Ko Samet Travel Answers

change location

Help retrieve photos from a lost camera (Koh Samet, Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZX1)

by levkantor Online Now Sep 19, 2012 at 7:04 AM

Well, here's my sad story. Just yesterday me and my girlfriend, we came back from a vacation in Thailand – our first vacation together, and it was incredibly awesome, feels like a honeymoon, awesome journey. But here’s a thing – unfortunately, we lost our camera, just forgot it on a table in Seahorse Restaurant at Wong Duean beach on Koh Samet island. It happens at approx. 6-7 PM on Thursday, 13th September. It was full of amazing photos and short videos. Which are very valuable for us. It was a day before we left, and local police wasn't really helpful, and we tried our best, asked every reception on the beach, asked staff at the restaurant – but wasn't able to find it.

My good guess is – in case the camera was stolen, probably thieves would try to sell it, instead of keeping it. I know, that chances are very slim, but I will try:

So, if anyone found or buy used Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZX1 camera, black, with a serial number FD96A002862, and with a 16GB memory card in it – anywhere around on Koh Samet island, or in Rayong, or Pattaya, or online, or anywhere else in Thailand – please, please, please, contact me! At this e-mail: kantor@gmx.com. IMPORTANT NOTICE: even if the camera had no pictures in it, it’s actually pretty easy to restore them from a formatted memory card on a computer – there’s a lot of free and easy-to-use utilites to do that. So even if it’s empty (most likely it is), please, contact me anyway, before taking a lot of pictures with it! Obviously, I won’t be asking for a camera back, and no questions asked – all I want is to try and retrieve my photos.

I will send you a link for a program and detailed instructions on how to restore deleted photos. I will explain to you and provide you online storage to upload those pictures, and I will pay any internet bills, and we would be eternally thankful for saving and returning us photos from this vacation. If you can’t upload them, maybe you can just send them via mail on a flash/CD-R, I will pay for all postage rates, etc.

If you can help to spread the word around you, or suggest any other good forums/communities where to post this note, I would be very thankful too! I know chances are very slim, but I still want to try to do everything possible.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Balam's Profile Photo

Re: Help retrieve photos from a lost camera (Koh Samet, Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZX1)

by Balam Online Now Sep 20, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Thats such a shame, I have forwarded your post to a friend that runs a travel website etc in Thailand, Fingers crossed

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines