Kochi

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Can you recommend me?

by varsha_vas Online Now Mar 6, 2014 at 1:36 AM

In which temple in and around cochin can pitru tarpanam or shraddham done? Thank you

1 Answer Mar 6, 2014 at 1:43 PM
    • NIGHT SIGHTSEEING AT KOCHI

by rajivkumar Online Now Feb 27, 2014 at 1:40 AM

HELLO I AM REACHING COCHIN AT 9 PM AND WILL MOVE NEXT DAY MORNING 6 AM , PL SUGGEST SOME PLACES FOR NIGHT SIGHTSEEING AT KOCHI

4 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 7:23 AM
    • Travelling with a 2 1/2 year old

by Sonia29 Online Now Feb 6, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Any travel tips for travelling with a 2 1/2 year old??? We plan to visit some temples & museum s as that will interest our son as well. We are Malaysian Indians (I'm a Malaysian Malayalee). So its like going back home for me :)

Tq

Mrs. Andy

5 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 12:18 AM
    • hotel in kochi

by atonhamed Online Now Jan 5, 2014 at 10:33 AM

hello...we are a couple going to kochi end of jan and we want to spend 25$ per night which hotel do u suggest..the hotel to be clean and good condition

3 Answers Jan 22, 2014 at 5:09 AM
    • Whether AC required in December

by kajaljain Online Now Nov 5, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Hi. Im travelling to South India for the first time in December and wanting a book a hotel in Cherai and houseboat in Alleppy. Should I go for AC accommodation or non ac would be fine. Basically I want to know how the weather will be in mid december. Please guide.

6 Answers Nov 6, 2013 at 4:59 AM
    • ddavisgr's Profile Photo

Place to see around Kochi

by ddavisgr Online Now Oct 31, 2013 at 4:39 AM

Am going to Kochi for about 4 days in December. What are the places to see within 150 kms of Kochi. Please suggest

7 Answers Nov 6, 2013 at 5:07 AM
    • balramdass's Profile Photo

kochi airport hotels

by balramdass Online Now Oct 6, 2013 at 6:32 AM

hi all. I need a hotel for one night in kochi by the airport as my flight lands late and next morning im off to the falls. My question is can you suggest a hotel which has some bars and restaurants in the area where i can enjoy the evening rather than just sit in one bar of the hotel. many thanks in advance

1 Answer Oct 10, 2013 at 3:40 AM
    • kin79's Profile Photo

Traditional Onam Sadhya

by kin79 Online Now Sep 3, 2013 at 3:11 AM

My family and me are reaching Kochi on the day of Onam. We would like to eat the traditional Onam Sadhya for Lunch. we are staying in Fort Cochin. Any suggestions where we can eat the Onam Sadhya ???

• Steph_1986's Profile Photo

Fellow solo female travellers

by Steph_1986 Online Now Jul 15, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Hi everyone, I'm travelling to Kerala in October this year. I'll be in Kochi for 2 nights and then planning to take a train up to Wayanad. Later on I'll be visiting Idduki and Alleypey. Let me know any if you want to travel together/take the train together? It'll be fun!

Cheers

2 Answers Jul 16, 2013 at 4:23 AM
    • Travel & Tourism

by jipsy1 Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 7:12 AM

Can anybody suggest for a good travel spot in Kerala? I am from Kochi and would like to travel to nice, calm and quiet place….

7 Answers Sep 6, 2013 at 3:51 AM
    • ShimA29's Profile Photo

most comfortable and price worthy way to reach COIMBATORE from COCHIN

by ShimA29 Online Now Nov 16, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Hello,
      I am from Maldives.
      I need your assistance.
      I have to go to Coimbatore (Ganga Hospital) for my 4 year old daughters surgery.

Actually I am very much confused on how to plan the trip, because of my previous experience. My husband, my daughter and I went to Coimbatore this year in June. We flew to Chennai and from the airport we took a taxi to Coimbed Bus station, and then we went on Bus to Coimbatore. It took almost 12 hours :O. My daughter was on my lap most of the time and i had body pain for almost 2 days because of sitting on the chair for so long.

So this time I searched internet a bit to check on the nearest place to Coimbatore that I can fly to from Maldives. I got the idea that Cochin was nearest to Coimbatore.(According to Google Map its a journey of around 3 hours by car). So, I have confirmed our air tickets to Cochin for 21st November (next Wednesday).
      We would arrive at Cochin in the evening around 15:30. This time My Mother will be accompanying my husband, me n my daughter.

Now, I would like your help in choosing the most convenient and price worthy way to reach Coimbatore from Cochin by road.

Should we hire a taxi or should we go for the bus or train?
      I am just very confused because I do not want the trip to be very tiring like the one before. I need to be in good health and perfectly fit and prepared for my daughters surgery when we reach there.

I hope to get good ideas on how i should plan my trip.

1 Answer Nov 17, 2012 at 8:02 AM
    • Christmas in Kochi

by Doreenlim Online Now Nov 1, 2012 at 11:11 PM

We (2Ad) are thinking of arriving Kochi to at Christmas time. I read Kochi has Christian majority and is wondering how Christmas is celebrated there. Any progr to enlighten?
      1. Which hotel has Christmas celebration?
      2. We arrive 12.10am 24 Dec. I think maybe we better stay in a hotel near airport? Any to recc.?
      3. We intend to travel on our own in Kochi for 2D before hiring a car & driver to go further out. Will most of the sights be closed for Christmas?
      4. After that we will journey elsewhere and end in Thiruv. to sighsee and fly back home

1 Answer Feb 3, 2013 at 10:52 PM
    • Purush's Profile Photo

Kochi to Munnar

by Purush Online Now Jun 2, 2012 at 11:25 AM

I am travelling to Kochi this week. I want to know:

1. What are the places of interest in Kochi I will be staying only for one night?

2. What is the best way to travel to Munnar with a family of five (inc. 2 kids)?

3. Is the road to Munnar is hilly/ curvey/ sloppy ? How long does ita take to reach Munnar / Chinnakanal by a Tax ?

4. After Munnar I want to go to Trivendram but after covering a Backwater on the way, Is it possible or I need to again come back to Kochi for a BW and then go to Trivendram?

Any advise will help but as soon as possible pl.

Thanks in advance.
      Rgds

3 Answers Jun 6, 2012 at 9:24 AM
    • Humayunjameel's Profile Photo

Paying Guest Accomodation

by Humayunjameel Online Now May 7, 2012 at 3:34 AM

Can someone post information of a single Room with attached bathroom,as i intend setting up business in Kochi and will be travelling frequently probably spending atleast 4 nights every second month,it makes no sense to stay in a Hotel.Look forward to some info of economical clean and decent Accomodation

2 Answers May 7, 2012 at 1:07 PM
    • Best way to get from Kochi to Coimbatore

by rox7 Online Now Feb 19, 2012 at 3:25 AM

Hello
      I'm arriving this Tuesday at Kochi airport and need to get to Coimbatore.
      What would be the best way? By Bus or Train?
      And how do I get from the Kochi airport to either Bus Station Or Train Station? (I'm guessing by taxi?)

Any other suggestions about Kochi to Coimbatore trip? (im a woman & it's my first time in India)

Thank You

9 Answers Mar 27, 2012 at 5:08 AM
    • TRIP TO COCCHIN AND GOA FROM MUSCAT

by errrgmie Online Now Nov 26, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Hi ALL,

i M PLANNING A TRIP FROM MUSCAT-COCHIN-GOA. I m traveklling with wife and son 13 yrs. Kindly suggest mode of travels, package tour operators. I intend to travel by Feb 15,2012.

Will appreciate the input.

Ravi

1 Answer Nov 27, 2011 at 1:21 AM
    • cochin airport travel agents

by alpeshmistry Online Now Nov 19, 2011 at 9:41 PM

Hello I am travelling to kerala in the begining og december. I am flying to cochin airport. I have not booked anything other then flight. I was just wondering is it possible to find better deal upon arriving at cochin airport? are there any tour operators/agents at airport available where you can negotiate better deal? please let me know if anybody have done like this

2 Answers Nov 20, 2011 at 7:32 PM
    • Thy Grace International's Cocokerala

by sankardas Online Now Apr 8, 2011 at 12:46 PM

Planning to visit Kerala. I have received number of quotee but quote from thy grace international's cocokerala is found to be good and reasonable.For confirmation they are asking for 25% advance.I would like to know the crediblity and service of that company.Anybody can help me? If anyone enjoyed there service please let me know your experience.Many thanks

Sankar Das

1 Answer Apr 8, 2011 at 10:07 PM
    • hongkongsteve's Profile Photo

The best beach location to stay in Kerala

by hongkongsteve Online Now Jan 19, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Hi All VT’rs

You have been asked this probably many times, but your advice is really welcomed as we have never been to Kerala before, but are really excited about our up and coming trip?

We are flying into Cochin around the 5th of February and we are looking find a good beach location the 7 - 10 days.

1 - Ideally we are looking for a place that is 'chilled out' and has a sunset/sunrise to die for! To give you an idea to 'our preference', we have traveled in India many times and spent most of our time there in Palolem which is in the south of Goa. If we can find somewhere like Palolem then we would be very happy. We not looking for a crazy/busy town with bars/night clubs etc, just somewhere that's got a few places to unwind to eat and drink after a busy day on the beach.

2 - Budget-wise, we're happy to pay from30 -50 a night for the right place. Ideally we are looking for a place that is right on the beach, or a sea view hut/room/villa etc. Is this possible and can you recommend any good places?

3 - How we can get to these places from the Airport? Could we just get a taxi to take us straight to the town/village etc? If we did take a bus/train/taxi, what should the costs be and how long would the journey take?

4 – What is the local mobile phone networks coverage like? I will be taking my blackberry, and my girlfriend will be taking her iphone, so we are wondering if there are any local telecom providers that provide pre-pay services blackberry and iphone's so we can keep in touch with our friends and family. What about broadband internet for my laptop. Can you get a 'pre pay' service for this also?

Thanks very much for your help and assistance here. Wishing you all health and happiness and I hope my questions also help others!

Steve

5 Answers Sep 6, 2013 at 3:51 AM
    • debika's Profile Photo

Nice beach holiday for family

by debika Online Now Dec 2, 2010 at 6:45 AM

Hi, we have 2 four year olds and a baby and coming from England via Kolkata. We would love to just relax by a nice beach. We fly out of Cochin so wondering if you would class Cherai as a beautiful beach or look further down the coast? We want something easy due to kids....any thoughts please! We could fly into Triv and go to a beach near there and do a car journey up if you think Cherai is not appropriate. We want to come away raving about the beach as after Kolkata we need peace!!

3 Answers Sep 6, 2013 at 3:51 AM
    • need help for kerala trip

by bhavnasharma Online Now Oct 15, 2010 at 2:48 AM

HI FRIENDS,
      please help me.

I am planning a 7 day trip to kerela for my parents. from banglore they will
      arriving cochin on 22nd nov(time is not confirm,may be in the morning ) and
      departing 28th Nov from cochin.

They are travelling first time towards south of india and i want to make
      it memorable.i am waiting for your valuable reply on following points

1. Weather during that time
      2. Suggested itenary and must see places
      3. suggested hotels and tarrifs if available.
      4. Shall i book the hotels in advance(in nov. AC rooms are required or not)
      5. Tansportation - whether should arrange for a AC or a NON AC car. Is there
      any contact number where i can book the car in advacne
      6.Any suggested package which covers hotels/car except airfare(please give me
      reply of this ques. coz i don't feel that i am can arrange all the things by
      myself)

I am sorry for asking too much but i have no other option.
      thanx

4 Answers Sep 6, 2013 at 3:51 AM
    • Visiting Kerala

by Radha1587 Online Now May 12, 2010 at 9:23 AM

Hi,
      I would be visiting Cochin, Kumarakom and Thekkady in June with my friends. We already have a hotel reservation, I just wanted to know whether we can avail just the pick up and drop facility few times. We dont want the driver to stay with us for all the time. I made some inquiries, but I noticed that the travel agents there dont provode you such facility and you get a cab for the whole time. If anybody knows where such pick-up and drop facility is available, please let me know the details.

Also, if anybody could guide me about a travel agent who can book a train ticket from Cochin to Mumbai, it would be great.

5 Answers Sep 6, 2013 at 3:51 AM
    • Hotels..?

by vjn Online Now May 1, 2010 at 9:34 PM

Hi
      I am planning a trip to Kochi in September 2adults/2child, please recommend beach front hotels that are reasonably priced.

TQ

2 Answers Sep 6, 2013 at 3:51 AM
    • n0mad2010's Profile Photo

how to plan for 5-6 days in Kerala?

by n0mad2010 Online Now Apr 12, 2010 at 2:41 PM

Hi, i have 5-6 days time in Kerala in June end, what best i can see in this period and how? i guess Munnar, Kochi & Kovalam are my destinations, as i have my departure flight from Kochi. Also pls guide the best budgeted accomodation. i am coming with my wife and a child of 5 years.

10 Answers Sep 6, 2013 at 2:06 AM
    • Jessichops's Profile Photo

How to get from Kovalam to Cochin..

by Jessichops Online Now Feb 17, 2010 at 1:20 PM

There will be 3 of us travelling from Kovalam to Cochin, and were wondering:
      a) what's the best method of transport to use and how long would the main options take?
      b) Our preferred other option would be to travel overnight, is this an available for this route and how / how much?

If we were to hire a driver for this journey, how long would it take in a car and how much would it be (roughly)?

Thanks in advance

4 Answers Mar 14, 2010 at 7:36 PM
    • Backwater cruise from Cochin

by dragonannie Online Now Oct 29, 2009 at 4:41 PM

Hi
      We will be arriving in Cochin by cruise ship docking at 10am. We would like to do a boat trip on the backwaters. Are there any tour operators in Cochin that do a short trip for a few hours?

5 Answers Jan 2, 2010 at 4:30 PM
    • kamaferro's Profile Photo

One week in Kochi and surrounding areas

by kamaferro Online Now Oct 10, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Will be going to Kochi for a week with my kids of Indian origin, any good suggestion for nice hotel, clean and wat don't miss in kochi and nearby areas. Also a traditional Ayurveda massage place.

Any good place to eat ?

Thanks

11 Answers Sep 6, 2013 at 3:51 AM
    • Kochi Port to Airport

by Rogr23 Online Now Feb 26, 2009 at 8:03 AM

I wish to get from the port to Kochi airport for a flight at 2pm on a Monday.
      What is the approx cost and how long should the journey take?

Many thanks
      Roger

• thuyronald's Profile Photo

How much time for airport check-in

by thuyronald Online Now Feb 16, 2009 at 6:07 PM

Hello,

I will be flying out of Cochin to Delhi at 11:30 am on SpiceJet. How much time would I need to be at the airport before my flight?

thanks for helping.

Twee

4 Answers Feb 19, 2009 at 10:07 PM
    • dundalkspur's Profile Photo

Taxi tour

by dundalkspur Online Now Feb 1, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Hi-we only have a few hours in port and someone kindly suggested we hire a taxi to sight see ? What and where do you think we should see and do -and how long from the port do you think it will take ?Thanks for your help

1 Answer Feb 1, 2009 at 11:10 AM