Ko Lanta Travel Answers

change location

2 month rental in Koh Lanta

by buckrodgers Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I was wondering if a $1000 USD per month budget would be sufficient to get a modern, somewhat luxurious 1 or 2 bedroom villa in Koh Lanta with a sea view and high-speed Internet access? Any recommendations would be great.

Additionally, what would be the best area to stay in that's peaceful, quiet, and family-friendly but still within reasonable distance of some nicer restaurants and the Thai boxing gym?

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • cgf's Profile Photo

Re: 2 month rental in Koh Lanta

by cgf Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 12:52 PM

last year I spent about 1500 THB = 50USD for a nice and clean place, wifi and breakfast. you are looking for somewhat luxurious villa, probably 1000USD/month are not enough Almost all KoLanta is quite, imo you better get a scooter, it's not expensive to hire one.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 2:26 PM

You should not have a problem finding sccomendation at 1000 usd a month. go through a agent and get terms on paper though. you will have to pay for water and electric separate. cheers tommy x

• Re: 2 month rental in Koh Lanta

by buckrodgers Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Thank you. Is there a villa or an agent with a web site that you could point me towards?

• xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 6:23 PM

There is a web site that has bungelows and cheap rooms for 30 usd a day on a resort, but i did not know if you wanted to stay two months in one. Go to lantalanta.com. I never stay there for months at a time, but if I do in Thailand, I stay in a cheap accomedations in the day and use two days to find an apartment or flat around town. That requires to go to aparrtment agency, travel agency, as well as posted signs in shopping mall areas where expats might hang out. you have to look around once you get there and since it is for two months, a few days to look for apartment is not bad.

cheers tommy x

• cgf's Profile Photo

by cgf Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 9:57 PM

check on tripadvisor before booking, imho you should not pay under 1200-1400 THB/night unless you forget somewhat luxurios and two bedrooms and//or going there out of season.

• Re: 2 month rental in Koh Lanta

by buckrodgers Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I found this place:

kantiang-bay.com/accommodati...

Is this a reputable and pleasant place to stay? It seems very affordable compared to other places.

• xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 10:44 AM

It's a great site, but like I said, since you are staying for two months, go there first and select where you want to stay. You can even negoiate the price of the room or villa because you are staying long term. good luck and cheers tommy x

• mim95's Profile Photo

by mim95 Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 6:03 AM

If you are staying in the same place for 2 months, any hotel will give you a discount for sure! I'm sure you'll find something with a budget of US$1000 / month. If you want to be closer to restaurants, my suggestion is to stay on the first beach (sorry I forgot the name) that is closest to the "town", where you can find good restaurants, supermarket, banks and some shopping. The road going south has some shops and restaurants as well, but not as concentrated.

And you'll need some type of transportation if you stay further south. You'll have to rely on taxi, or if you have both a motorcycle/scooter license in your home country and an IDP, you can rent a scooter to get around. Wouldn't recommend to do so if you have neither, as you will likely void your travel insurance because it is illegal.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines