Ko Tao

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Beautyland Patong

Phuket Apr 9, 2014 at 7:40 AM

Has anyone been to Beautyland Patong recently? I have been searching for it but no one seems to know where it is other than going into Phuket Town.

more
    • ankurvohra13's Profile Photo

Phuket in April

Phuket Mar 30, 2014 at 3:56 AM

I would be in phuket for 5 days from 18th april would anybody would be there in phuket just send me a message.

more
    • lalula82's Profile Photo

phuket in april

Phuket Mar 27, 2014 at 3:38 AM

Any one heading to phuket on April 19th? Catch up for walks, shopping

more
    • Phuket Airport to Karon Beach

Phuket Apr 21, 2014 at 5:42 AM

We are a family of 4 (2A+2C) and will be staying between Karon and Kata beaches in August 2014. What is the best way to get to our hotel from Phuket Airport? :)

more
    • Where to watch football!?

Ko Phangan Apr 8, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Hi I'm staying in Mae haad for 4 days, just need to know if anyone knows of any bars nearby that show English football?

more
    • Safe swimming in October

Phuket Mar 25, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Which beaches are safe to swim in during the last week of October?
      Can anyone recommend a good snorkelling site at this time of the year?
      Thanking you in anticipation.

more
    • transport from airport at night

Phuket Apr 17, 2014 at 2:03 AM

hi! im flying into Phuket at 9:05 pm and I have made a booking for that night at,Citin Plaza Patong Hotel and Spa
      Address: 34/50-57, Prachanukhro Road, Kathu , and im just wondering what would be the best way to get there at that time of night without being scammed?

more
    • Travelling with young kids

Phuket Apr 14, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Hello all. This trip we are taking our two young children (5 & 6yo). What activities, day trips, sights would you recommend? Any other tips appreciated.
      Thanks!

more
    • sdq's Profile Photo

Where to find halal Muslim food in Phuket ?

Phuket Apr 4, 2014 at 3:14 PM

Where to find halal Muslim food in Phuket near Outrigger Laguna Phuket Resort and Villas Laguna Village Residence 3, House No. 116/13, Moo 6, T.Cherngtalay A.Talang, Bang Thao / Laguna, Area or do I have to bring frozen or canned food with me.

more
    • Travel from Phuket Airport

Phuket 15 hours ago

Is it Safe to Travel from Phuket Airport to Patong at night with family ( 2 ADULT + ONE INFANT) ..my flight lands at 10:30 pm at night ?
      please advise

more
    • How expensive is Ko Samui?

Ko Samui Apr 21, 2014 at 8:42 AM

How much for food and drinks, is it expensive here?

more
    • How do you buy tickets for a Kick Boxing event?

Ko Samui Apr 17, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Can someone recommend an online link to buy tickets in advance? We are visiting for only 5 days this summer July 15 - 20th and we wanted to see this.

more
    • mariahc1's Profile Photo

about a holiday to Phuket

Phuket Apr 18, 2014 at 12:06 AM

Hello, my husband and I are planning to spend a week in Phuket in July. I have a few questions to ask and I would appreciate early answers so I can book our tickets:-)

1. We found the trip through a travel agency but it cost 1000 euros more than if we book it on our own. Is it that difficult to do that without a group and a guide? (I don't think so but anyway).
      2. What about visas to Thailand? How do we arrange that?
      3. Do we have to go to Bangkok and then to Phuket? We found a cheap ticket (stop at Jordan and then to Phuket straight). Isn't it better?
      4. The airport is close to which beach? I realize that there are various beaches (depending on your taste). Which one is closer to the airport? Or is that a trivial matter?
      5. Is going to the other islands expensive? Is food expensive? I mean, as a holiday in general, does it require a lot of pocket money? We want to see the islands and do activities but not to shop.

Well, I hope I haven't forgotten anything. If I do, I'll post some more questions :-)
      Thank you for your time.

Maria

more
    • Phuket safety

Phuket Apr 6, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Hello all:
      I wanted to ask if Phuket was safe for solo travelers. I hear lots of stories about people spiking drinks and robbing tourists. Should I stay away from the bars? Even though I am male and can defend myself, I wanted t know what precautions I should take.

more
    • phuket july

Phuket Mar 29, 2014 at 7:30 AM

How's the weather the first 2 weeks in july?

And is it as dangerous as the media makes it out to be?
      Thanks!

more
    • sjumani's Profile Photo

Phuket to Malaysia

Phuket 12 hours ago

What are the different options, besides by air, to go from Phuket to any city in Malaysia? Are there any ferries or boats? How much time would it take to reach Malaysia by road (via Krabi or any other place)?

more
    • Phuket May 2014 - Accommodation & Living Tips for an Irish Man

Phuket Apr 5, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Hello all, Thanks for taking the time to read this. I am thinking about staying in Thailand for a month maybe 6 weeks from 1.5 to 15.6 I am wondering where to stay that's clean and cheap. Its just for me (1 male) so i just want cheap and cheerful. I was in Phuket before but it was 10 years ago. I also would appreciate tips on should i rent a moped or just get the hop on hop off buses or tuk tuks? I would be interested in swimming, spa, relaxing treatments & staying fit while over there. So any tips there would be appreciated too. thanks Colin

more
    • mariahc1's Profile Photo

about a holiday to Phuket

Phuket Apr 18, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Hello, my husband and I are planning to spend a week in Phuket in July. I have a few questions to ask and I would appreciate early answers so I can book our tickets:-)

1. We found the trip through a travel agency but it cost 1000 euros more than if we book it on our own. Is it that difficult to do that without a group and a guide? (I don't think so but anyway).
      2. What about visas to Thailand? How do we arrange that?
      3. Do we have to go to Bangkok and then to Phuket? We found a cheap ticket (stop at Jordan and then to Phuket straight). Isn't it better?
      4. The airport is close to which beach? I realize that there are various beaches (depending on your taste). Which one is closer to the airport? Or is that a trivial matter?
      5. Is going to the other islands expensive? Is food expensive? I mean, as a holiday in general, does it require a lot of pocket money? We want to see the islands and do activities but not to shop.

Well, I hope I haven't forgotten anything. If I do, I'll post some more questions :-)
      Thank you for your time.

Maria

more
    • Insurance question

Phuket Mar 26, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Hello all: Is purchasing insurance for travel to Thailand mandatory? If so, where can you purchase insurance that is affordable?

more
    • When to Visit

by kdusdal Online Now Mar 2, 2014 at 9:01 PM

We are planning our honeymoon and have read a lot of conflicting information about when to visit regarding the rainy season. We have time off in October and November. Which month is better to visit in? And early or late in the month?

1 Answer Mar 2, 2014 at 11:49 PM
    • Dengue Fever

by Georgio2007 Online Now Jul 29, 2013 at 1:44 AM

I have booked a holiday to Koh Tao in August 2013 for my family ( we have 2 small children). I am now really concerned about Dengue Fever on the Island. Does anyone have any information/statistics?

1 Answer Jul 29, 2013 at 2:15 AM
    • Seanlow's Profile Photo

koh nang yuan(sorry, vt does not have koh nang yuan)

by Seanlow Online Now Sep 29, 2012 at 11:31 AM

i have read many negative review regarding this island.
      especially the hotels, is it worth a trip???

2 Answers Sep 29, 2012 at 3:13 PM
    • Seanlow's Profile Photo

from ko tao to koh nang yuan

by Seanlow Online Now Sep 29, 2012 at 11:15 AM

we are planning to go to koh nang yuan this coming february 2013.
      what is the easiest way to get there?
      we are coming from penang,malaysia.

from what i know, we will need to get to koh tao and take another boat to kioh nang yuan.
      is it true?

if it is true, do we need to make reservation in advance??
      how to make the reservation?

pls advice, thank you vters

1 Answer Sep 29, 2012 at 3:56 PM
    • Solo/sola en Koh Tao

by mariannej Online Now Sep 2, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Hello, Bonjour, Hola
      Je suis Francaise et j'habite a Madrid.
      Je vais passer deux semaines a Koh Tao que j'aime beaucoup du 11 au 21 septembre et suis ouverte a partager quelques activites avec un autre solo: balades/snorkelling etc

Hey i'm French and i live in Madrid, i'll be in Koh Tao that i already know from Sept 11 to 21 and would be happy to hook up occasionally with another solo for some walking around the island/snorkeling etc.

Hola soy Francesa y vivo en Madrid, viajo solo a Koh Tao de Sept 11 a 21 y me gustaria ver a otros viajeros solos por alli para caminar/hacer snorkeling/tomar algo...

Mon mail mariannej@rocketmail.com
      Marianne

1 Answer Sep 2, 2012 at 4:27 PM
    • Weather Concerns for Koh Tao

by AndyAird Online Now Oct 16, 2011 at 6:36 AM

Hi, my wife and I have booked tickets to come to Koh Tao for a month end of October 2011 to November. Can anyone possibly offer some insight into what the Lomprayah crossing has been like recently from Koh Samui and as to how the weather has been as I have been reading the Thai Meteorological Department site and it doesn't look good for November and tickets are booked. Naturally we expect rain in the monsoon season but tropical cyclones is another story altogether....

Hope you can help, any info, or advice is welcome...

Andy

3 Answers Oct 18, 2011 at 3:47 AM
    • foodandwine's Profile Photo

Surat Thani to Ko Tao

by foodandwine Online Now Jun 26, 2011 at 12:58 AM

Hi
      We are flying Bangkok to Surat Thani and then hoping to get a ferry/boat to Ko Tao. We arrive in Surat Thani at 8:10am. Anyone done this route or can help with it?
      Its our first trip to Thailand!!!
      Thanks

2 Answers Jun 26, 2011 at 6:17 PM
    • nadine.harley's Profile Photo

June Weather

by nadine.harley Online Now May 7, 2011 at 4:51 PM

hey everyone, was wondering if anyone knows what the weather has been like in Koh Tao since the floods and if June is an okay month to go there, has it been raining much, and how much rain will be expected for June. Thanks a mill :)

2 Answers May 12, 2011 at 12:49 AM
    • ric.darne's Profile Photo

“Koh Tao: Pure Villas - Chalok Baan Kao Beach

by ric.darne Online Now Mar 12, 2011 at 10:34 PM

“ Pure Villas - Chalok Baan Kao Beach ”

Does anybody have any insight or trip reports of 'Pure Villas" at Chalok Baan Kao Beach. They advertise a 2 bedroom pool villa and a 1 bedroom pool villa, both right on the beach. We are planning to spend 6 nights on Koh Tao during April and would like to get a beachfront pool villa. Although there are quite a few hillside pool villas on various websites there seems to be a shortage of beachfront pool villas.

Unfortunately we can't find any guest reviews for Pure Villas. I seem to believe that they have been rebranded and could have possibly previously been called Koh Tao Beach Villas or Khirana Villas.

The Pure Villas website does not have a phone number or email address and one is only able to send massages through the website, so cannot even track if they have been received or read.

If anybody has stayed there or knows anything about the Villas, I'd greatly appreciate some feedback. By the same token, if there is any info on alternate beachfront pool villas it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks, Ric Darne

PS: We are really looking forward to doing Koh Tao - we get to Thailand every year and apart from the Bangkok and Samui jaunts, also try to have some chill out time on the less developed islands. We've done Koh Phangan twice over the last two years and are itching to go that little bit further on the ferry. All of the Koh Tao feedback sounds so amazing. Hope we can make it gel.

2 Answers May 20, 2012 at 5:16 AM
    • cannessu's Profile Photo

Bouldering @ Ko Tao

by cannessu Online Now Mar 3, 2011 at 8:26 PM

I will be going to Ko Tao in Aug 2011. I will stay in Mae Haad. Can anyone recommend how far is the bouldering areas? Can I walk to those area or need a motorbike?

Thanks a lot.

3 Answers Mar 5, 2011 at 4:26 AM
    • Pepgiggsy's Profile Photo

Accommodation tips in Ko Tao

by Pepgiggsy Online Now Dec 5, 2010 at 2:15 AM

I will be going to Ko Tao in a couple of days and have been researching some accommodation options on the Internet. Every time I find something promising, I then find terrible reviews about the place and am getting quite discouraged! Can you help please? I'm a single woman and looking for something clean, quiet and safe. Preferably in the Mae Haad village within walking distance to Sairee village. I'm ready to pay up to 2,500 Baht/night. Own toilet and hot shower required. Thank you in advance!

2 Answers Dec 6, 2010 at 8:34 AM
    • FHO's Profile Photo

Transportation from BKK to Koh Tao

by FHO Online Now Nov 14, 2010 at 8:33 AM

We arrive 17 November early morning (08:30 AM) to BKK and I would like to go to Koh Tao the same day. Could you advise me please and helkp out finding price/time table for the train BKK- Chumphon in order we reach the ferry from there to Ko Tao?
      Is it possible to buy railway ticket (I ve heard 2-nd class is ok?) from BKK to Chumphon by internet for a foreigner?
      Or is it better to tak e abus from BKK. I just thought it is perhaps easier to sleep on a train?

Any suggestions on a budjet travell from the airport to the railway station?

4 Answers Nov 14, 2010 at 11:54 AM
    • Saar123's Profile Photo

nice bungalow / nice divingschool

by Saar123 Online Now Sep 13, 2010 at 8:02 AM

Can anyone recommend me a nice bungalow on Hat Sai Ree beach? Although not to close to the nightlife...

I also would like to learn how to dive. Can anyone recommend me a good divingschool, not to big, nice people?

Thank you!!

2 Answers Jan 13, 2011 at 7:23 AM
    • Saar123's Profile Photo

Best side of the island

by Saar123 Online Now Aug 23, 2010 at 11:45 AM

Hi,

I'm 33 and and will be travelling solo to thailand in dec/jan 2010/2011.
      As I do not want to be isolated but also want to chill and meet some other travellers my age, which side of the island is the best to stay?

Thanks!

3 Answers Oct 6, 2010 at 1:17 PM
    • tips for long staying accomodation in Koh Tao

by catalinalyana Online Now Apr 28, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Hello :)

My husband( dive master) and I ( planning to do an open water there) are planning to go middle of July to Koh tao for one month. we would like to be in a descent cheap place, clean and with no cockroaches in the matress like we had been reading form some hotels. :P what would you recommend us to stay cheap in a descent place ? can my husband find a job as a dive master while we are there? what would you recommend us?

thank youuuu!!!

C.

• Weather in Koh Tao - end of September

by Josip6882 Online Now Apr 4, 2010 at 3:38 PM

hello,
      I am planning my honneymoon in Koh Tao in end of september and I am really wondering about the weather. yes or rather no??
      thanks

1 Answer Apr 4, 2010 at 7:15 PM
    • slyons81's Profile Photo

Staying in Ko Tao in July

by slyons81 Online Now Jan 28, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Hi all, I wanted a quiet beach to stay for a few nights, preferably one with a relaxed but colorful nightlife. Any comments or concerns about a few nights in Ko Tao?

2 Answers Feb 7, 2010 at 4:39 AM
    • Ko Tao with kid

by kalabalak Online Now Jan 27, 2010 at 11:59 PM

Hi,
      I would want to come on Ko Tao in February with my family. We have a 8 months baby and I wander is it possible to find things like baby food, fresh vegetables and meet, kid doctor and so. We plan to stay about two months and take some diving courses. Is it possible to rent an apartment with kitchen equipped.. What about mosquito and insects thing? Any advices would be appreciated.......!
      Thanks

• Where to stay in january?

by birgittesol Online Now Dec 12, 2009 at 2:22 AM

My husband and I would like to go to Koh Tao in the end om december and stay for a week or so. What part of the island has the nicest beaches and resturants? Do you think we will have trouble finding a place to stay since its all ready December now? Tips on a nice bungalowe-resort?

4 Answers Dec 13, 2009 at 12:11 AM
    • AyurinHiro's Profile Photo

Let's have dinner together in Koh Tao! :-)

by AyurinHiro Online Now Jul 20, 2009 at 8:11 AM

Hello!
      I and my husband will be in Koh Tao from August 8 to 15.
      If you are living or traveling there during that period,
      let's meet up and have Thai food dinner together!
      (Or a cup of coffee is OK,too)
      Looking forward to your reply :-) Thank you.

5 Answers Nov 22, 2009 at 1:57 AM
    • cgf's Profile Photo

Diving / resort in Ko Tao

by cgf Online Now Jul 1, 2009 at 1:09 AM

Hi, I'be to Ko Samui next August, my wife and I are both divers and we think to go to Ko Tao for a week (or more) and having fun diving there, no courses, just fun diving. I noticed resort are not smiling to people going there for not doing courses, is it the same treatment for who wants to dive only?
      Any advice? resort/diving in Ko Tao to contact? Which part of island could better? we actually not interested at night life.

thanks

• bill9786's Profile Photo

hire snorkelling gear?

by bill9786 Online Now Jun 20, 2009 at 4:09 AM

Hi
      I want to know whether I should bring my own gear from home or is it cheap enough to hire. We have 8 days on Koh Tao in mid July, 2009 and I plan to snorkel every day
      thanks

4 Answers Jun 26, 2009 at 1:50 AM
    • Travelling solo to Ko Tao

by aneleh2000 Online Now Apr 18, 2009 at 4:20 AM

Hello, i wanted to know if you recommend Ko Tao as a destination to travelling solo. I will be one month in Thailand nd want to do North to South.In the last 2 weeks my plans are just chill in Paradise. Do you think its a good option to go Ko Tao? I really wanna relax in a nice beach but don´t want to feel too isolated a will be alone.Than you

2 Answers Apr 19, 2009 at 7:29 AM
    • Ko Tao or Ko Phangan?

by evamariapaula Online Now Apr 14, 2009 at 12:33 AM

We will be travelling to Thailand in August this year with our 3 children (9,7,4) and wanted to go to either Ko Tao or Ko Phangan? We would like to do snorkelling and a bit of diving (not much) and were wondering which island would be better. I heard that Ko Tao's beaches are not that great and that is already ver commercial. Any suggestions would be very appreciated. Cheers, Eva

2 Answers Apr 14, 2009 at 10:36 AM
    • Has anyone stayed at the silver sands resort on sairee beach?

by poaman Online Now Mar 19, 2009 at 2:32 AM

Hi i am looking to travel to Koh Tao in July with my ywo kids 9 and 7 for three weeks,have been looking at many options,and the silver sands gets good reviews,so just wondering if anyone has stayed here and could give me some feedback.
      greetings Jason

1 Answer Apr 9, 2009 at 3:03 PM
    • ultimateangling's Profile Photo

Accommodation Costs - can you haggle prices down

by ultimateangling Online Now Nov 4, 2008 at 10:41 AM

A few people I have spoken to tell me Thailand in general is pretty quiet at the moment as less people are travelling due to saving money and the economic crisis. We're out there in December.

Do you think we can haggle the prices down on accommodation or are resorts sticking to their guns and trying to still get top dollar (i.e. the web prices)

With the £/bht rate being so poor everything is that little bit more expensive at the moment.

We're looking for a nice resort with a pool.

• Working

by Em06 Online Now Oct 28, 2008 at 6:40 AM

Am looking to go to Ko Tao at some point next year.....initially my thinking is to stay for two months and have 6 wks working and two weeks chilling out and travelling back to bangkok, does anyone know how easy it is to get general work in Ko Tao, was thinking bar/restaurant work??
      any advice will be helpful as this will help me plan my trip!!!
      thanks to all!!
      Emma

4 Answers Oct 29, 2008 at 1:11 AM
    • Weather in Koh Tao end of December??

by purplecass Online Now Oct 28, 2008 at 3:58 AM

Hi there,

my partner and I are going to be in Thailand for the whole of december. We plan to spend Christmas week on Koh Tao. Neither of us have been to the island before and I'm worried about the N.E monsoon. Can anybody please give me an idea of how much wind, rain and storms to expect? Should we choose another island? I want our Christmas to be special this year.
      Any info would be much appreciated!
      Thanks, Cass

• Hotel booking March

by bluepump Online Now Sep 16, 2008 at 5:25 AM

Is it worth booking a hotel in advance for March or are we better just turning up to find something? Would like to stay in a nice place on the beach and go diving - any recommendations?

• Diving resort for family

by Japanmama Online Now Sep 7, 2008 at 4:49 PM

My family and I want to get our open water dive certification. I have two children ages 11 and 14. I want to make sure we all have a good experience. I don't want to be where there is a lot of partying. I also want a clean place to stay with instructors that are kind and understanding. We will be traveling to Ko Tao Feb.8-12th.2009. Any advice would be so helpful. Thanks

1 Answer Nov 4, 2008 at 10:35 AM