Ko Lipe

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Traveling to Koh lipe from Langkawi end of July or beginning of August

by yevonne287 Online Now Jun 23, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Hi, I would like to check if I would like to travel to Koh Lipe from Langkawi .
      1. What is the earliest time of ferry, and where the jetty located?
      2. Is the immigration will open during non peak season? Where to get this kind of information?
      3. How long will be the boat transfer duration?
      As I can't search much information online, hope you all can help.
      Thank you in advanced.

more
    • What to do in Koh Lipe

by maineeechai Online Now Jul 14, 2014 at 3:10 AM

I am going to Koh Lipe this coming December for 5 days. I would like to know what are the attractions there. I am living at Bundhaya Resort. Are there any activities other than snorkeling and diving, like banana boat or parasailing? Thank you.

more
    • What to do in Koh Lipe

by maineeechai Online Now Jul 14, 2014 at 3:10 AM

I am going to Koh Lipe this coming December for 5 days. I would like to know what are the attractions there. I am living at Bundhaya Resort. Are there any activities other than snorkeling and diving, like banana boat or parasailing? Thank you.

5 Answers Jul 14, 2014 at 11:52 PM
    • Traveling to Koh lipe from Langkawi end of July or beginning of August

by yevonne287 Online Now Jun 23, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Hi, I would like to check if I would like to travel to Koh Lipe from Langkawi .
      1. What is the earliest time of ferry, and where the jetty located?
      2. Is the immigration will open during non peak season? Where to get this kind of information?
      3. How long will be the boat transfer duration?
      As I can't search much information online, hope you all can help.
      Thank you in advanced.

3 Answers Jun 24, 2014 at 3:24 AM
    • Krabi airport to Koh lipe Transport_ June 2014

by arindom_b Online Now Jun 23, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Hi,
      I have planned a short trip to Koh Lipe next week.
      We will be arriving in Krabi airport at 8 pm Friday.

After doing some research over the internet, I found
      that the journey from Krabi to Pak Bara is about 4-5 hours.

I have to catch the boat from Pak Bara at 11.30am on Saturday.
      I would like to know the best way to reach Pak Bara in time.
      1. Is there any Minibus service available? Couldn't find their timing information anywhere.

2. If hiring a taxi is the only option, are they available 24*7. I found one website for taxi booking, but their departure time is 8am-10am. I am not sure if this will manage to reach Pak Bara before 11.30(which seems to be the only boat per day)

I would be grateful if anybody could provide suggestions in this regard.

Thanks,
      Arindom

4 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 10:51 AM
    • Any ferry from Langkawi to Ko Lipe during March 2015

by mskoh153 Online Now Jun 2, 2014 at 2:18 AM

Hi,

Me and my friends are planning a trip to Koh Lipe from Langkawi by ferry, but I try to check online about the ferry schedule. I m not sure whether any ferry service on March 2015? Can anyone help?
      Thanks.

Miaw

4 Answers Jun 2, 2014 at 8:47 AM
    • Is it crazy to go head towards koh lipe after a 12 h flight (arriving from Krabi)

by kimplimbim Online Now Feb 28, 2014 at 5:16 AM

Hello, I hope somebody can give me some good advice on this:

we are flying from Copenhagen, Dk to Krabi which takes us around 12h. We wondered if it is possible (without totally trashing ourselves) to just head right to Koh Lipe with a private airconditioned taxi. I checked google maps and the route should be around 3h from krabi to pakbara- and then another 2h on the ferry--> that this sounds realistic to you? We are traveling with our 10 month old son, but hes been very easy with travels in the past and sleeps a lot in his carseat... What do you think? Yes or No? Thank you in advance!!!

Kim

4 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 11:01 AM
    • Koh Lipe in Nov or Jan

by Jackson0021 Online Now Feb 24, 2014 at 9:00 PM

Hi everyone,

I am planning to visit Koh Lipe either in Jan 2015 or Nov 2014. Is there much difference between this two month? (Activities, hotel rate, number of tourist)

I am planning for short vacation, please recommend how many days the minimum (3 or 4 days)?

Any nice and clean hotel can recommend? (Middle range)

3 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 2:05 AM
    • TracyM20's Profile Photo

Building work

by TracyM20 Online Now Jan 28, 2014 at 3:54 AM

Hi is there still construction next to green view

1 Answer Jan 28, 2014 at 7:29 AM
    • Koh Lipe for wedding planning in low season

by vanessa1979 Online Now Jan 8, 2014 at 9:38 PM

We are thinking of coming to Koh Lipe in June/July in order to plan for a wedding in late 2014/early 2015. Would this be worthwhile given that many of places shut down in the low season (therefore we wouldn't be able to check them out or speak to people)?

3 Answers Jan 12, 2014 at 8:08 PM
    • lipe. sunset or sunset beach and

by kazzaG Online Now Dec 30, 2013 at 7:16 PM

hello
      am looking for a lovely relaxing holiday destination with myself and 18 yo daughter.
      we want to chill, be comfortable, eat well and laze about
      heading there early feb and lots of things are booked up.

looking at a couple of places one lipe beach resort on sunrise and smugglers on sunset. at 18 yo, daughter prefers not to share bed with Mum :(
      i read lipe beach has best beach area - but to find two beds, we need a family bungalow and it is expensive
      any suggestions? best beach sunset or sunrise?

thanks

4 Answers Jan 1, 2014 at 3:55 AM
    • Driving From Hat Yai to Pak Bara Pier -Ko Lipe (URGE)

by apple_ziyin Online Now Dec 11, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Hi Team mates,

Good day to you.

My friends & I ( 3 pax) planned for Ko Lipe on 15.12.2013.

We booked a resort for 3 nights.

We got our GPS for Thailand maps & we are thinking whether to drive from KL - Bukit Kayu Hitam enter Hat Yai & drive straight to Pak Barra pier or we just take bus / minivan from Bukit Kayu Hitam.

The objective we driving in is we can spend few days at Hat Yai by ourself & not rely on tuk tuk / taxi , bargaining the price. :)

Anyone drove to Pak Barra pier from Hat Yai before?

Can share your experience here with me as this is our very first time driving to Thai.

Thank you. :D

1 Answer Dec 13, 2013 at 3:08 AM
    • Pak Barra to Koh Lipe

by kitrafael Online Now Dec 8, 2013 at 4:50 AM

I heard from there news there is a huge flood happened in Satun province (where I plan to depart from Pak Barra).

1. Could someone advise me how's the flood condition doing over there?
      2. Any chance for the Boat transportation from Pak Barra pier to Koh Lipe be cancel or available?
      3. Hows the weather doing there in Koh Lipe? Still raining lately and anticipate to rain in next few days?

Thanks

1 Answer Dec 8, 2013 at 6:47 AM
    • Lipe in Dec (as of Dec-6)

by kitrafael Online Now Dec 6, 2013 at 12:48 AM

How's the weather doing there?
      I'm not sure if it's still raining..

Thanks.

1 Answer Dec 6, 2013 at 1:25 AM
    • anticipate rain on 7-10 Dec?

by pikz Online Now Dec 3, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Forecast states that it will be rainy this week specifically on 7-10th Dec.
      will it be too dangerous to travel to koh lipe on these dates as certain news states that its a bad monsoon season right now.
      thanks

3 Answers Dec 5, 2013 at 6:43 PM
    • nobert_engel's Profile Photo

Most reliable weather report for Ko Lipe?

by nobert_engel Online Now Oct 15, 2013 at 2:00 AM

We might pay Ko Lipe a visit October 25-31 but are a bit wary of the rain. Which weather report is the most reliable in your experience and if it is raining in October, does it rain all day are does it mostly consist of passing showers?

1 Answer Oct 18, 2013 at 7:24 AM
    • TracyM20's Profile Photo

Use of pool

by TracyM20 Online Now Sep 30, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Can you use other hotel pools?

4 Answers Sep 30, 2013 at 2:03 AM
    • Sept koh lipe

by junioryee Online Now Sep 14, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Hi. I am considering to travel to koh lipe either 22-25th sept or 29sept-2oct 2013. Which of the week would you think less rain and storm? Or will it be lightly raining most of the time? And will it be hassle and fully booked for hotels? Planning to book hotel when reach. Needed advise thanks

1 Answer Sep 15, 2013 at 6:25 AM
    • wanagm's Profile Photo

Ko Lipe SEP Weather

by wanagm Online Now Sep 2, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Hello,

I'm planning to visit Ko Lipe from 27SEP to 29SEP.
      I know at that time,rainy season and many rains.

I wonder,rains all day or short time within a day..
      and how about the sea? tide is high and the color of the sea is not beautiful?

Thanks in advance

1 Answer Sep 14, 2013 at 10:59 PM
    • Who want go to Ko Lipe.

by Leechin Online Now Aug 5, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I planing drive from kayu hitam to Saturn...then feri to ko Lipe..who want follow me

• Koh Lipe in august

by amilnor7 Online Now Jul 29, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Hi, me and another 2 girl friends are planning to go To Koh Lipe maybe around 22-26 August 2013. We were made to understand that at that time, weather wont be so promising. Do you think it would be best for us to go then or wait for some other time. We are there to celebrate my birthday so hope the trip will be a good one. we plan to travel from Kuala Lumpur to Hatyai then Lipe. Plus suggestion for the activities once we get there (if we r still going then)

2 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 1:42 AM
    • Will the diving centres in Koh Lipe open from 20th October onwards?

by chloecws Online Now Jul 25, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Hi, I am planning to have a vacation in Koh Lipe on 27th October and would like to know if there is any diving centres available from that day onwards as there will be few days left before the peak season.

5 Answers Aug 28, 2013 at 1:02 AM
    • How can i get to Koh Lipe

by arianazuber Online Now Jul 19, 2013 at 6:12 AM

Hello,

I am wondering how can I get form Phuket to Koh lipe on October 15th? does anyone know if there are any boats going to Koh lipe?

thank you!

3 Answers Jul 23, 2013 at 8:03 AM
    • Koh Lipe in October

by aristeph Online Now Jul 17, 2013 at 2:03 AM

Hello, I am planning on going to Koh lipe in October. Is the walking street closed? how about the hotels? is it still good to go in the month of OCTOBER?

3 Answers Jul 23, 2013 at 5:53 AM
    • Difference Between Tammalang Port & Pak Barra Pier

by GhostBackpacker89 Online Now Jun 22, 2013 at 11:01 AM

If I'm will travel in high season, which one is better to depart to Koh Lipe, by Tammalang Port or by Pak Barra Pier? Which port will offer at better price and frequent daily transfer to Koh Lipe?
      If I'm will travel in low season, which pier will offer the transfer to Koh Lipe? I was heard, Tammalang Port will just operate for high season only? is't true?
      How many types of water transport to get to Koh Lipe others than speed boat, either by Tammalang Port or Pak Barra Pier?? How about it price rate.
      Can anyone suggest me any hotel with the rate below 700B/room/night in Koh Lipe in low season??

5 Answers Jun 29, 2013 at 1:45 AM
    • Elaineyee10's Profile Photo

Koh Lipe in June

by Elaineyee10 Online Now Jun 3, 2013 at 3:42 AM

Hi, I plan to visit Lipe island next week ,wonder how is the weather condition there? Anyone been to Lipe lately ? Please advise ,Thank you !

Elaine

18 Answers Jun 12, 2013 at 9:58 PM
    • Alor Setar to Koh Lipe

by lteewan Online Now May 25, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Hi I am travelling from Alor Setar to Koh Lipe this end of May. Will it be better to go to Pak Bara via Hat Yai by taxi or to drive to Pak Bara through Wang Kelian ? Thank you.

3 Answers May 26, 2013 at 1:22 AM
    • TerranceTed's Profile Photo

From Bukit Kayu Hitam/Sadao Border to Pak Bara

by TerranceTed Online Now May 13, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Hi, i'm Planning to go Koh Lipe this end of May. I wonder is there any Taxi/mini van to Pak Bara from Bukit Kayu Hitam/Sadao Border? As i will drive myself to Bukit Kayu Hitam from Penang and park my car at the duty free shop. Appreciate anyone can advise me. Many thanks ^^

7 Answers May 14, 2013 at 10:06 AM
    • Ko Lipe in June

by iax2290 Online Now Apr 11, 2013 at 4:53 AM

I am hoping to travel to Ko Lipe in early June but have read mixed things about the weather. Firstly I was wondering how difficult it wil be to get there - I know there is only 1 boat a day in the green season. Secondly, what will the weather actually be like? I'm prepared for it to rain but don't want to bother travelling all the way there if it is just going to be cloudy, rainy, and windy! Lastly, if we did go I would love to do some boat trips etc. but I have heard the sea can be very rough, would it be too bad to do trips around the national park at that time?
      Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks

9 Answers Jun 25, 2013 at 6:31 AM
    • Getting from Langkawi to Ko Lipe

by EmiToe Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 7:24 AM

Hi!
      I was thinking about taking a small trip to Ko Lipe, Thailand during my stay in Langkawi. However, I am a bit confused on how to get there. I understand there is ferries between the islands, but that they only operate from October to April? I will stay on Langkawi from April 29 - May 8. Is it impossible to get to Ko Lipe and back? I did find a site who allowed me to book tickets, but on www.kohlipethailand.com it says that there is no direct ferry from Langkawi to Koh Lipe in May.

Thanks in advance

7 Answers Mar 16, 2013 at 11:50 AM
    • little help, please

by sharkydmc Online Now Oct 8, 2012 at 1:26 PM

looking at ko lipe early dec... please recommend hotels in the50 range, close to beach... is this resonable? Thanks, DC

2 Answers Nov 13, 2012 at 8:06 PM
    • cheekin22's Profile Photo

Satun to Koh Lipe

by cheekin22 Online Now Aug 2, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Greetings,

I bought an air ticket to Langkawi in early of October.
      Unfortunately, I notice the ferry to Koh Lipe only operate from the end of October onwards.

So I think my alternative way to Koh Lipe is to take the ferry from Langkawi to Satun (the name is Tammalang pier?)
      Then from Satun pier travel to Pak Bara to catch the ferry to Koh Lipe.
      (Seem like a long journey).

Is there any ferry travel directly from Satun to Koh Lipe in October?

May I know how far from the Satun pier to Pak Bara?
      Any public transport to go to Pak Bara from Satun pier and how much?

Many thanks.

3 Answers Aug 3, 2012 at 5:23 AM