Ko Phangan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Where to watch football!?

by chrispople14 Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Hi I'm staying in Mae haad for 4 days, just need to know if anyone knows of any bars nearby that show English football?

2 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 11:30 PM
    • Visiting Koh Phangan

by apue Online Now Feb 20, 2014 at 4:33 AM

Hi

I am planning to visit Koh Phangan on 27th of Feb via Bangkok. Is there safe to travel along Bangkok to Koh Phangan?? And could you please guide to me how to use public transport during these critical situation from Bangkok to Koh Phangan? My flight is arriving at Don Muang Airport and how to get airport to Koh Phangan?

Much appreciate for any advise......

YMS

3 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 7:17 AM
    • FMP 14 Feb 2014

by ziya1810 Online Now Feb 9, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Hi!

I am a single male traveller for the Full Moon Party on Koh Phangan....i would like to stay at the main party area, somewhere i can meet similar single travellers to go to the party with possibly.

Any advice is welcome!!

Ziya

4 Answers Feb 9, 2014 at 10:13 PM
    • Travelling to Ko Phangan from Phuket

by ziya1810 Online Now Feb 9, 2014 at 7:38 PM

Hi, I'm planning to go to Ko Phangan for the Full Moon Party on 22 Feb. Will be travelling alone, is there any one from Phuket planning to travel to Ko Phangan on 14 Feb 2014 for FMP.

Anyone else from Phuket going to Ko Phangan around that time? please let me know we can team up.
      Please contact me on ziyarahman@hotmail.com

• Why Full Moon Party?

by catchme123 Online Now Nov 29, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I am trying to understand the excitement behind FMP.
      I have been to one last year in December and it did not impress me at all.
      Music they play its just TOOO old and all i see is kids dancing on benches and jumping over ropes
      Its not bad but I guess this could be done in many other places .
      I am not sure if i miss to visit some unseen place on beach where all the fun , but its definitely not on the beach i expected to see.
      I have seen much better and safe places to party.
      Any idea why there is so much fuss about FMP ?

8 Answers Nov 29, 2013 at 7:44 PM
    • Jacktraveller's Profile Photo

Phuket then Koh Phangan for New Years

by Jacktraveller Online Now Oct 31, 2013 at 5:23 AM

Hi, It's been a while since I've written here gosh how long has it been? since 2006? lol Anyway, I'm planning to go to Phuket for a day then Koh Phangan alone for Full Moon Party and New Years then go home on New Years too. Any advice on how to do a quick R&R juggling 2 islands in 4 days, transpo, etc., Any takers?

3 Answers Nov 29, 2013 at 12:07 AM
    • weather report

by alananott Online Now Oct 14, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Would you recommend travel to Ko Phangan in December

1 Answer Oct 14, 2013 at 9:18 PM
    • Stay here or Koh Samui

by peww2004 Online Now Aug 5, 2013 at 4:06 AM

My 20 year old son wants to go to the half moon party on 11 October. I would be happy to stay on Koh Phangan for 2 or 3 days but accommodation seems very basic and unsuitable for a 60 year old. Any advise please. I did think about staying on Koh Samui but am not sure about getting back to a hotel at 3 or 5 am or some other silly time. Paul

3 Answers Aug 5, 2013 at 10:16 AM
    • zoed44's Profile Photo

Full moon hotel

by zoed44 Online Now Jul 19, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Hey :)
      Can anyone reccommend a good hotel to stay at for the full moon party?
      Ideally cheap/quite near to the full moon beach/clean/fun

Thanks!! x

2 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 1:19 PM
    • MONTHLY STAY

by benhanna9 Online Now Apr 17, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Thinking about going to koh phangan in May, haven't been there in years, does anyone know/recommend of decent accommodation to stay or rent for a month for around 7000 baht. preferably with some sort of WiFi access for work.

• tropique's Profile Photo

Transportation

by tropique Online Now Nov 29, 2011 at 6:24 PM

Hi guys,

Can anyone suggest an easy but inexpensive way to travel from BKK to Koh Phangan?

I'm planning to leave BKK on the 30th, and I know everything gets booked fast since it's near NYE. Is flying to Surat Thani the better option? Will it be easy for me to get to the pier, and also do I need to book the ferry ticket in advance?

Cheers!

8 Answers Dec 20, 2011 at 1:34 AM
    • principessa0505's Profile Photo

FMP accomodation

by principessa0505 Online Now Oct 29, 2011 at 3:46 AM

I would like to organise my accomodation before I get to the Island as I understand it gets full up in the days of the FMP.
      Does anyone know of any budget acccomodation (preferably private twin/ double room)thats close but also far enough from the party?

Thanks
      Mel

1 Answer Nov 12, 2011 at 4:33 PM
    • timanonymous's Profile Photo

Anyone want to go to the Full Moon Party in November?

by timanonymous Online Now Sep 10, 2011 at 1:19 PM

I am going to the full moon party by myself because my friends don't have money.

I will probably be in Koh Phangan from November 9th till November 11th and just hanging out in Bangkok before and after then.

If you are interested and going to be going my way let me know!

1 Answer Sep 12, 2011 at 10:25 AM
    • seanmccurry's Profile Photo

Full moon party

by seanmccurry Online Now Aug 31, 2011 at 3:28 AM

Hi I am going to Ko Phangan late November early December 2011. Does anybody know the dates of the FMP as I would like to try and avoid it

Cheers

Sean

4 Answers Sep 5, 2011 at 6:17 AM
    • Snorkeling / Diving Booking Recommendations & Zip-line / Elephant Trekking worth it?

by LADon Online Now Aug 25, 2011 at 3:20 AM

Hi All,

I am going to be in Ko Phangan for the September full moon party and staying in Ban Tai Beach.

I've never been diving before so I was looking up a bunch of dive places and was thinking about going with Reefers for diving but it is kind of pricey for my budget (quoted 3500 BHT). I was wondering if anybody would recommend a less expensive (while still reputable & safe) dive group. I kind of like reefers right now b/c their sales staff has been nice/responsive via e-mail.

Also, if I end up not going diving bc it is too expensive... I would at least like to go snorkeling. I would greatly appreciate any recommendations of people/tour companies that I could book a nice snorkeling adventure with. Pricing/contact information would be much appreciated.

I was also thinking about skipping diving b/c then maybe I could go on the zip-line or elephant trekking. I saw an adventure offered through safari travel but the company's reviews are either really good or really terrible... I would greatly appreciate pricing/contact info on where I might go to book zip-lining or elephant trekking or if I can just sign-up with the vendors themselves.

Thank you so much!

3 Answers Aug 25, 2011 at 6:49 AM
    • Ko Phangan things to do after FMP

by cosmo411 Online Now Aug 8, 2011 at 2:29 AM

I'm visiting Thailand for the first time in December on my own for one month and I've already booked accommodation at Venus Resort, Koh Phangan for ten nights and I understand that the Island becomes a ghost town after FMP so any advice about what to do after FMP

Thanks

3 Answers Sep 5, 2011 at 6:28 AM
    • meals109's Profile Photo

Half Moon Party and Transportation

by meals109 Online Now Mar 14, 2011 at 1:55 AM

Hi

Just trying to get an idea of where would be a good place to stay on Ko Phangan during the half moon party not necessiarly near the party... and if we were to stay somewhere like Bottle Beach is it easy to get back there and is transportation available in the early hours of the morning?

Also, where exactly is the half moon party? Is it not at Haad Rin?

Thanks so much!

1 Answer Sep 5, 2011 at 6:35 AM
    • Phangan Rental Price Range

by Tesywm Online Now Jan 31, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Hi,

What is a ballpark price range I can expect for a 1 room, basic Koh Phangan rental with the following:

- Reliable internet access
      - Air con
      - Western bathroom
      - Kitchenette

This is for a longer term stay (3-6 months). I'd like to be close to the Haad Rin Area

Thanks

• Sharing Phangan accomo

by yarnybarny Online Now Dec 20, 2010 at 8:53 AM

I've got a cottage at Phangan Cabana from 28th dec- 1st jan for 1600baht/night (aircon, inclusive of breakfast). If you would like to share a few nights i can request an extra bed (or beds. currently i have a double bed), we'll 50-50 the costs (just so i can have a little bit more spending money heh heh)

email me at cheeweiyan@gmail.com if interested.

• new year accommodation

by stibby3 Online Now Dec 7, 2010 at 3:22 AM

We plan to arrive on the island on the 27th Dec. We do not wish to be at the centre of the full moon party so will stay anywhere on the island for new year. Going by the net, there is no accommodation left on the island, however we were told by a friend that as we are not fussy as to what beach we stay and are arriving a few days before New Year the at we should get somewhere to stay upon arrival. Does any1 know if this should be the case. She also told us we will have many reps approaching us when we get off the boat trying to sell ur accommodation. I am just worried we may not find anywhere at this very busy time of year!! any advice would be great :)

1 Answer Dec 20, 2010 at 8:52 AM
    • new year accomodation 2010

by zeldiv Online Now Oct 22, 2010 at 7:57 AM

Im trying to look for accomodations for the new year but everything seems to be booked already or have minimum stays. plan to stay for three nights.
      Can anyone recommend any places that allows only three nights?
      Or would it be advisable to look for places once in kho phangan?
      Thanks!

4 Answers Nov 20, 2010 at 5:34 AM
    • Looking for budget accomodation

by jameson21 Online Now Sep 19, 2010 at 7:14 AM

Hi myself and my friend going to FMP in october and were looking for cheap but nice accomodation something on the beach. Whats the best place to stay thats not too close to haad rin. Was looking at pinks huts in ban tai anyone recommend this place or anywhere else?
      Any idea would be great help. Thanks.

4 Answers Feb 8, 2011 at 8:08 PM
    • Half moon part accomodation

by spollard Online Now Aug 6, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could advise on good accomodation for the half moon party...somewhere that is not right in the middle of where the party happens but close enough to either walk or get a short taxi ride back.

Also how far in advance is it suggestable to book accomodation?

manky thanks

• info on a particular hotel needed!

by pascalet Online Now Jul 26, 2010 at 9:41 AM

I am busy looking at the Haad Yao Resort in Ko Phangan and wondering if it is a good choice?not looking to spend an outrageous amount (student budget), just want a clean and comfortable place!Going to be there over New Year's Eve.

1 Answer Aug 24, 2010 at 2:18 PM
    • Vehicle Ferry

by Jason1968 Online Now Jul 17, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Are there more than one ferry to accommodate cars? As I will be taking my own vehicle to Koh Phangan.

Many thanks

• Honeymoon on Koh Phangan

by honneymoon0710 Online Now Mar 6, 2010 at 11:55 PM

Hi I am getting married in the summer and am looking luxury accommodation on Koh Phangan must have a swimming pool and be on the beach, in a nice quiet location.
      Thank,s

9 Answers May 5, 2010 at 5:17 AM
    • accomadation

by sporter1 Online Now Feb 11, 2010 at 8:39 PM

does anyone no which hotels the singles people stay at
      thanks..

• BorneoBoy's Profile Photo

Feb Half Moon Party

by BorneoBoy Online Now Feb 2, 2010 at 3:07 AM

Hi, I'm planning to go to Ko Phangan for the Half Moon Party on 22 Feb. Will be travelling with a friend of mine... I wondering how easy it is to get accommodation on the day/walk in? and also roughly the cost etc...

Anyone else from here is also going to Ko Phangan around that time? I'll be making my way down from Bangkok a day before.. very likely to take place to Surat Thani... and stay the night there then catch the ferry to Ko Samui.

• slyons81's Profile Photo

Phangan vs Samui

by slyons81 Online Now Jan 27, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Hello, I'm planning a honeymoon in july in Thailand, I really liked the Bophut area, thought the fisherman's village looked like a great spot, and the beaches look nice. I heard that the beaches are somewhat polluted and phangan is a better alternative. I don't want to be completely secluded though. Anyway, I have two questions:
      1) Besides Full Moon what is the night scene in Phangan
      2) In general how do these palces match up

You guys have been so helpful and I really appreciate the feedback. Thanks!!!

5 Answers Jan 29, 2010 at 8:49 PM
    • where to stay

by sporter1 Online Now Jan 23, 2010 at 11:55 PM

Hi guys my friends and i are planning to come to full moon party new years eve but havent got a clue where to stay. cheers

3 Answers Jan 26, 2010 at 1:36 PM