Ko Similan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Elephant trekking on Phuket?

Phuket Yesterday

Hi guys. Is "Phuket Elephant Trails" a good choice to do Elephant trekking on Phuket?

more
    • Phuket to Phang Nga to Railay

Krabi May 20, 2015 at 9:30 PM

Im in Phuket, I need to night stay at Phang Nga, have a photo shoot at James Bond Beach and then move to Railay. I just have 2 days to do that all. Please suggest about the transportation and Hotels.

more
    • chumphon at $am

Chumphon May 8, 2015 at 5:35 AM

Hi we want to take the night train from Bangkok to Chumphon and then the early ferry to Koh Tao. The train arrives in Chumphon at 4am and ferry oly leaves at 7 am. what can one do in the mean time, are there still restaurants/bars open and which are recommendable?

more
    • Ferry & Speed boats

Phuket May 21, 2015 at 1:21 AM

How is the sea in the month of July? Is operation of ferry and speed boats remain normal or completely stopped?

more
    • Krabi monsoon season

Krabi May 4, 2015 at 3:39 AM

I will be travelling to Krabi in the early June. Will it be a good idea? Because I heard the monsoon season period is from may-Dec!

more
    • ulm168's Profile Photo

Phuket to Samui

Phuket May 23, 2015 at 8:42 AM

Got 10 days in South Thailand. Booked a flight to Phuket for 2nd week of June. Any suggestions where
      I should spend my time ? Thought of visiting Samui. Was told Phuket is not nice and Samui is better. May have to spend the night in Phuket before taking a bus then a boat to Samui. Any good advice? Many thanks!

more
    • fenoman's Profile Photo

Thailand Holiday

Krabi May 2, 2015 at 9:00 PM

i am a european single man who 50 years old "solo" Traveller to Thailand ; i like Thailand
      but i am non interested with any Asian ladies at all ; i would like to have nice holiday in thailand under palm trees and
      i wish to meet some middle age "Western ladies" in thailand for friendship;relationship;entertainment etc. ( they might German; swiss;austrian nation )
      where better to stay for me in thailand do you think ?
      phuket?
      samui ?
      krabi ?
      koh lanta?
      where most German speaking ladies visiting in Thailand?

more
    • ferlyferl's Profile Photo

Any airport shuttles service in hatyai?

Hat Yai Apr 30, 2015 at 8:48 PM

HI,i'm travelling to hatyai on 4th dec -7th dec 2015. I wanted to know if anyone here can recommend me a reliable airport shuttles service in hatyai?i need a car which can carry 2 luggages and 2 human :P .i was thinking taking a tuk tuk but it's looks not so convenience with 2 big luggages. The hotel distance from the airport is 11.3km. If anyone hv a suggestion about airport shuttles service in hatyai please do leave a comment with contact details (i'd appreciate if i can contact them via email). Thank you very very much 3

more
    • travelinchen's Profile Photo

Similan Islands - what to do and how to get there?

by travelinchen Online Now Jan 22, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Hey,

I think I'd really would like to go to the Similan islands from what I see on the pictures (I assume it's quiet and relaxed and not too many tourists in the beginning of March). But all I read about on the web is how great it is for diving.
      Now, since my partner doesn't dive, we probably both will do only snorkeling. So I was wondering whether snorkeling is actually worth on the Similan Islands or whether this is a rather expensive trip for only snorkeling.

Also, to keep things as cheap as possible, we would want to stay in the terrace house on one of the islands for three days or so.

But I couldn't exactly find out how we would get there (we'd be in Chiang Mi just before, so we would be ready to fly to Phuket)? Can anyone tell us the cheapest (while being perfectly safe) way to get there? And the easiest? ;-) Though we obviously don't want to do the liveaboard thing.

Also, can anyone tell me difference between a zone 3 and zone 2 room?

Thanks so much!

2 Answers Jan 23, 2011 at 6:47 AM
    • Scuba Diving Course

by busybee02 Online Now Dec 20, 2008 at 7:06 AM

Hi there,
      Im arriving to phuket on 31st dec this year and was wondering if you knew of any possibility at all to get on to a liveaboard and learn how to scuba dive? I know its a long shot but there you go have to ask if you dont ask you wont receive and all that - i hear its impossible but if you knew of anywhere OR could I stay on the similan islands and do the open water course for 3.5 days??
      Thanks again
      Valerie from Ireland

1 Answer Dec 22, 2008 at 5:53 PM
    • frenkthetank's Profile Photo

Transportation from Koh Tao!

by frenkthetank Online Now Mar 7, 2008 at 4:09 AM

Hi,

what is the best,fastest way to travel from Koh Tao to Koh Similan? The ferry from Koh Tao to Surrathani or Chumpon? And to which destination, city/pier should I go for? How long does it take? Thank you

Frank

• Bungalow at island #4 similan

by minikns Online Now Dec 14, 2007 at 10:43 AM

Can anyone tell me which bungalow number has the best beach view on the island number 4? Your recommendation is highly appreciated.

• danger and similan

by minikns Online Now Dec 11, 2007 at 12:09 PM

I've a severe snake-phobia and heard that there are poison snakes like cobra on the similan island...is that true? have any one saw any snakes on one of the 9 islands before?

SNK

4 Answers Dec 13, 2007 at 10:40 PM
    • Bungalows on Ko Miang

by eoa106 Online Now Nov 23, 2006 at 5:24 PM

Hi there,

I am going to stay a few days on Ko Miang in one of the bungalows there. They seem to be numbered from 1 to 20, all with the same price but varying view. When I book I have to specify the particular number of the bungalow I want to book, but I have no idea which one has the best views.

I've read elsewhere that there's one or two bungalows with great views, but no number was given. Will anyone on here be able to help me with this? What number bungalow has the best views?

Thanks!

2 Answers Dec 13, 2007 at 11:02 PM
    • enorth1234's Profile Photo

#8 & #4

by enorth1234 Online Now Aug 19, 2006 at 8:34 PM

Has anybody stayed in the Bungalows on #8??? Any liveaboard suggestions for snorklers??? I did posideon a few years ago and they were ok but you don't spend much time at the individual islands.

Thanks

1 Answer Sep 30, 2006 at 2:16 AM
    • petefrys's Profile Photo

Snorkeling trip to Similan Islands

by petefrys Online Now Dec 3, 2003 at 11:52 PM

Can anyone recommend an agency based on Phuket that does 2-3 day snorkeling trips to the Similan Islands at a reasonable price?

1 Answer Dec 4, 2003 at 10:58 PM
    • Similian& Surin islands

by georgevdk Online Now Oct 21, 2003 at 6:39 AM

Has anyone have any recent information about the Similian and Surin islandsin the Andaman sea. How to get there(no package tour) from Ranong, accomodation and activities(snorkeling). George

2 Answers Sep 23, 2012 at 6:50 AM