Koblenz

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• tour guides

by debrawiertalla2424 Online Now Apr 13, 2014 at 12:20 PM

is there any English speaking tour guides for the region along the Mosel river area. I am interested in see castles no problem with walking, there are 5 of us all photographers, we want to see awesome land scapes as well, what ever it takes to get there we are game debra

more
    • What to do for a day in Koblenz, Germany

by ManoharS Online Now Apr 13, 2014 at 8:41 PM

We are arriving late night in mid-May in Koblenz and staying for two nights. So we will have a whole day in Koblenz and next day we will take a Rhine river boat to MainZ. Question: for the one day we are in Koblenz, are there tours available to near by castles and view points that we can take? Or what do you recommend we do in Koblenz for one day?

more
    • What to do for a day in Koblenz, Germany

by ManoharS Online Now Apr 13, 2014 at 8:41 PM

We are arriving late night in mid-May in Koblenz and staying for two nights. So we will have a whole day in Koblenz and next day we will take a Rhine river boat to MainZ. Question: for the one day we are in Koblenz, are there tours available to near by castles and view points that we can take? Or what do you recommend we do in Koblenz for one day?

3 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 6:24 AM
    • tour guides

by debrawiertalla2424 Online Now Apr 13, 2014 at 12:20 PM

is there any English speaking tour guides for the region along the Mosel river area. I am interested in see castles no problem with walking, there are 5 of us all photographers, we want to see awesome land scapes as well, what ever it takes to get there we are game debra

1 Answer Apr 13, 2014 at 10:36 PM
    • SwatiK's Profile Photo

good restaurant to eat lunch

by SwatiK Online Now Jan 30, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Hi..
      Im visiting Koblenz for the first time with my fiance
      Can u please help me telling a good place to hav a proper meal..
      And a romantic place to see..
      And if possible can u please suggest around the main city only..
      Thank u in advance..

2 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 10:36 AM
    • akskibunny's Profile Photo

Stops on a Rhine Cruise

by akskibunny Online Now Aug 25, 2013 at 1:36 AM

We're going to take a day cruise on the Rhine from Koblenz to Rudesheim and can fit in two quick stops along the route. Having a hard time deciding which towns to see. We've been to Bacharach on a previous trip and will be staying in Oberwesel one night on this trip. Any suggestions for stops and what we should make a point to see? Thanks!

3 Answers Aug 25, 2013 at 2:44 PM
    • Taxi to Schloss Stolzenfels

by Akarana2 Online Now May 25, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I would appreciate an indication of the taxi fare to & from the Hauptbahnhof to Schloss Stolzenfels on a Saturday afternoon. Would ther be any difficulty in getting a taxi back to Koblenz?
      Any comments will be appreciated.
      Thanks

1 Answer May 25, 2013 at 10:17 PM
    • BillyC15's Profile Photo

cologne to koblenz

by BillyC15 Online Now Jul 23, 2012 at 12:26 PM

hi everyone, i hope someone can give me an answer to my question..we are flying to Cologne from Scotland , then travelling on to Koblenz , where we will be based for a week in August..I looked at the train fares (saver fares ) from Cologne-Koblenz, and it is somewhat more than i expected, can anyone tell me if there is a bus from Cologne to Koblenz?...thank you

6 Answers Jul 26, 2012 at 5:51 AM
    • RhineRoll's Profile Photo

VT meeting planned -- please indicated interest and choose a date

by RhineRoll Online Now Mar 8, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Hi everybody,

especially at the last VT Europe meeting in Krakow, I've received so much help from so many people that I would very much like to invite you to my lovely part of the world, the Rhineland. There could be no better time to visit it than summer 2011 because there is a large festival in Koblenz, the "Federal Garden show" http://www.buga2011.de

I've selected 3 dates so in case you are interested in signing up you can indicate which date you prefer. Please follow this link:

http://www.doodle.com/qywksgynh74h8mrb

The feedback will help me determine which date to set. If you follow the link you will also see a very rough and preliminary idea of what the itinerary might be like.

Best,
      Win

4 Answers Mar 19, 2011 at 4:46 AM
    • heidstar's Profile Photo

a day trip to koblenz

by heidstar Online Now Jan 3, 2011 at 10:57 PM

I have 3 days in mainz frankfurt with my mum next week and i thought i would take her on a day trip somewhere.I had taken the train from mainz to koln once (with a german speaking friend) before and i just loved the train ride.This time i wanted to go somewhere further so i was thinking koblenz!!!
      We are australian, who do not speak any english but have the trusty dictionary with us of course.
      Is there a travel information bureau in the train station? We would like to visit a castle (thats easy walk for my mum)have a nice lunch and just walk around the city!! Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!!

thanks all!!!

4 Answers Jan 4, 2011 at 7:51 AM
    • Train From Koblenz to Bingen

by djl4 Online Now Oct 26, 2010 at 8:58 AM

I will be cruising the Rhine on the KD from Bingen to Koblenz in April 2011. I will be driving a car. I want to park the car in Koblenz, ride a train to Bingen and then cruise the KD back to Koblenz. Is this a feasible plan? Is Bingen the best place to board the KD? Is there a better way to coordinate my travel plan?

2 Answers Oct 26, 2010 at 11:43 PM
    • Furniture Shop in Koblenz

by Zara12345 Online Now Oct 11, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Hello,

I visited a fantastic home furnishings shop in the main shopping area of Koblenz in the summer & I can't remember the name of it. The shop sold some pretty unique furniture including a desk made from an aeroplane wing etc and it also sold oozoo watches and some lovely jewellery.

Can anyone help me? What was the name of the shop? I would love to check out their web page or call them about a particular piece of furniture that I saw but all my internet searches have failed so far :(

Many Thanks,
      Zara

1 Answer Aug 29, 2013 at 7:05 PM
    • tconnecting frankfurt to koblenz

by 19551953199419921930 Online Now May 10, 2010 at 3:32 PM

Please, I would like to know how to get a bus from Frankfurt's main trainstation
      to Koblenz. where /schedule/price/how long is the trip.

2 Answers May 11, 2010 at 12:48 AM
    • Self service laundry in Koblenz ?

by matiatui Online Now Apr 24, 2010 at 4:40 AM

Hi,
      Im visiting again Koblenz. Is there any self service laundry there? It used to be one opposite the Ibis hotel , but wasnt there last year anymore. Thank you!

5 Answers May 5, 2010 at 1:43 PM
    • Help me choose a castle to tour, please?

by Daphnita Online Now Apr 11, 2010 at 9:35 AM

I'll be spending the day cruising the Rhine with the KD from Rudesheim to Koblenz on a Sunday next month. I've decided, in spite of the bad rep and after much deliberation and research, on Rudesheim as the village to visit. I'd also like to visit a castle, but I need some recommendations of castles that are accesible by taxi or bus or whatever from the docks in one of the villages that the KD touches. I don't want to hike up to a castle, because I'm traveling alone and not in the greatest shape. I very much wanted to visit the hotel castle on top of Oberwesen, but I understand that it's only allowed to tour on the outside.

Thanks in advance!

9 Answers Apr 12, 2010 at 11:09 AM
    • Which town/village to choose along the Rhine from Koblenz to Mainz?

by Daroz Online Now Apr 3, 2010 at 11:16 AM

I'm doing the KD cruise, coming from Frankfurt and ending in Koblenz. I'll have time to see 1-2 towns, and I'm hesitating between Rudesheim, Mainz, Koblenz or any of the others. Which are the most picturesque?

12 Answers May 23, 2010 at 10:19 AM
    • train from koblenz to mainz

by lohara005 Online Now Mar 4, 2010 at 4:24 AM

hi, I am planning on traveling from Koblenz to Mainz. We are flying into Frankfurt-Hahn. We were thinking of getting a bus to koblenz and stayinh 1 nite, then getting train from koblenz to mainz. can you get on and off the train - with just one ticket or would you need to buy separate tickets as we would like to see some of the towns/villages along the way.

Where would be the best places to visit. We only have 4 days. How long do you think this trip would take. we were also thinking of maybe just going straight to frankfurt. Any ideas/ help woul dbe great.

Lesley.

4 Answers Mar 4, 2010 at 7:10 PM
    • patsouthwood's Profile Photo

Contemporary Crafts in Koblenz

by patsouthwood Online Now Dec 17, 2009 at 10:53 AM

Hi, I am a member of Norfolk Contemporary Craft Society, based in your twin town of Norwich. I was wondering if you had a similar organisation?

• nomad7890's Profile Photo

Bus #1 Hauptbhf to Deutch's Eck - do we pay in the bus or need to buy tokens?

by nomad7890 Online Now Nov 14, 2009 at 9:56 AM

I normally walk and my first visit to Koblenz I walked everywhere, but I know if I want my companion to last the day in Koblenz, I need to take the bus from the station ;-) so - does anyone know how the payment of the fare go? Can you pay at the bus, or need to buy tokens.

I've searched the http://www.kevag.de/ using Google advanced search for "fahrgeld" and "fahrgast" (is this not fares?) but have found no indication other than a bus card for residents.

6 Answers Nov 15, 2009 at 1:48 AM

What to do in Koblenz on a bad weather day in December

by nomad7890 Online Now Oct 16, 2009 at 7:24 AM

Where are some good places to go in Koblenz if there is bad weather? Museums, monument tours, cafe's, connected stores ... any good ideas.

I have visited Koblenz in the summer and fell in love with the town. I also know what to expect as far as walking - will return to Koblenz the first week of December with a person who does not like to take long walks.

The tickets I'm purchasing are not exchangeable, they must be used on the train originally booked. We will be in Koblenz approximately from 11 AM to about 18:00. Ideally it will be cold, maybe a bit cloudy, but perfectly great and walkable (Plan A) ... however in the event it's rainy and windy, I need Plan B.

So if the weather is horrible - what are some good suggestions on what to do from 11 to 18:00?

Karlsruhe to Koblenz early December - need advance train tickets?

by nomad7890 Online Now Oct 14, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Based in Karlsruhe, would like to take a day trip to Koblenz early December this year. I've been looking at the Die Bahn site and am starting to wonder if it would be a good idea to pre-purchase these seats - looks like things are getting full. I would love to return here for a day in the winter.

Also, although I know weather cannot be predicted (I have already looked at all the weather web sites and know the averages) - do you have any experience on how snowy and *windy* it gets?

Would a visit from around 11 AM to about 6 PM be fine, or will it start getting way too cold after 5 PM (sun down) ?

9 Answers Nov 8, 2012 at 2:18 PM
    • Koblenz choices...can I get some advice?

by ddschur Online Now Aug 15, 2009 at 11:34 AM

During an upcoming river cruise we will have a choice while in Koblenz.

One choice is to take a guided walking tour of Old Town.

The other is a guided tour of the 13th century Marksburg Castle.

Any recommendations?

Thank you in advance.

Walt

4 Answers Aug 18, 2009 at 11:19 AM
    • highmeadowhiker's Profile Photo

Bus Stop for Line 1, nearest KD docks

by highmeadowhiker Online Now Aug 12, 2009 at 10:27 PM

I have read that there is a Buslinie 1 going from the KD Anlegestelle (landing) to the DB Hbf. How can I find a map which shoes this?

8 Answers Aug 13, 2009 at 9:18 PM
    • Train from Koblenz to Rudesheim?

by angelalevino Online Now Jun 17, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Greetings,

I would like to get information on train service from Koblenz to Rudesheim. I checked the bahn.de website but I did not have any luck.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

A L

3 Answers Jun 22, 2009 at 12:33 AM
    • K-D schedules

by Garfieldtx Online Now May 8, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Hi, I have been reading great info on the forum and i am planning on a Train/Ferry trip on 5/16 from Frankfurt to Koln.

1. Frankfurt airport -> Rudesheim or Bingen
      Q -My flt arrives at 7:20am and i need to get to either of these 2 places by the train asap to catch the KD ferry. Which pier is easier and quicker to get to?

2. Rudesheim or Bingen to Koblenz
      Q- I read the K-D schedule posted on the web but it appears that they only have ferry departs at 9:15, 10:15 and 14:15 (fm Rudesheim) and 9:30, 10:30 and 14:30 from Bingen. Orignally, I want to take the ferry to go all the way to Koln, but it seems like only the 10:15 ferry have the 2nd part (Koblenz to Koln) of the ride. I doubted if I can make it to either of these piers fm the airport to catch that. Now i also read some conflicing info about K-D runs hourly during the peak season. Is it true?
      I also read that there is no need to buy the ferry ticket in advance and there are 20% discount off for train & ferry ticket. How and where can i get it?

3. From Koblenz to Koln,
      I can spen a nite in Koln or Koblenz and then need to take another train ride on Sunday late afternoon to go to other city. Is there anything to see in Kolenz at nite? Or it is better off to just go to Koln straight?

4. Questions on the DB, if I get the discounted ticket but end up missing the train, can I still use the ticket? Is it worth it to spend more on the 1st class than the 2nd class ticket?

5. Can I take my carry on lugguage with me on the K-D line?

3 Answers May 11, 2009 at 6:43 AM
    • Hotel suggestions? Visiting Lahntal and Moseltal

by elbegewa Online Now Feb 14, 2009 at 1:50 PM

We are going to spend 3 days visiting the Lahn and Mosel Valleys in late May.

Where to stay?
      We prefer:
      * mid priced small "local" hotels or pensions of gasthauses with a friendly homey atmosphere.
      * My wife and I are in out mid 60's, very physically active
      * We'll have a car, so parking will be a consideration.
      * Prefer either a small town or Koblenz where we can explore in the evening, then drive/explore the Mosel and Lahn during the day. Then on the last day drive up the Rhein to Frankfurt.
      * We're figuring somewhere in the general area of Koblenz would be central for us.

Do you have suggestions?

The hotels we are considering so far are:
      * Zugbruecke
      * Merkelbach
      * Weinlaube
      * Schloss (in Koblenz)
      * Burg Liebenstein (further away, in Kamp-Bornhofen)
      * maybe something near Bad Ems?

3 Answers Feb 16, 2009 at 1:49 AM
    • deborar83's Profile Photo

B&B in Koblenz

by deborar83 Online Now Jun 19, 2008 at 6:34 AM

Hello
      I'm going to spend some days in Koblenz in August.
      Does anyone knows a good B&b/Pension/Guesthouse/ferienwohnung in the city center???
      Thanks a lot
      Debora

4 Answers Jun 23, 2008 at 10:37 PM
    • montroulez's Profile Photo

internet cafe

by montroulez Online Now Jun 16, 2008 at 10:05 AM

I am travelling in a few days with a class of 40 pupils to Koblenz, Boppard and Rudesheim. I wanted to know if there are any internet cafe or computer access in those towns.I don't intend to travel with a computer.
      Thanks

2 Answers Jun 16, 2008 at 11:35 AM

Need help with Koblenz Hbf

by nomad7890 Online Now May 18, 2008 at 4:38 PM

Need someone familiar with the Koblenz HBF

If I take the train ... one of the changes in Koblenz goes from "Platform 7" (IC) to "Platform 5 Nord" (RB). How close are the platforms, and can the change be made in 5 minutes?

Same question ... Koblenz, from "Platform 2 Sud" (RB) to "Platform 3" (ICE) - also in 5 minutes.

Is there a web site with a diagram of the Koblenz station?

Thanks.

5 Answers May 19, 2008 at 9:47 AM
    • KD Line Ferry Excursion

by canuckfan Online Now May 9, 2008 at 8:55 PM

Would someone know if you can interrupt your trip down the Rhine river with KD Line and go ashore in e.g St Goar and enjoy a cup of coffee and kuchen and then continue on an hour later on the next boat?

3 Answers May 10, 2008 at 12:58 PM
    • Koblenz Station to TuS football Stadium & Tickets

by worldexpress Online Now Feb 11, 2008 at 9:17 PM

Hello. I'd like to know how I can get to the football stadium (Oberweis Stadium?) once I arrive at the Koblenz train station. Is taxi the only option? Any idea on fare? Bus option?

I'd like to catch TuS koblenz play but it's proving to be difficult to buy tickets online for foreigners. Are they usually sold out? Is it possible to get same day walk-up tickets at the stadium? I'd like to go to the 15Feb. game.

Thanks for any help!

6 Answers Feb 12, 2008 at 11:08 AM
    • lclaudio's Profile Photo

boat between koblenz-mainz

by lclaudio Online Now Jan 25, 2008 at 5:24 PM

hello. i`d like to know if there is a boat leaving mainz to koblenz or vice-versa, with no stop, or even, leaving koblenz till bingen with no stop. i`ll be by car, so, i have in mind leave the car in koblenz and take the boat, but i`m worried about how to return, once i just want a one-way trip. so if i get the boat from koblenz to bingen, for exemple, do i have any bus or train or whathever to get back faster? and what about the fares? thaks a lot.

4 Answers Jan 25, 2008 at 6:23 PM