Ko Phi Phi Don

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Beautyland Patong

Phuket Apr 9, 2014 at 7:40 AM

Has anyone been to Beautyland Patong recently? I have been searching for it but no one seems to know where it is other than going into Phuket Town.

more
    • ankurvohra13's Profile Photo

Phuket in April

Phuket Mar 30, 2014 at 3:56 AM

I would be in phuket for 5 days from 18th april would anybody would be there in phuket just send me a message.

more
    • lalula82's Profile Photo

phuket in april

Phuket Mar 27, 2014 at 3:38 AM

Any one heading to phuket on April 19th? Catch up for walks, shopping

more
    • Where to watch football!?

Ko Phangan Apr 8, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Hi I'm staying in Mae haad for 4 days, just need to know if anyone knows of any bars nearby that show English football?

more
    • Safe swimming in October

Phuket Mar 25, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Which beaches are safe to swim in during the last week of October?
      Can anyone recommend a good snorkelling site at this time of the year?
      Thanking you in anticipation.

more
    • Accommodation

Ko Samui Mar 24, 2014 at 3:35 PM

I am looking for accommodation for 13 to stay for 10/11 days can anyone help with some places

more
    • h4pp1's Profile Photo

secret cliff resort vs villa

Phuket Mar 20, 2014 at 3:59 AM

Helloooo guys,
      Is secret cliff resort n secret cliff villa at different location or just across d'road ?
      Which one is d'best in term of bugdet n location?
      Thx

more
    • RamkrishnaPaul's Profile Photo

good safe secure hotels in Phi phi Island...

Phuket Mar 17, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Please recommend any good safe secure hotels in Phi phi Island who got recent experience .

more
    • Travelling with young kids

Phuket Apr 14, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Hello all. This trip we are taking our two young children (5 & 6yo). What activities, day trips, sights would you recommend? Any other tips appreciated.
      Thanks!

more
    • sdq's Profile Photo

Where to find halal Muslim food in Phuket ?

Phuket Apr 4, 2014 at 3:14 PM

Where to find halal Muslim food in Phuket near Outrigger Laguna Phuket Resort and Villas Laguna Village Residence 3, House No. 116/13, Moo 6, T.Cherngtalay A.Talang, Bang Thao / Laguna, Area or do I have to bring frozen or canned food with me.

more
    • Minivan Hat Yai - Phuket

Hat Yai Mar 21, 2014 at 8:08 AM

Hi, We are in a group of 9ppl planning to go to Phuket via KTM and stop at Hatyai. I want to know do I need to book in advance the minivan for Hatyai-Phuket? Book it from travel agent?

more
    • EvelynC6's Profile Photo

transport from hatyai airport to hotel

Hat Yai Mar 20, 2014 at 7:08 PM

is there any transport from hatyai airport to golden crown hotel at songkla, hatyai downtown??

more

1st time in Phuket at end of June for 9 nights.

Phuket Mar 16, 2014 at 7:57 PM

We are traveling to Phuket in late June. We are curious to know of some good things to do and where to do them. We need ur help to give us a suggestion what we must do in Phuket and phi phi Island during this time of year.

Me and my wife, we both love water sports, beach, forest, mountains, adventure, and shopping.

We thought, first 2 nights at kata or patong beach, then 5 nights( may split in 2 or 3 hotels) in phi phi island ( in different hotels or resort to see all over the island and get different places exp) and last 2 night at patong for shopping, and other things(not sure).

On the way back we also stopping 3 nights at Singapore.

Thanks in advance for kind of your suggestion and tips.

more
    • Phuket safety

Phuket Apr 6, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Hello all:
      I wanted to ask if Phuket was safe for solo travelers. I hear lots of stories about people spiking drinks and robbing tourists. Should I stay away from the bars? Even though I am male and can defend myself, I wanted t know what precautions I should take.

more
    • phuket july

Phuket Mar 29, 2014 at 7:30 AM

How's the weather the first 2 weeks in july?

And is it as dangerous as the media makes it out to be?
      Thanks!

more
    • h4pp1's Profile Photo

phi phi vs james bond island

Phuket Mar 21, 2014 at 6:18 AM

Guys,
      If we just have 3 days n 2 nite, should we take phi phi or james bond island or even both ?
      Thx

more

5 nights at Phi phi Island

Phuket Mar 17, 2014 at 5:56 PM

we are going there end of june. Just wondering guys is that 5 nights is too much at phi phi island. What are the things we can do ? Please give us some tips and ideas.

Thanks.

more
    • Phuket May 2014 - Accommodation & Living Tips for an Irish Man

Phuket Apr 5, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Hello all, Thanks for taking the time to read this. I am thinking about staying in Thailand for a month maybe 6 weeks from 1.5 to 15.6 I am wondering where to stay that's clean and cheap. Its just for me (1 male) so i just want cheap and cheerful. I was in Phuket before but it was 10 years ago. I also would appreciate tips on should i rent a moped or just get the hop on hop off buses or tuk tuks? I would be interested in swimming, spa, relaxing treatments & staying fit while over there. So any tips there would be appreciated too. thanks Colin

more
    • Insurance question

Phuket Mar 26, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Hello all: Is purchasing insurance for travel to Thailand mandatory? If so, where can you purchase insurance that is affordable?

more
    • book a hotel or just wait till we get there

by aalluzion Online Now Mar 7, 2014 at 6:12 AM

My wife and I are going to Phi Phi and Railay in April. I was wondering if I should book rooms now or wait till we are there. Looking on line it looks like there are booking up , but our agent says to just wait till we are there. Is there a lot of rooms available in April being somewhat slower?

4 Answers Mar 8, 2014 at 7:30 AM
    • island tour in phi phi.

by izmedfahmi Online Now Dec 31, 2013 at 9:16 AM

where can i get the island tour to maya bay etcetc in phiphi island. im going to phiphi in jan2014. i need to know where in phi phi i can get the tour to maya bay and othr island.

1 Answer Dec 31, 2013 at 5:33 PM
    • Ihearttheworld's Profile Photo

Elephant Trek?

by Ihearttheworld Online Now Feb 14, 2012 at 6:35 AM

Are there any elephant treks on Koh Phi phi? I will be there in april and would really like to go on a trek!

2 Answers Feb 14, 2012 at 12:54 PM
    • Lively hotel on same beach as Apache really lively

by bkz7 Online Now Sep 18, 2011 at 12:57 PM

I was in Phi Phi last year and had the best time ever I stayed at PP Casita which was fine but there was a hotel with a pool on the second floor on same beach as Apache does anyone know what it is called seemed to be really lively

1 Answer Sep 18, 2011 at 1:14 PM
    • J.J. Bungalows on Koh Phi Phi Don?

by pchandr99 Online Now Aug 15, 2011 at 8:48 AM

Hi all, has anyone stayed on J.J. Bungalows on koh phi phi don? I'm having trouble deciding between this (apparently it's on a steep hill) and Popular Beach bungalows - anyone stayed here? It's on tonsai beach - is it noisy? Is the beach front nice to hang out in and swim in?

We want to be walking distance to the bars for nye, but a bit away from the noise so we can sleep well at night!

What do you recommend?! Thank you! At least J.J. has good clean reviews - i don't care about the stench from the nearby sewage plant - it's only when you walk by that plant you smell it?

thanks!
      Preethi

3 Answers Aug 15, 2011 at 10:15 PM
    • hivaoa1's Profile Photo

ferry time table from krabi

by hivaoa1 Online Now Jul 7, 2011 at 9:22 AM

does anyone know the timetable of the ferry from krabi to phiphi in november? are there also private boats to go?

1 Answer Jul 7, 2011 at 9:37 AM
    • seanmccurry's Profile Photo

Beach shack, hut

by seanmccurry Online Now Jul 6, 2011 at 9:29 AM

Hi,

I am staying in Ko Pi Pi Don for up to 3 nights in December 2011. I would like to stay in a beach hut,shack. Similar to the ones they have in Palolem in India. Can any one please help.

Cheers

Sean

1 Answer Jul 6, 2011 at 9:57 PM
    • stamoz's Profile Photo

closest airport

by stamoz Online Now May 19, 2011 at 9:20 AM

hello everyone,

currently in Bangkok but next month I'll be headin to Phi Phi islands and wanna know which airport might be closer to, either Phuket's or Krabi's in order to catch a flight back to Suvarnabhumi and from there to fly back home.
      Thank you

4 Answers Jul 18, 2011 at 12:08 AM
    • seanmccurry's Profile Photo

Where to stay

by seanmccurry Online Now Feb 20, 2011 at 3:01 AM

Hi all,

I am staying in Ko Phi Phi for 2 to 4 nights in November 2011. I cant afford a lot any suggestions please. Should I book online or barter when I arrive. Cheers Sean

2 Answers Feb 20, 2011 at 1:07 PM
    • Requesting Advice on Time that should be spent between Rai Leh and Phi Phi Don

by Urbanomad Online Now Nov 30, 2010 at 4:01 PM

Hi,

I will be travelling to Thailand in April 2011 and planning to spend a total of 7 days between Rai Leh on Krabi coast and Phi Phi Don Island. However, I'm not sure where I should spend the most time between these 2 places. Is there more to do and see in Phi Phi Don or in Rai Leh? Can someone help me out?

Thanks!

Michael

1 Answer Dec 27, 2010 at 4:36 AM
    • eamonnmcc's Profile Photo

5 Days in Koh Phi Phi - hotels and things to do

by eamonnmcc Online Now Nov 7, 2010 at 10:59 PM

Hi all,

My girlfriend and I are travelling to Koh Phi Phi for few days on your way back to Ireland for xmas.

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel to stay - around 40-50AUD (1,350THB)per night max? and close to a beach.

Also is there any trip that is a must do while there? I've been all over Thailand before and just want to lie on beach for few days but if there is something that we should do can you please advise?

Thanks
      Eamonn

1 Answer Nov 8, 2010 at 2:18 AM
    • First time to Phi Phi

by thailand_ted Online Now Sep 30, 2010 at 1:49 AM

Hi,
      I'm looking at taking my girlfriend to Phi Phi in April 2011. Like many others posting on the forum various website information has got me frustrated. I have found a hotel near Pak Nam Beach and the prices seem pretty ok. I needed to find somewhere that had beach bungalows and where we could have our own privacy and this place seems to be the best giving the budget I have in place. I have a couple of questions that I would be very grateful if anybody could answer for me:

Am I best to go and book my holiday as a package, or book it indevidually? (I always feel package holidays are more expensive, but the security of a package always sways me into paying)

If I was to opt into booking the holiday seperately, what would be the best airport to fly to from Manchester? And are the regular ferries etc that could take me to my accomodation without it costing me a fortune?

The website for the accomodation I found never stipulated a board basis, I take it that is because it is all self catering, are there many amenities on the Island (i.e food and water) and what are the prices like?

If there are any questions you think I should be asking please advise me as I am not normally somebody who uses forums. Thank you for your time and patience :)

2 Answers Sep 30, 2010 at 12:53 PM
    • noosa_blue150's Profile Photo

has anyone stayed at phi phi casita recently - worried about noise from renovations

by noosa_blue150 Online Now Sep 22, 2010 at 2:24 AM

the hotel website tells you day time renovations underway around walkway area and that no refunds or complaints will be entered into ..............so how noisy is it ????? I dont like the idea of making a booking and finding that one cant get away from the noise during day time

2 Answers Sep 23, 2010 at 1:25 PM
    • Budget beachfront Hut/ accomodation

by leopardclaw Online Now Aug 21, 2010 at 6:25 AM

Hi we are looking for budget , but clean & neat accomodation on the beach of phi Phi Don. Can someone please recommend a place. I neeed a name please.Travelling with2 x small boys.

2 Answers Nov 29, 2010 at 1:50 PM
    • where to stay on Phi Phi Island

by rachgal Online Now Jul 19, 2010 at 3:42 AM

I'm travelling to Thailand in February and have no idea where to stay on Phi Phi Island. I have visited Phi Phi before, but only for a day trip.
      I'm travelling with my boyfriend, but we are not the quiet romantic types. We still want some partying.. we are in our mid 20's.
      where is the best part of phi phi to stay for partying? and near a beautiful beach?
      Thanks!

1 Answer Aug 30, 2011 at 10:30 PM
    • slyons81's Profile Photo

Transportation from Ko Samui?

by slyons81 Online Now Feb 2, 2010 at 2:08 PM

Hello,
      Trying to get to Phi Phi from Ko Samui and really don't want to lose a whole day traveling, but the flights are looking pretty steep. The site says the bus takes 7 hours to get to Phuket and then a 2 hour ferry to the island.

Is there a better way from KS to Phuket? Cab? Car?
      How much are speedboats from Phuket to Phi?

6 Answers Mar 17, 2010 at 7:19 AM
    • slyons81's Profile Photo

3 nights too many?

by slyons81 Online Now Feb 1, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Hello,
      Quick general questions-

is 3 nights 4 days in Ko Phi Phi in July too many? I heard it gets deserted.

Is the construction during July heavy?

4 Answers Feb 1, 2010 at 6:54 PM
    • best place to stay

by raynz Online Now Jan 7, 2010 at 5:36 PM

me and 2 of my buddies are planning a trip to phi phi in a few weeks. we are still trying to find accommodations on the island. i have seen alot of websights on best places to stay on phi phi but its hard to filter out all the info and advertising from the hotels/resorts. im just looking for help from someone who has been there on info on where 3 guys should stay on phi phi. info on specific area or part in phi phi we should stay or maybe a recommendation of hotel/resort. somewhere nice, close to nightlife, nice beaches, restuarants and basically where the action is. we dont want to end up around all couples and honeymooners. any info would be greatly appreciated..
      thanks
      ray

1 Answer Jan 7, 2010 at 7:05 PM
    • mj9462's Profile Photo

Accommodation for Solo Female Traveler

by mj9462 Online Now Jan 5, 2010 at 9:34 PM

I will be traveling to Phi Phi islands at the end of April and am searching for a place to stay. Websites have left me flustered and confused. Would love to stay in a bungalow, but my budget is roughly 1000 baht/night. Since I am on my own it would be convenient if it had a restaurant and bar so i won't have to wander around on my own in the dark if it gets too late. I would like to be close to town, but understand I can just catch a taxi there. Close to, if not on, a beach would be great. Any help is apprecaited!

Thanks,
      mj

2 Answers Jan 6, 2010 at 11:49 AM
    • Kim1170's Profile Photo

Catching a ferry to Phi Phi - where to arrive & buy tickets...

by Kim1170 Online Now Oct 22, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Just need a bit of clarification...Is Rassada pier right in Phuket town? If so, can we take a mini bus from the airport into town and walk to the pier or is it better to take a taxi and go directly to the pier (trying to stay on a budget)? Is it better to book my ferry tickets in advance or should we just buy them when we get to the pier? We will be arriving mid-December. Thanks!

2 Answers Nov 3, 2009 at 6:47 AM
    • VODKA_LEMON's Profile Photo

Which island?

by VODKA_LEMON Online Now Oct 15, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Greetings
      Me and my girlfriend planning to go thailand in novenber.We been searching many websites about each islands.They all seem perfect.What we are looking for is not a packed touristic resort as much as we would like to have some nice rest.,pubs and shops any advices would be very usefull for us....

Thank you in advance

2 Answers Nov 6, 2011 at 7:00 PM
    • how to go from phi phi to langkawi?

by guillerminamc Online Now Apr 6, 2009 at 1:53 AM

Hi i need help
      i need to go from phi phi to langkawi and i dont know how
      I found tigerline ferry but they ve cancelled ferries to langkawi
      Any advice is appreciated
      thanks

1 Answer Apr 8, 2009 at 6:25 AM
    • danaiskra's Profile Photo

How to Get There

by danaiskra Online Now Mar 12, 2009 at 12:10 AM

We are planning a Bangkok Trip around August. I have always wanted to explore Thailand's beaches and I wanna take this Thailand opportunity. This might require a lengthy answer. But anybody there care to share how to get to Phi Phi from Bangkok? How much might it cost? Thanks!

2 Answers Mar 12, 2009 at 4:00 AM
    • Nice hotel at Koh Phi Phi

by Hegenorway Online Now Mar 2, 2009 at 4:42 AM

We are planning to spend 1 night at Koh Phi Phi on our way from Krabi to Phuket, and need advice on where to stay? We are looking for a nice hotel close to one of the beaches, preferably a beach where it's nice to go snorkeling. It would also be great if the hotel is not a long walk from where the ferries to/from Krabi/Phuket leaves from.

1 Answer Mar 2, 2009 at 7:06 AM
    • joolea's Profile Photo

budget accommodation in Phi Phi

by joolea Online Now Oct 27, 2008 at 8:54 PM

I am going to Phi Phi around Nov 14, and have been looking for cheap accommodation online. there doesnt seem to be many options below 1000baht, if any at all. Anyone know if theres a better chance of scoring cheap accommodation by just showing up and hunting? or any recommendations where to book online? thanks in advance!

4 Answers Oct 30, 2008 at 11:59 AM
    • Jontxu's Profile Photo

Best diving spots?

by Jontxu Online Now Jul 31, 2008 at 7:00 AM

Hi,
      I am going to spend a few days in Krabi/Ao Nang and was thinking about going to dive 2 days, which spots would you recommend me within a reasonable distance?
      Do you know any reliable company offering excursions in the area?
      Thanks!!
      Jontxu

1 Answer Aug 15, 2008 at 2:22 AM
    • weather for october

by verobride Online Now Jul 23, 2008 at 2:11 PM

greetings,
      my fiancee and I are planning a honeymoon to thailand and are considering phi phi, phuket and krabi areas.

we are planning on going oct 20-31st. i'm looking for feedback on what the weayher is like. the books i've read state that its the end of the rainy season. I'm really looking forward to snorkeling, kayaking, hiking and just enjoying our time there. I appreciate any feedback. thanks.

2 Answers Jul 23, 2008 at 7:46 PM
    • pawelx's Profile Photo

Rock climbing in Phi Phi - ANY feedback?

by pawelx Online Now Jul 8, 2008 at 10:04 AM

I am planning to do a week of rock climbing in Phi Phi in January 2009.
      Can anyone share their experience of climbing there? In particular I am interested
      (1) is it easy (like it is supposed to be in Railay) to meet other climbers and pair up? I will be coming with a girlfriend who does not climb
      (2) are the climbing areas less crowded than Railay/Tonsai? I heard that at Railay/Tonsai in high season (i.e. January) you often have to wait to climb a route etc. and I am looking to avoid such situations by going to Phi Phi
      (3) generally, is the climbing good? The quality of routes, selection (F5-F6b range interests me most).

Accomodation: Given that the island is rather small, I guess ANY hotel on Phi Phi Don will be convenient?

Any feedback is much appreciated!
      Thanks

2 Answers Aug 30, 2009 at 9:39 AM
    • Natural Resort

by ciftlikkoy Online Now May 28, 2008 at 5:03 AM

We are planning a holiday in Thailand for early next year and have already chosen accommodation in two locations.

We'd also like to visit Ko Phi Phi Don and the website for Natural Resort looks good - and so does the price. BUT, there are mixed reviews from several Forums - from the sublime to the downright disgusting!

Has anyone stayed there recenltly? We're looking for a quiet location, simple clean rooms with private bathroom and good snorkelling.

Any recent information will be helpful. Thanks.

1 Answer Dec 2, 2008 at 3:29 AM
    • Phi Phi accomodation...going slightly mad

by thaitastic Online Now May 4, 2008 at 8:31 AM

Please can someone help out, i've been browsing hotel sites, review sites, hostel sites for about 3 days now trying to decide where to stay on phi phi and it's driving me insane.

I've been before and stayed at Phitarom which I have to say was fantastic for the money, clean, luxurious, chilled out, excellent staff. Now you're thinking why not just stay there again.

Well, as nice as it was, it wasn't beachfront and this time on phi phi we really want a beachfront place. We're not fussy as long as it's reasonably clean, reasonably secure, friendly atmosphere and not more than about £30/night...we can go up to £50/night without a problem, but would prefer to go lower if possible.

We will be staying for 6/7 nights, the final week of our 2 week stay in thailand. We want to be close enough to the village to be able to walk into town and party if we feel like it and also be able to walk back home again in a drunken state. Howevever we don't want to be too close so we can just chill and relax in our chosen accomodation if we want to for a few days.

Long beach has jumped out at us, mainly because of the snorkelling and closeness to hin phae (goat reef) this is a must for us whereever we stay, has to be good swimming and snorkelling...however we're worried it may be a little too far to talk home if we're drunk.

I'm going to stop rambling on now, would appreciate any suggestions, thanks!

3 Answers May 5, 2008 at 7:13 AM