Kochi Travel Answers

change location
ShimA29's Profile Photo

most comfortable and price worthy way to reach COIMBATORE from COCHIN

by ShimA29 Online Now Nov 16, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Hello,
I am from Maldives.
I need your assistance.
I have to go to Coimbatore (Ganga Hospital) for my 4 year old daughters surgery.

Actually I am very much confused on how to plan the trip, because of my previous experience. My husband, my daughter and I went to Coimbatore this year in June. We flew to Chennai and from the airport we took a taxi to Coimbed Bus station, and then we went on Bus to Coimbatore. It took almost 12 hours :O. My daughter was on my lap most of the time and i had body pain for almost 2 days because of sitting on the chair for so long.

So this time I searched internet a bit to check on the nearest place to Coimbatore that I can fly to from Maldives. I got the idea that Cochin was nearest to Coimbatore.(According to Google Map its a journey of around 3 hours by car). So, I have confirmed our air tickets to Cochin for 21st November (next Wednesday).
We would arrive at Cochin in the evening around 15:30. This time My Mother will be accompanying my husband, me n my daughter.

Now, I would like your help in choosing the most convenient and price worthy way to reach Coimbatore from Cochin by road.

Should we hire a taxi or should we go for the bus or train?
I am just very confused because I do not want the trip to be very tiring like the one before. I need to be in good health and perfectly fit and prepared for my daughters surgery when we reach there.

I hope to get good ideas on how i should plan my trip.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • vpas's Profile Photo

Re: most comfortable and price worthy way to reach COIMBATORE from COCHIN

by vpas Online Now Nov 17, 2012 at 8:02 AM

You can go either by car or by train. I think car/taxi would be best, since even if you go by train you have to then again take a cab/auto to and from the railway station and that is going to add to your discomfort. So just hire a cab and then get dropped straight at the hospital. You can also write to cochin member Harsha who writes under the name hb_capri -- She lives in Cochin and may be she can recommend a good taxi company.
    All the best,

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines