Kobe Travel Answers

change location

Kobe hotel and transportation to cruise line

by renkos Online Now Jul 1, 2010 at 8:49 AM

My wife and I are planning to fly from Canada and get on the Holland America cruise line Volendam at Kobe. My question is since our flight ends up in Osaka (ITM)and we plan to get to Kobe, which is closer to our cruise ship, for a few days (and sight see), what is a good hotel in Kobe to take and what kind of transportation from the hotel to the cruise ship is the best and easiest. Also, what is the best and easiset transportation from the Osaka airport to the kobe hotel. My wife will be using a collapsable wheelchair. We are both older and retired.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • SfumatoPants's Profile Photo

Re: Kobe hotel and transportation to cruise line

by SfumatoPants Online Now Jul 2, 2010 at 11:57 AM

I haven't done the specific trip you are planning so I can only offer you general advice. Japan is hit and miss when it comes to wheelchair accessibility. Newer buildings have good access, considered from their inception, but older buildings have none, and I have heard that often those that have been retrofitted were done very poorly. It could very well be that your only transportation choice is Taxi. On the other hand, Japan is an aging society and these issues are commonplace. It shouldn't be that hard to find the assistance of those who have experience with your exact situation.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines