Ko Similan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bioluminescence

Phangnga Yesterday

Is there any place here where I could enjoy bioluminescence planktons or any glowing beach. Please tell if you have experienced it before. If not in Phang Nga may be near by. Please don't recommend John Gray's, they do not aloow kids.

more
    • Single woman looking to rent for 1-2 months

Ko Samui Mar 23, 2015 at 3:02 PM

I want to go to Thailand for 1-2 months and I'm looking for a small-medium sized town that is pretty, but not too touristy, or too hot. Also, what would be the cost of a fairly nice rental for 1-2 people? I may be traveling alone as a woman and wondering about safety too.

more
    • Glowing Plankton

Phuket Mar 18, 2015 at 12:45 AM

Is there any beach near Patong where we can see glowing Planktons and can do sunset snorkelling?

more
    • Glowing beach

Krabi Mar 23, 2015 at 8:06 AM

Planning to go Krabi, but afraid that whether I can see Planktons on beach. Please suggest the best place to enjoy glowing beach in or near Krabi.

more
    • travelinchen's Profile Photo

Similan Islands - what to do and how to get there?

by travelinchen Online Now Jan 22, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Hey,

I think I'd really would like to go to the Similan islands from what I see on the pictures (I assume it's quiet and relaxed and not too many tourists in the beginning of March). But all I read about on the web is how great it is for diving.
      Now, since my partner doesn't dive, we probably both will do only snorkeling. So I was wondering whether snorkeling is actually worth on the Similan Islands or whether this is a rather expensive trip for only snorkeling.

Also, to keep things as cheap as possible, we would want to stay in the terrace house on one of the islands for three days or so.

But I couldn't exactly find out how we would get there (we'd be in Chiang Mi just before, so we would be ready to fly to Phuket)? Can anyone tell us the cheapest (while being perfectly safe) way to get there? And the easiest? ;-) Though we obviously don't want to do the liveaboard thing.

Also, can anyone tell me difference between a zone 3 and zone 2 room?

Thanks so much!

2 Answers Jan 23, 2011 at 6:47 AM
    • Scuba Diving Course

by busybee02 Online Now Dec 20, 2008 at 7:06 AM

Hi there,
      Im arriving to phuket on 31st dec this year and was wondering if you knew of any possibility at all to get on to a liveaboard and learn how to scuba dive? I know its a long shot but there you go have to ask if you dont ask you wont receive and all that - i hear its impossible but if you knew of anywhere OR could I stay on the similan islands and do the open water course for 3.5 days??
      Thanks again
      Valerie from Ireland

1 Answer Dec 22, 2008 at 5:53 PM
    • frenkthetank's Profile Photo

Transportation from Koh Tao!

by frenkthetank Online Now Mar 7, 2008 at 4:09 AM

Hi,

what is the best,fastest way to travel from Koh Tao to Koh Similan? The ferry from Koh Tao to Surrathani or Chumpon? And to which destination, city/pier should I go for? How long does it take? Thank you

Frank

• Bungalow at island #4 similan

by minikns Online Now Dec 14, 2007 at 10:43 AM

Can anyone tell me which bungalow number has the best beach view on the island number 4? Your recommendation is highly appreciated.

• danger and similan

by minikns Online Now Dec 11, 2007 at 12:09 PM

I've a severe snake-phobia and heard that there are poison snakes like cobra on the similan island...is that true? have any one saw any snakes on one of the 9 islands before?

SNK

4 Answers Dec 13, 2007 at 10:40 PM
    • Bungalows on Ko Miang

by eoa106 Online Now Nov 23, 2006 at 5:24 PM

Hi there,

I am going to stay a few days on Ko Miang in one of the bungalows there. They seem to be numbered from 1 to 20, all with the same price but varying view. When I book I have to specify the particular number of the bungalow I want to book, but I have no idea which one has the best views.

I've read elsewhere that there's one or two bungalows with great views, but no number was given. Will anyone on here be able to help me with this? What number bungalow has the best views?

Thanks!

2 Answers Dec 13, 2007 at 11:02 PM
    • enorth1234's Profile Photo

#8 & #4

by enorth1234 Online Now Aug 19, 2006 at 8:34 PM

Has anybody stayed in the Bungalows on #8??? Any liveaboard suggestions for snorklers??? I did posideon a few years ago and they were ok but you don't spend much time at the individual islands.

Thanks

1 Answer Sep 30, 2006 at 2:16 AM
    • petefrys's Profile Photo

Snorkeling trip to Similan Islands

by petefrys Online Now Dec 3, 2003 at 11:52 PM

Can anyone recommend an agency based on Phuket that does 2-3 day snorkeling trips to the Similan Islands at a reasonable price?

1 Answer Dec 4, 2003 at 10:58 PM
    • Similian& Surin islands

by georgevdk Online Now Oct 21, 2003 at 6:39 AM

Has anyone have any recent information about the Similian and Surin islandsin the Andaman sea. How to get there(no package tour) from Ranong, accomodation and activities(snorkeling). George

2 Answers Sep 23, 2012 at 6:50 AM