Ko Samui Travel Answers

change location

Koh Samui/Koh Phangan

by Rod76 Online Now Feb 7, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Hi there,

I'm going to Thailand for first time in late March, and I'm planning to spend a few days in Koh Samui/Koh Phangan and have a few questions about where to stay/what to do. Basically purpose of the time is to let my hair down, get some rays, eat some nice food, have some drinks and if there's anything well worth seeing/doing I'll do it.

Not sure how best to apportion time, my current plan is to spend a day or so on Koh Samui, then go over to Phangan as it seems to have more of a party atmosphere. Also, I'm travelling alone, and from what I can tell KP is better suited to solo travellers (who are up for a bit of a party). Would be leaving KP a good few days before the Full Moon Party, which doesn't bother me as it doesn't look like a good night for solo p*ssheads anyway.

SO, can anyone tell me if this is a sensible plan? What's worth seeing/doing, and how much accommodation should I book in advance? Finally, not done the solo thing before - how easy is it to meet people? Can anyone recommend anywhere that's good for meeting people(somewhere that's not just full of Brits)?

Many thanks,
Rod

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines