change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• First Time to Phuket 7 Days 6 Nights

Phuket 54 minutes ago

Dear VT Members,

I had done research on places I want to go while in Phuket but still find it difficult to arrange it. This is my first time ti Phuket. Would very much appreciate your great assistance on this.

My parents and I arrive Phuket on 17th July 5am. We will proceed to the hotel to check-in (I book the room from 16th July). Rest for half a day before we explore Phuket.

We will be in phuket from 17th July until 23rd July (7D6N), staying at Tony Resort for 4 nights and for the rest of the nights, have not decided where to stay. Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated. Shall we stay in Kata beach ?

These are the places we want to go/do:
      a) 1/2 day city tour
      b) 1 day phi phi island
      c) 1/2 day James Bond (is half day enough?)
      d) Weekend market
      e) Robinson Shopping Mall
      f) Jungceylon
      g) Fantasea show
      h) Siam Niramat / Simon Cabaret Show --> I couldn't decide which one should we watch
      i) Elephant Trekking --> is this worth to do ? Both my parents are at age 60.
      j) Any recommendation for shrine that we shall visit ?

Or if you have other places to recommend ?

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

more
    • poepat's Profile Photo

BEST BEACH LIFE KRABI AND PHUKET

Phuket 15 hours ago

Hi, We will be flying into Krabi in the middle of January 2016 and have ten days to plan before flying out of Phuket. This will be our first time in these areas and would like a little guidance for us to make our choice of suitable itinerary.
      We would like to split the time between the two areas and would like suggestions of suitable locations.
      We basically want real nice beaches, sea good for snorkelling, good beach food shacks / restaurants.
      We don't want loads of discos, clubs, drunken raves, but do enjoy a good walk round local bars.
      Can anyone give us some ideas. We don't mind catching ferries from Krabi but don't want to spend our time hopping.
      So ideally it will be two locations satisfying what we want.
      Many thanks all in advance
      POEPAT

more
    • poepat's Profile Photo

BEST BEACH LIFE KRABI AND PHUKET

Krabi 15 hours ago

Hi, We will be flying into Krabi in the middle of January 2016 and have ten days to plan before flying out of Phuket. This will be our first time in these areas and would like a little guidance for us to make our choice of suitable itinerary.
      We would like to split the time between the two areas and would like suggestions of suitable locations.
      We basically want real nice beaches, sea good for snorkelling, good beach food shacks / restaurants.
      We don't want loads of discos, clubs, drunken raves, but do enjoy a good walk round local bars.
      Can anyone give us some ideas. We don't mind catching ferries from Krabi but don't want to spend our time hopping.
      So ideally it will be two locations satisfying what we want.
      Many thanks all in advance
      POEPAT

more
    • eugenecwl's Profile Photo

Queries On Phatthalung's Transportation And Shadow Play Puppets

Phatthalung Jun 21, 2015 at 3:09 AM

Hi guys, will be planning a short side trip to Phatthalung from Hat Yai this coming July. I plan to go to Phatthalung by bus from Hat Yai bus station. The only problem I am unsure of is getting back to Hat Yai from Phatthalung. I have tried searching the internet and have found out that Phatthalung has 2 new bus stations. Beside that, very little info on the bus or van schedules. Hence I need advise from you veterans out there regarding the following :

1) I understand that I will be dropped by bus along the main road, so if I want to get back to Hat Yai, can I simply just wait for the bus along the main road in the opposite direction? Or do I need to get a bus ticket at the bus terminal?

2) Does anyone have the updated bus or van schedules from Phatthalung to Hat Yai?

3) As I intend to explore only Phatthalung town, is there any shops where I can purchase the shadow play puppets from?

Many thanks guys. Look forward to hear from your soon.

Regards,

Eugene

more
    • Langkawi to Satun for a day

Satun Yesterday

What is there to do on the coast of Satun as I am thinking about a day trip to Satun from Langkawi?

more
    • Is it safe to travel by boat from Pak Bara-Koh Lipe-Pak Bara during monsoon in Jul2015?

Ko Lipe Jun 29, 2015 at 1:32 AM

Hi, understand that it is monsoon season now. Need your advice whether it is risky/dangerous to take boat from Pak Bara to Koh Lipe during mid Jul2015.

During July, what is the schedule of boats to & from Pak Bara-Koh Lipe?

Thank you in advance.

more
    • VickyC14's Profile Photo

solo woman trip

Phuket Jun 18, 2015 at 10:13 PM

hi all. i will be travelling to Phuket on my own on 7th July to 9th July. wondering if theres anyone travel alone too?

more
    • owntheday's Profile Photo

KHO TAO HOTEL AND AMENITIES

Ko Tao Jun 7, 2015 at 7:02 PM

Looking for a nice hotel (mid-range) near Sairee, 20 minute walk is o.k.
      A place near the bars and restaurants? Any suggestions? I don't want to do alot of travel once there. Are there tuk-tuks?

more
    • Krabi vs Phuket

Krabi 22 hours ago

I am planning to visit Phuket, would want to know if Krabi would be worth visiting? More so i would want to know what is different in both places? Considering both are beach destinations.

more
    • spending per day on koh samui

Ko Samui Jul 1, 2015 at 9:14 PM

Hi

Me, wife and 4 year old kid are going to samui for 10 days and bangkok for 4 days on 23.08. How much money will i need per day for food (mid range restaurants
      ), snacks, beer, viziting islends and doing some other stuff, (excluding hotel and flights)? Please share you experience. Thanks

more
    • Shopping malls/ Night markets

Phuket Jun 27, 2015 at 1:36 PM

Hello! I would like to ask about the distance/time taken for me to travel from Renaissance Hotel and Spa Phuket to the nearest shopping mall(s) and night markets?

Also, which ones you would recommend for someone visiting for the first time and only over the weekend :) Thanks in advance!

more
    • is there any art painting cafe in phuket

Phuket Jun 10, 2015 at 11:17 PM

I am looking for a painting art café in Phuket for my coming trip July.
      café comes with drink cakes & painting services..

more
    • Phuket or Phi Phi or Krabi

Phuket Jun 30, 2015 at 5:20 AM

Hi,

We are 3 friends and planning for a trip to phuket form 17th july to 20th july.

how many days shall we plan for phuket and how many for krabi or phi phi.

how is the night life in phi phi or krabi?

can we plan like. 17th - 19th in phuket and leaving for phi phi on 19th and krabi on 20th and then flight from krabi?

we want to experience scuba diving too. So, which is the best place for scuba diving? krabi or phi phi?

more
    • First time to Phuket: Needed 6D5N Itinerary

Phuket Jun 24, 2015 at 9:18 PM

Hi VT members, I'm planning to bring my parents, both are in their early 60s, to Phuket for 6D5N. The first day, will reach there late afternoon. Would very much appreciate if you can help with arranging the 6D5N itinerary and with places to stay.

My budget, inclusive of sight seeing, meals, hotels and transport is about 20,000 - 25,000 bath. Please advice if with this kind of budget is enough.

Looking forward to your reply. Thank you in advance.

more
    • Overnight bus to Penang

Krabi Jun 23, 2015 at 12:20 AM

Hello.

I've been doing lots of reasearch, trying to find out about catching buses from Krabi to Penang. It seems like buses go via Hat Yai and take about 8 hours.

I would like to know if its possible to catch a night bus and arrive in Penang in the early morning.

I'm in Thailand for quite a short time and don't want to waste my time travelling during the day for 8 hours!

Has anyone caught an overnight bus between these Krabi and Penang?

more
    • Jesyy's Profile Photo

Skincare(where to buy)

Hat Yai Jun 26, 2015 at 11:10 AM

Hi, I had heard of thailand has great and affordable skincare products. May I know where(particularity which shopping mall in hatyai) can I get ele mineral white mask plus, snail white and malissa kiss sleeping mask? A big thanks to whomever that answer.

more
    • keisash's Profile Photo

itinerary Help

Phuket Jun 20, 2015 at 1:07 AM

I am planing to visit phuket for 7 days can you help me in planing my itinerary?

more
    • Is it safe to go phuket ?

Phuket Jun 7, 2015 at 9:53 AM

Consider the recent earthquake happened in Sabah, is it safe to go Phuket? Worried about Tsunami.

more
    • Felicia.23's Profile Photo

Phuket for 10 days? Alone?

Phuket Jul 3, 2015 at 10:15 PM

is phuket safe for a solo female traveler.. I am 23.. I planned to stay there for 10days and just enjoy the view.. The sea.. Is 20000 baht enough??

more