Ko Samui Travel Answers

change location

Going to Koh Samui mid febuary. Should we pre-book our accomodation/

by megamindbeastfeature Online Now Feb 1, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Hi. Myself and my gf are going to koh samui next week. We are going to be there for a few days and then heading to other Islands. Would you recommend pre-booking accommodation before we go? Thanks.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • brotherleelove's Profile Photo

Re: Going to Koh Samui mid febuary. Should we pre-book our accomodation/

by brotherleelove Online Now Feb 1, 2013 at 7:44 AM

If you don't pre-book how will you find a hotel? Will both of you rent 2 scooters when you first arrive, carry your luggage on them and drive around looking for a place to stay? Pre-booking takes care of that problem.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pfsmalo's Profile Photo

Re: Going to Koh Samui mid febuary. Should we pre-book our accomodation/

by pfsmalo Online Now Feb 2, 2013 at 2:49 AM

I was on Samui in 2011 in February and March and had a house pre-booked (due to size of family). Although crowded there are loads of hotels and guest-houses, so I don't think you'll have any problem for finding something. The problem is working out a budget for the stay. If you budget for a guesthouse at 400 bath per night but can only find a hotel at 2000, your budget won't be the same. As above you'll have to think about transport to somewhere like Chaweng, Lamai or Bophut to be able to search for a place, there is nothing at the airport.

• Re: Going to Koh Samui mid febuary. Should we pre-book our accomodation/

by wentbytrain Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Now I am in BKK. Next week is THE main holidayweek for the Chinese-they have Nwyr. Already from last weekend this town is overflowing-never seen it that busy with mainland Chinese and all that. Then the Singyes and Malays still have to come. I usually just take it as it comes-and the above is unwise, as in fact about half of the CHEAP(maybe bad) acomm is NOT bookable by web at all, but I would not risk it. Expect high prices too. try agoda-as always.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines