Ko Lanta Travel Answers

change location
cheekin22's Profile Photo

Krabi Airport to Ko Lanta

by cheekin22 Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Understand that there are minibus/van services from the Krabi airport to Ko Lanta, is this correct?
Has anyone tried the services before?
What's the timetable and the price for the service? I'll arrive in Krabi airport at 2pm.
How long will the journey takes?
Do I still need to arrange the boat service separately if I travel by minibus/van?
I'm planning to go & stay in Phra Ee Beach first before explore to other places in Lanta.
Many thanks in advance for your reply.

Quote & Answer
12 Answers
  • cgf's Profile Photo

Re: Krabi Airport to Ko Lanta

by cgf Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Airport is on the way from Krabi town and Ko-Lanta it would take about two hours to get there the cost is a fixes price, as you get to arrival all a lot of people would take you where you want, there are also some agencies. I do suggest a taxi avoiding to be squeezed by your neighbour and luggage in a minivan, they tend to fill all seats before they leave.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Lipee's Profile Photo

by Lipee Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 1:45 AM

As said above the fastest and best way is to take a taxi. It takes about 2 hours to Phra Ae Beach incl the two car ferries. The taxi cost you about 2000 THB.

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 2:39 AM

lanta.krabi.info/how-to-get-...

This site is quite helpful but if you have the money and want to get there in a hurry take a taxi..I have been to Koh Lanta several times since 1991 and always enjoyed this beautiful island. Rent a motorbike and explore the island, you will come across some great beaches.
    Why don't you see if your resort has a pick up service. If not there will be plenty of touts offering their services for you when you exit the arrival lounge.

• Re: Krabi Airport to Ko Lanta

by wentbytrain Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 11:44 PM

IF you opt for the minibus, then it passes 2 small carferries, included, The most tourist think they have to go to Krabi and take the big ferry-not for cars, but that is nonsense. But when buying ticket DO make sure that it actually goes that far- some minibuses stop at lanta major=quite small town just after ferry.
    I also wish that people would not decide for others to have to spend such large sums by only telling that its better.

• Lipee's Profile Photo

by Lipee Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 4:56 AM

@wentbytrain
    Of course it must be the best way taking a taxi of your own all the way to your resort. If you read my post you may notice that I have not told him to do this. It´s just information....

• cheekin22's Profile Photo

by cheekin22 Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Thanks all for the great information :)
    Yes, I understand that hire a private taxi which cost around 2,500baht is the better option and could reach directly to the desired destination.
    But due to budget constrain, I would like to try a cheaper option & the minibus/van seems meet my need.
    Thanks again to all of you :)

by marodavid Online Now Nov 26, 2013 at 5:31 AM

Hi cheekin22,
    Did you finally find out how to get the minibus to Ko Lanta? I am landing in Krabi in 3 weeks also at around 2pm and I cannot find any information of where to take minibus or the "also famous" shared minivan.
    I understand I have to take them from Krabi but where in Krabi??? Please, if somebody can give me a hint to follow. Any local travel agent that can book the minibus/van for you for a reasonable comision? thanks.

• cheekin22's Profile Photo

by cheekin22 Online Now Nov 27, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Hi Marodavid,

If I remember well, you could actually buy the minibus/van ticket with the tourist agents in the arrival hall. But still you need to go to the Krabi town to get in to the minibus. The agent will guide you how to reach for the minibus (They will provide you a map and the street name).

I didn't buy the ticket with the tourist agents. Instead I use the public bus from airport and go directly to Krabi town. I believe the bus will stop by few guesthouses and you could stop there and ask the agent/staff to arrange the minibus for you. They usually have the signboard for providing the transportation services, so do look for those signboards.

Hope it helps :)

1 member found this helpful

by marodavid Online Now Nov 28, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Thanks cheekin22 for the useful information.

I was told by some dive operators in Koh Lanta that there is minibus leaving from airport to Koh Lanta, being the last departure around 4pm. I do not know for sure if they have a regular schedule (one each hour) or they use the very local method of once is full they departure. I was told the price for this minibus is 300 bahts.

Additionally there is a van (some people called it van, others minivan) that you can book in advance so they wait for you at the airport at your arrival time (or suggest you which service fits better with your arrival time). The price is 350 bahts I guess (need to be confirmed)
    I was just provided by my (super low budget) resort with the phone number of this service. I will try my luck later to book me a place, not sure if they speak enough decent English or just Thai.
    If this service works fine I will post the phone number here for other travelers. I am gonna try it the third week of December (2013).

by Whyzoner Online Now Jan 12, 2014 at 1:16 AM

Hi Marodavid,

I'm wondering how you finally get to Koh Lanta. Is it by the minivan from the airport or you pre-booked the van in advance? Hope you can share with me as I'm going to Koh Lanta in about 3 weeks time.

by Whyzoner Online Now Jan 12, 2014 at 3:34 AM

marodavid wrote:

Thanks cheekin22 for the useful information.

I was told by some dive operators in Koh Lanta that there is minibus leaving from airport to Koh Lanta, being the last departure around 4pm. I do not know for sure if they have a regular schedule (one each hour) or they use the very local method of once is full they departure. I was told the price for this minibus is 300 bahts.

Additionally there is a van (some people called it van, others minivan) that you can book in advance so they wait for you at the airport at your arrival time (or suggest you which service fits better with your arrival time). The price is 350 bahts I guess (need to be confirmed) I was just provided by my (super low budget) resort with the phone number of this service. I will try my luck later to book me a place, not sure if they speak enough decent English or just Thai.
    If this service works fine I will post the phone number here for other travelers. I am gonna try it the third week of December (2013).

Hi Marodavid,

I'm wondering how you finally get to Koh Lanta. Is it by the minivan from the airport or you pre-booked the van in advance? Hope you can share with me as I'm going to Koh Lanta in about 3 weeks time

by marodavid Online Now Jan 18, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Hi Whyzoner,

Finally my cheap hotel booked the van for me. I had to wait for 30 minutes as they leave every hour but they picked me up in Krabi airport and the price was 350 bahts (maybe 400, not totally sure).
    Best way you can do is to ask your accomodation to book it for you. Mine was a 700 bahts/night, so no need to be fancy to book it for you.
    First I tried to book the van by myself on phone by skype, but that was impossible. Their English was not good as it is a local service and that was going to lead to some misunderstandings, so finally I asked my accomodation to book it for me.
    If you wanna try your luck this is the phone to book. Telephone number of minivan company is +66816063591. If I were you I will try to provide this phone to your accomodation, or find somebody who can really speak thai and book it for you. Good luck!!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines