Ko Samui Travel Answers

change location
RobertW33's Profile Photo

Wine and Champagne. Availability.

by RobertW33 Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 6:22 AM

Hello everyone.
Attending a wedding in April on Kou Samui. How will I go purchasing wine etc, and what are pricing and quality of the products.
Thanks.

BobW

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: Wine and Champagne. Availability.

by xymmot Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 6:31 AM

As you know everything is imported so it is expensive. Most bottles, even the cheaper ones are over 1000 bahts. I spend New year Eve in Thailand a lot and I nix the champagne cost it cost so much, You can go to Big C or the Lotus Testco for large quantity, but you can also find the distributor in the area if you can buy wholesale.

cheers tommy x

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • akkipaa's Profile Photo

by akkipaa Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 6:43 AM

Yeah, Tesco and other. You can find a Wine Connection shop, they have online shop also (and s shop in Samui) and if you like to know is the pricing the same there's "contact us" tab, you can ask (I haven't been there lately, I am not exaclty sure). You can ask the offering and pricing, but as said, importing and taxation makes wine expensive there.

wineconnection.co.th/contact...

• RobertW33's Profile Photo

by RobertW33 Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 7:18 AM

Thank you for this great info.
    I,m very pleased.

• mim95's Profile Photo

by mim95 Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Each adult is allowed to bring 1L of alcohol into Thailand. You may want to take advantage of that. Otherwise, pay more at supermarket to get it.

• rosequartzlover1's Profile Photo

by rosequartzlover1 Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Hi! Do you have any time walking in bangkok before going to Samui?If you have time ,try to see it from "foodland supermarket" cuz this supermarket switch on air condition 24 hours so that will make their food and drink in proper temperature 24 hours.According to this their price will be a bit higher than product in big-c and lotus supermarket.Room temperature in Thailand is always higher than the proper temp.for wine,so try to check from there.I found that they have quite variety of wine from many countries.The price is after tax can be 3-10 times higher than the real price.Even table wine, vin de pays that you may be able to buy only 1-2 euro in europe but here they sometime sell it about 300-400 baht.Wine price in Thailand are also depend on the knowledge about wine of people here too.Like some nice french wine but the name just not famous for thai people ,they may sell it like 400-700 B.(mostly 1000 up),but some bad year french wine which many people try to avoid but here they sell it very expensive just only because they familiar with it's NAME.So if you have time,don't ask others to buy it for you,try to check by yourself and you'll find good wine and in good price,still.If you are in downtown Bkk,there's foodland at Patpong 2,Sukhumwit soi 5,16 and 55(tonglor) and in Laksi IT square(near old airport donmuang)
    Wine connection have the most interesting wine list in the shops and they really have good knowledge about wine.You can choose wine from almost all over the world.There r so varieties of wine and also price range, start from 300-3000 baht.Most of them are in average price that I can say "cheap" and affordable from 300-700 B.There r so many location in downtown Bkk..Sukhumvit soi 26, 47,55,63.,Sivadol building on Convent road,Empire tower building on South Sathon street.We can order their wine through website as well.And especially they don't only sell wine but they are very good restaurant too.Check from www.wineconnection.co.th
    Umm...yummy yummy

• expatbangkok's Profile Photo

by expatbangkok Online Now Mar 30, 2013 at 6:40 AM

Google Penfolds Bin 2, Thailand pages and you will find a few locals selling Bin 2 for cheaper than you can get it in Australia. The guy I use is reliable and I have bought over 100 cases from him.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines