Ko Samet Travel Answers

change location

speed boat

by 1vs Online Now Sep 24, 2010 at 12:10 PM

I'gonna come to Bangkok at 7 PM and take a taxi .How much time does it take to get Ban Phee pier? Can I find a speedboat after 10-11 PM to get Sae kaew beach? And how much is it ?Thanks.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • explore_discover's Profile Photo

Re: speed boat

by explore_discover Online Now Sep 25, 2010 at 12:32 AM

Taxi to ban Phe from bangkok may cost you around 2000 Bhat plus 100 for the Expressway toll, but I think last speed boat from ban Phe is at 6.00 PM

It will be better if you stay in Bangkok over night and take the early morning Bus from Ekamai 3.5 hour/170 Bhat to Ban Phe and then take the ferry 50 Bhat to 100 Bhat one way depending on the size of the boat and take 30 to 45 minutes, service usually start from 8.00 am till 5 or 6 pm every hour and they go when they are full (7 to 20 PAX) or take the Speed Boat which may cost 600 to 1000 Bhat

Some resorts provide free ferry to guest, check with the place you plan to stay.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: speed boat

by Chaithat Online Now Sep 25, 2010 at 2:21 AM

Hi dear....they have a taxi to bring you to Ban Phee....cost about 1,500 Bathsand taking 2.5 Hour.( this is up to use or not used metor in Taxi)I am not sure you will have a speedboat or not., I think you will stay at BKK on the night and morning you will go to bus station (EAST BUS Station )to go to Ban Phee and cost very low.. bus cost not over 7USD and speedboat is not over 5 USD
    well....good luck

• gaolei's Profile Photo

by gaolei Online Now Sep 25, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Get a head start on your trip to Samet, go to Pattaya for the night. You will be more than half way to Ban Phee. You are moving 30 to 45 minutes backwards by staying in Bangkok. For 1100 Baht, Pattaya taxi will take you to your hotel in Pattaya in 1:15 hours and pay the tolls. http://www.pattaya-taxi.com/
    See my Pattaya link for information on this and hotels: "Pattaya? The best little city built by US Taxpayer" - Pattaya by gaolei

• YaaDong's Profile Photo

by YaaDong Online Now Sep 27, 2010 at 10:02 PM

A speedboat after 10-11 PM .Are you sure you want to do that?
    I aways hear about speed boat accidents in Thailand

I would just spend the night in Bangkok and head to Samet in the morning.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines