Travel Answers
Ko Samui

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How do you buy tickets for a Kick Boxing event?

by LeslieDego Online Now Yesterday

Can someone recommend an online link to buy tickets in advance? We are visiting for only 5 days this summer July 15 - 20th and we wanted to see this.

3 Answers Yesterday
    • Accommodation

by PeterWeymouth Online Now Mar 24, 2014 at 3:35 PM

I am looking for accommodation for 13 to stay for 10/11 days can anyone help with some places

2 Answers Mar 29, 2014 at 6:48 PM
    • TimC55's Profile Photo

Chewang beach bungalows.

by TimC55 Online Now Mar 3, 2014 at 8:36 AM

Hi Could anyone recommend a reasonably priced beach bungalow on Chewang beach Koh Samui please?

We have stayed on other Thai islands before and rented nice beach front bungalows, steps from the sand for under £30.00 a night, on Chewang beach they seem to be all around £100.00 a night which is way more than we can afford. We are going to be there for 3 weeks in September. Any help or recommendations will be greatly appreciated :)

9 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 5:00 PM
    • KayD50's Profile Photo

beauty treatments

by KayD50 Online Now Feb 1, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Hi there just wondering if anyone can recommend a good place to have a few beauty treatments in chaweng beach and perhaps some pricing thanks

2 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 6:53 AM
    • My son is moving to Koh Samui for work.

by Frankiec7890 Online Now Jan 29, 2014 at 4:45 AM

Is it safe there? Are break ins and assaults common? What advice do you have to stay safe? Is everything still bartered for? Is there any unrest there presently? What part of the Northern part of the island is best for an American to live in? Is there an expat community there. Thank you so much for your advice and help!

5 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 3:44 AM
    • blockbuster's Profile Photo

spirit prices

by blockbuster Online Now Jan 25, 2014 at 10:16 AM

is it best to get our spirits duty free or buy locally?

6 Answers Jan 27, 2014 at 3:08 PM
    • Honeymoon recommendations

by dicgl Online Now Jan 19, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Hello

My husband to be and I will be travelling to Koh Samui for 12 nights in June 2014. We are not sure where to stay (location or hotel wise). Does anyone have any recommendations, of somewhere beautiful, on the beach, near the action (things to do etc), yet still not too close. I am not sure if this tick list is possible. Happy to be proved wrong...

5 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 6:58 PM
    • spending money

by mike368 Online Now Jan 4, 2014 at 7:00 AM

I am going to koh samui with my girlfriend for 12 nights, we don't drink alchohol, maybe the odd beer. We want to eat thai food in the cheaper places and do a couple of trips. we have paid for our flights and villa. How much spending money do you think we will need. thanks

3 Answers Jan 4, 2014 at 9:59 AM
    • WileyDiamond's Profile Photo

New Year's Eve

by WileyDiamond Online Now Dec 13, 2013 at 2:14 AM

On New Year's Eve would you go to the island ko samuior the Phuket area? We are traveling from the USA.

1 Answer Dec 15, 2013 at 1:13 PM
    • customs at airport

by chris00416 Online Now Dec 8, 2013 at 2:55 PM

iam going to bring some of my Vitamins and Medication with me. Does customs look inside your bags? Do i need doctors note of what the pills are?

4 Answers Dec 8, 2013 at 8:07 PM
    • visit to thailand in Dec2013

by namburi Online Now Dec 5, 2013 at 4:22 AM

I cannot cancel my trip to Thailand, bangkok during dec 2013 .pse tell me how to overcome demonstrations and its effect Thankyou in anticipation

1 Answer Dec 5, 2013 at 7:31 AM
    • Booking flights from Bangkok to Koh Samui

by maureenporter Online Now Nov 27, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I will be travelling to Bangkok on 25th December and I would like to book an internal flight to Koh Samui from Bangkok. Do you know of any travel agents in Bangkok or Koh Samui where I can book my internal flights. I am based in the London and the internal flight to Koh Samui is very expensive. Please advise.

5 Answers Nov 28, 2013 at 6:31 AM
    • how do i get the cheapest en safest way to kho phan nan ?

by susanneaanzee Online Now Nov 7, 2013 at 2:50 AM

how do i get the cheapest en safest way to kho phan nan ?(with my heavy suitecase?)

i am staying at Green Canyon Hip & Cheap Resort

127/7 Moo 3 Tambon Maret Koh Samui.

2 Answers Nov 7, 2013 at 3:43 AM
    • Myndo's Profile Photo

Short visits: what to see and do?

by Myndo Online Now Oct 23, 2013 at 8:10 AM

Since we have a car, I was thinking about making a trip from Khao Lak (where we are located) up to Koh Samui - stay there for one night and return the next day.
      Time will be early march 2014
      So my questions:
      What do you recommend to see there during that short time?
      What can be left out?
      Any recommendations for hotels (or area to stay in)
      Best restaurant you were there and would return anytime?

4 Answers Nov 17, 2013 at 1:35 PM
    • lovinoz's Profile Photo

Airport ATM

by lovinoz Online Now Oct 7, 2013 at 5:54 AM

Does the Koh Samui airport have an ATM for cash withdrawals? If so, do you know if it accepts the usual cards with the Plus or Cirrus symbol on the back?  Also, what is the limit on each withdrawal?

2 Answers Oct 7, 2013 at 10:39 AM
    • lovinoz's Profile Photo

Baby goes to Ko Samui

by lovinoz Online Now Sep 28, 2013 at 5:53 PM

We are going to Koh Samui with our 7 month old daughter in November and will be staying at the Kandaburi Resort in Chaweng. Hoping you could help answer a few questions:

1 - Is there a place within walking distance to buy Huggies nappies / diapers and if so, is it a reasonable price or should we plan to bring them with us?

2 - Any tips or advice for visiting with an infant?

3 - Have you used a nanny/babysitter in Chaweng, how much did it cost and would you recommend them? (I am thinking my daughter is too young to be left alone with a stranger in another country, but might consider hiring a nanny to travel with us on a day tour with snorkeling, so nanny can hold baby on the boat while we snorkel.)

4 - Can you recommend an affordable place to get a massage? i.e. not one of the resort spas

5 - If we bring our laptop and the hotel charges a lot for WiFi, is there another affordable option to get WiFi on the laptop (buy a dongle with prepaid internet etc)?

1 Answer Nov 13, 2013 at 7:24 PM
    • Join tickets from Koh Samui to Aonang

by DennyDenny Online Now Sep 20, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Any one Knows where i can buy Join Ticket From koh samui to Aonang?... Or transfer by minivan maybe?... I have problem to find tranfer from chaweng beach koh samui to aonang beach krabi.

2 Answers Sep 22, 2013 at 10:24 PM
    • acomodation

by joshv Online Now Sep 6, 2013 at 9:39 AM

is it better to find acomodation while i visit koh samui as i go along..?or better prebook were im goin?

3 Answers Sep 21, 2013 at 9:06 AM
    • Samui accommodation for a group of 5 families

by GNTCraving Online Now Aug 16, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Hi,

We are a party of 18:
      3 Families with 2 adults and 2 children (aged 4-9)
      2 Families with 2 adults and 1 child (aged 2-3)

We will be on Koh Samui in April 2014 and are looking for either a large villa or 5 bungalows or similar that are very close together so that in the evening the adults can sit out together within close proximity and sight of all the rooms where the children are sleeping. We're wanting to keep the cost down to less than £50 THB2500 per family per night.

Can anyone recommend anything which would be suitable?

Many thanks.

1 Answer Nov 13, 2013 at 7:36 PM
    • transfer to hotel

by everhappy Online Now Jul 9, 2013 at 7:06 AM

how much does it cost by taxi from airport to lamai beach? Can i trust the taximeter or better to discuss the price before? or ask the hotel for pickup service?

1 Answer Jul 9, 2013 at 12:23 PM
    • AndyD41's Profile Photo

jeep hire

by AndyD41 Online Now Jun 23, 2013 at 9:47 AM

if anyone can suggest a good jeep hire in samui as i going for 5 weeks at christmas thanks..

• Which is the best place to stay in Koh Samui in June - July

by macarenaplus Online Now Jun 5, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I along with my wife and 1yr baby are planning a trip to Koh Samui in this summer.
      Last year I stayed at Bo Phut for honeymoon. It was an excellent place for honeymoon, but fewer dining places.

This time I want to stay at even better place, where I can get more dining options at walking distance, and a seven eleven, must be a beach, where I can walk with my wife n kid, and relax, which must not be crowded.

Any suggestions???

5 Answers Jun 21, 2013 at 10:02 PM
    • Fadhullah's Profile Photo

place to stay for honeymooner

by Fadhullah Online Now May 23, 2013 at 10:04 PM

We are planning to go to koh samui as part of our honeymoon trip, end of june 2013. You guys have any suggestion on the best place to stay? Within the range of 1000bht to 3000bht per night. I don't really mind about the areas, because we can go around Koh Samui by motorbike or car right? As long as there is a place to eat, to do water activities.

Do you know halal restaurant or roadside stall?

Thank you

6 Answers Jun 15, 2013 at 5:26 PM
    • where to stay

by nellypen Online Now Apr 9, 2013 at 9:41 AM

myself and a friend (both early 30's) are going to Koh Samui mid June for probably 5 nights, not sure where to stay for a mixture of sunbathing/swimming and fairly lively at night although not major party animals! Ideally beach side and not overly expensive although happy to spend a bit. Any ideas really appreciated.

7 Answers Apr 24, 2013 at 1:22 AM
    • is two weeks too long in Koh samui

by Dav53 Online Now Apr 8, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Hi,

We are going to Koh Samui in end of April for 2 weeks and wondering if we should stay in Koh Samui for the whole two weeks or move to Koh pa gnan or Koh Tao for half of the holdiays. We do enjoy beach holidays but can't spend all day lying on the beach (we have a 3 years old boy who wil probably not be ok with that option)

Wondering how "difficult" or time wasting it is to go to Koh tao.

Cheers,
      David

7 Answers Jun 15, 2013 at 5:28 PM
    • hotel resort recommends

by dennisinla Online Now Apr 1, 2013 at 5:09 PM

I'm still fishing for a good resort. I've made a reservation at Renaissance Koh Samui. I like it...but then started reading more reviews and now...wondering. I want beach, laid back, high end resort (but not overly expensive like the W). Recommends? Also what are some activities you would recommend? Best nightlife? Can I rent a Vespa like scooter? Looking forward to your answers.

7 Answers Apr 24, 2013 at 2:43 AM
    • RobertW33's Profile Photo

Wine and Champagne. Availability.

by RobertW33 Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 6:22 AM

Hello everyone.
      Attending a wedding in April on Kou Samui. How will I go purchasing wine etc, and what are pricing and quality of the products.
      Thanks.

BobW

6 Answers Mar 30, 2013 at 6:40 AM
    • Resorts

by charlie1784 Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Spending 7 or so nights in Koh Samui from around 15 July 2013. Looking for a resort that is not where the nightclubs are but not too far away from nightlife and shopping. Walking distance, say max 15 minutes would be ideal. Looking at around $150 AUD per night. Don't fancy something that caters well to children. Would like something with some atmosphere but not party central. We are in our early 40's with no children. Enjoy good food and drinks. Would want to be on the beach in a room with a beach view.

6 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 5:20 AM
    • Going to Koh Samui mid febuary. Should we pre-book our accomodation/

by megamindbeastfeature Online Now Feb 1, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Hi. Myself and my gf are going to koh samui next week. We are going to be there for a few days and then heading to other Islands. Would you recommend pre-booking accommodation before we go? Thanks.

3 Answers Feb 4, 2013 at 12:38 AM
    • TDav's Profile Photo

2 weeks in Ko Samui around September 2013

by TDav Online Now Dec 13, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Hi

My wife and I are thinking of travelling to Ko Samui in September 2013 for 2 weeks. Does anyone have any suggestions on accomodation, somewhere around mid range in prices. We'd probably prefer right on the ocean if that's possible and preferably not too noisy and not a big hotel.

It would be good if there were restuarants within walking distance. What's the weather like in September? Is there a bit of shopping available (for my wife)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. We have not travelled to Thailand before, we've been to Bali a few times.

Terry

1 Answer Dec 13, 2012 at 11:22 PM