Travel Answers
Ko Chang

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Suggestions about Khao Yai National Park?

Prachin Buri Apr 1, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Hello! We are planning on doing a day trip from BKK to Khao Yai NP. I've heard about some of the guided tours, and the one I've seen most recommended is Greenleaf. Does anybody have any experience getting there and/or getting around the NP? Is a tour worth the 1500 B? Is it better to rent a motorbike to see the NP? Is there a particular route we should take from BKK (bus, van, etc)?

Thanks!

more
    • Can anybody help us get from the city to the bat cave (Wat Khao Chong Pran)?

Ratchaburi Apr 1, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Hi friends! Does anybody know the best way to get to the bat cave mentioned below, after being dropped off at the bus station? We are coming from BKK to Ratchaburi by van, and after that we are a little stuck. We asked a motorbike taxi to take us but he said it was too far. Does anybody have any experience getting there from the city?

Thanks!

more
    • nail salons

Bangkok Apr 13, 2014 at 5:57 AM

Hi.does anyone know whether there are any nail salons in platinum mall or around??

more
    • nail salons

Bangkok Apr 13, 2014 at 3:29 AM

Hello, are there any nail salons in platinum mall?

more
    • Taxi hire at Bang Kok And Pattaya

Bangkok Apr 14, 2014 at 2:42 AM

I am going to visit Bangkok and Pattaya this June. I want to hire a taxi or a cab for sightseen in Bangkok and pattaya. I want a cab from reputed cab operator. Please tell me the numbers, name of taxi operator or tell me how can do my temple tour, Safari park tour etc in Bangkok and Nong nooch village, Tiffany Show in in pattaya.

more
    • Travelling to Bangkok and Pattya for 6 nights

Bangkok Apr 13, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Need advise as travelling with family including two kids of age 7 & 13. What to do as of now planning 3 days in bangkok and 3 days in pattya

more
    • protest in bangkok update?

Bangkok Apr 9, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Hi I will be flying to bangkok this 12-15th of april and will be staying in Bangkok city hotel. Solo traveller here. How is the situation now? anyone here going to bangkok this songkran festival? My first time. I hope I'll enjoy even if I will be travelling alone.

more
    • Where to get a decent haircut (for men) in Bangkok?

Bangkok Apr 8, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Where to get a decent haircut (for men) in Bangkok?

Just a proper decent haircut will do...

more
    • anywhere to shop? are the shops open on songkran 12-16apr 2014?

Bangkok Apr 7, 2014 at 6:58 PM

i am going to travel to bangkok on songkran between 12 april to 16 april. are the shops open? heard from some that most shops are closed. but some said mostly open... pls advise. eg: chatuchak market/plantium mall/partnunam open??

more
    • stamoz's Profile Photo

upcomin visit

Pattaya Mar 31, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Hello there,
      I'm flyin out to Thailand in next couple of days and has been a while since last time I was in Pattaya, does anyone know fares for taxi, red truck, etc. from bus terminal to the beach road? I'm catchin the bus from Suvarnabhumi so as always any kind of suggestions will be very appreciated, thank you.

more
    • SeetaKaur's Profile Photo

Transfer to Suvarnabhumi from Don Muang

Bangkok 22 hours ago

Hi Guys

I really need a piece of advice, my next trip to US have to make me stop at DMK before continue to next flight from BKK airport to save extra money

I will arrive with airasia at DMK around 16:00 if there is no delay for the same day, and my next flight from BKK is 22:40

Am I too ambitious if I choose flight arrived at the same day and proceed to next flight right away? i've tried to search information about possible transport option between this two airports but i just want to be safe, missing flight is the last thing i wanna have

Looking forward to hear from you, and thank you in advance

more
    • sjumani's Profile Photo

Transit at Suvarnabhumi airport.

Bangkok Apr 21, 2014 at 11:56 AM

I have a return flight with Srilankan airlines from Karachi to Shanghai. On the return way I'll be staying at Bangkok and will go to Malaysia by road and will return from Malaysia to BKK by air. All I need to know is that do I have to get a double entry visa of Thailand in order to take Srilankan airlines from Suvarnabhumi? My flight from Srilankan airlines to Karachi is just after a couple of hours of landing at Suvarnabhumi. From KL to BKK I'll take tiger airlines.

more
    • Good hotels near Yanhee hospital or a skytrain stop that will take me nearby?

Bangkok Apr 19, 2014 at 2:22 AM

I am travelling to Bangkok in early May and researching good hotels near Yanhee Hospital. There doesn't seem to be much in immediate area and wondering if the skytrain near Pathumwan Princess would take me near to hospital or how much it would cost and long it would take in a taxi?

Are there still protests outside PP??

Have not been to Bangkok for many years and any help would be most appreciated! :)

more
    • using Airport Link

Bangkok Apr 16, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Now that the Phyai Thai link is closed but Makkasan to Subaranabhumi is still operational. How do I go to Makkasan Airport Link station to go to the Airport? Using either Bus or Metro/train coming from Bangkok Noi, Siriraj Hospital. Thanks

more
    • what soi number is soi Diana ?

Pattaya Apr 11, 2014 at 1:08 PM

is it soi 12 or am i wrong ?

more
    • Is bangkok safe to travel during 17th - 21st april?

Bangkok Apr 9, 2014 at 6:03 AM

I'm thinking of travelling with a friend to bangkok for a short trip from 17th to 21st april. Is it safe to travel there during that period. We'd probably be hanging out around areas such as siam, pratunam, yaowarat areas.

more
    • Chatuchak market

Bangkok Mar 23, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Hi all , any know chatuchak market will be open as normal at 12-apr-2014 ?
      thanks

more
    • barney1987's Profile Photo

Weather In Pattaya in the first week of May

Pattaya Apr 21, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Hi,

I have been to Thailand this year already, where I visited in January and had perfect weather with slight cloud at times. I know May is the start of the monsoon season but I was wondering what it would be like from the 1st May for 1 week? I know it will be hot. With the rain, will there still be some days of clear sun to tan or will it just be cloudy? I've read mixed things..some say it will be clear most days until 4 pm when the rain starts. Others say that it will be cloudy and hot with no sun. I'm looking at just going somewhere that's cheap when I'm out there and to get some winter sun!

I'll be flying into Bangkok so will either go to Pattaya for a close beach or get a flight to Phuket.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Barney

more
    • Sightseeing in Bangkok 12 - 13 April 2014

Bangkok Apr 6, 2014 at 8:27 PM

I understand it will be the Songkran festival over this weekend, inclusive of 12 and 13, but could anyone recommend where to go for sightseeing? Or any attractions...

Probably any floating market and temples to visit that is accessible by BTS?

more
    • Songkran 2014 – Thai New Year 2014?

Bangkok Mar 31, 2014 at 12:31 AM

Hello, I am travelling to Thailand on 10th April for Business purpose but I got news on 13th to 15th April 2014 its Thai New year so it will be holiday (vacation)???

more
    • early morning baht busses

Pattaya Apr 18, 2014 at 12:35 PM

do baht busses run up and down Pattaya Klang from 3rd rd to 2nd rd/Beach rd at 3 or 5 am?

more
    • How far is MBK from Hotel Ibis Siam? Thanks for your help!

Bangkok Apr 16, 2014 at 4:46 AM

Will be travelling to BKK end of April. Planning to stay at Ibis Siam. Any feedback? How far is the shopping zones - MBK etc? Thanks a ton!

more
    • Bangkok safety

Bangkok Apr 3, 2014 at 10:49 PM

HI all,
      ill be travelling is bkk anytime between 15th may -20th. Will it be safe?
      im planning to stay in Baiyoke sky, pratunam...
      will pratunam area be safe?

more
    • Transfer from Bangkok airport to Bangkok City Hotel?

Bangkok Yesterday

Hey it says 25 mins from airport is it best to use tour transfer or taxi? Any company's or price of bus or taxi be great. Thanks x

more
    • Bangkok Shopping

Bangkok Apr 17, 2014 at 5:46 AM

Are the Chatuchak Market and Solum Night Bazzaar safe now a days?

more
    • Quiet Spot on Koh Chang

by AnneKj Online Now Feb 4, 2014 at 5:55 AM

Hi! I look for a nice quiet beach(without noisy bars and watersscooters etc) to swim, get massage and chill out for 8 days and would like to stay in a medium class or medium class + hotel/bungalowsetting situated on the beach. Can anyone recommend me a nice place to go? (I planned to og to Lonely Beach but I heard it is noisy and crowded.)

4 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 11:55 AM
    • I want to go elephant trekking how should I book it?

by sue4marco Online Now Jan 13, 2014 at 3:48 AM

I want to go elephant trekking how should I book it? through the hotel??
      Thank you

3 Answers Jan 13, 2014 at 5:53 AM
    • peteyjim's Profile Photo

Young Family advice?

by peteyjim Online Now Oct 13, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Hi there,
      Just looking at the moment for options. We've a family of 4 with 2 young kids. After any recommendations for midrange beachside resorts -. Happy being near & restaurants bars (but not smack-bang in the middle).
      I hear of a fullmoon/halfmoon party beach... obviously don't want to be there (unless I research my lunar calendar properly).

Cheers in advance.

3 Answers Oct 17, 2013 at 12:39 PM
    • DianaJ15's Profile Photo

What beach is the best beach for thirty-somethings?

by DianaJ15 Online Now Aug 31, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Hi guys! I will be living on Ko Chang island for at least six months to a year. I hear Lonely Beach is the place to be; however, I am over thirty-five and don't want to party every night all night. I want to live in a bungalow preferably on the beach (but I'm open), where there is a more laid-back mature crowd (like thirty- somethings), who party on weekends and maybe hit the bars just a few days out of the week. I will be running my internet business and just don't want to be kept up all night every night. Any suggestions?

4 Answers Sep 1, 2013 at 5:49 PM
    • gay life in koh chang

by peterborough123 Online Now Aug 21, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Hi, does anyone know of any gay life in Koh Chang?? bars?? Also anywhere to get a decent massage while there in October. I was told best place to stay would be Kai Bae beach... any help would be great.

2 Answers Aug 22, 2013 at 5:31 AM
    • Best time to go to Ko Chang?

by michalopoulos Online Now Jul 23, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Hi! I'm looking for budget accomadation in Ko Chang but am unsure what is the best time during the year. I would like to know when is the cheapest time of the year and what time has the best weather. Any advice would be helpful! Thankyou! :)

3 Answers Jul 23, 2013 at 10:16 PM
    • Budget beach accommodation

by gsygirl Online Now Jul 17, 2013 at 2:44 AM

I'm looking for budget accommondation right on the beach, everything seems to be expensive resorts...? I need to book something soon as we intend to be there over christmas and new year and we don't want to get stuck with no where to stay. Any help would be much appreciated :)

3 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 11:59 AM
    • koh chang in august

by margakir Online Now Jul 11, 2013 at 7:32 AM

hello! i am traveling with my husband to thailand at the end of july and we have 4 nights to spend to an island at the end of our trip. i am between koh samet and koh chang. i think koh chang is more beautiful but i concern about the rain there in august. what do you think?

13 Answers Jul 25, 2013 at 4:45 AM
    • Mocha385's Profile Photo

Looking for Private Yoga Instructor

by Mocha385 Online Now Jun 25, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Hi, I am looking to take Private Yoga Classes within easy access to Kai Bae Beach. Any referrals will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2 Answers Jul 1, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Henna Tattooes?

by Mocha385 Online Now Jun 22, 2013 at 12:26 AM

I am looking for a cool place with good sanitary conditions and caring staff to get a Henna Tattoo? Also, what are some interesting things to do for a solo traveler?

Henna Tattooes?

by Mocha385 Online Now Jun 22, 2013 at 12:26 AM

I am looking for a cool place with good sanitary conditions and caring staff to get a Henna Tattoo? Also, what are some interesting things to do for a solo traveler?

4 Answers Jun 24, 2013 at 4:23 AM
    • zenneophyte's Profile Photo

More bars?

by zenneophyte Online Now May 28, 2013 at 11:48 AM

What about "Lek's"? Is it real? Heard - in Trat - it was a good 'un, but where?

1 Answer May 28, 2013 at 3:15 PM
    • Travel from samui

by scratchthetiger Online Now May 4, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Hi, does anybody know if it is possible to get a boat from Samui to Ko Chang?, many thanks Roger.

4 Answers May 4, 2013 at 2:25 PM
    • Koh Chang to Malaysia

by MTD888 Online Now Apr 13, 2013 at 4:16 AM

Hi I'm thinking of going to Koh Chang for about 8 days and then I'd like to spend about 5 days on a beach in Malaysia (not sure where). Is there direct transport from Koh Chang to a nice place in Malaysia? Can you recommend somewhere in Malaysia ... and how to get there?

What I'm trying to avoid is having to go from Trat - Bangkok - to KL - to somewhere else ... it will take up too much time!

Thao

3 Answers Apr 13, 2013 at 9:10 AM
    • gaolei's Profile Photo

Pattaya to Ko Chang

by gaolei Online Now Nov 15, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Is there a good bus to Ko Chang from Pattaya? A bus with good seats, maybe a restroom. Where does it leave from? What time does it run? How often does it go? What is the cost and the time it takes? I have seen an ad for VIP bus, but it looks like they never got off the ground. Thanks!

2 Answers Nov 15, 2012 at 1:10 PM
    • from ko chang to ko pangan

by iharush Online Now May 17, 2012 at 3:35 AM

hi

what is the best way to get from ko chang to ko pangan?
      Do i have to go to bangkok?

thanks
      Itay

4 Answers May 17, 2012 at 7:30 PM
    • Roelofsim's Profile Photo

Where to stay on the Island?

by Roelofsim Online Now Dec 22, 2011 at 4:36 AM

Hi,

We want to visit Koh Chang when we travel to Thailand. Now we need to decide which part to go to on the Island. Hope you have some suggestions. We like some luxury and quiet beaches that have snorkeling possibilities. Furthermore we like local food and some relaxed bars. So we are not looking for the main tourist area, but there must be some activity around us. So a bit like Sairee beach at Koh Tao 10 years ago.

Regards, Roelof

1 Answer Oct 17, 2013 at 12:39 PM
    • Situation - flood

by alegre Online Now Oct 30, 2011 at 6:11 AM

Hello,

Can anyone tell what the situation is on Koh Chang and the road from Bangkok to Trat?
      Is it possible to travel to this site of Thailand?

Thanks.
      astrid

1 Answer Oct 30, 2011 at 9:56 AM
    • bergensanne's Profile Photo

Travel from Bangkok to Ko Chang

by bergensanne Online Now May 18, 2011 at 7:51 AM

we arrive in Bangkok about 3 pm on a thursday at the end of June - and want a week on a tranquil beach somewhere. can anyone help us with the following questions:
      - Can we get to Ko chang that day or are we better off staying the night in Bangkok?
      - As there are four of us (two adults and two kids) - would it be best to get a taxi or a bus?
      - Any suggestions of a nice, relaxing area in Ko Chang where we can try to find accommodation? Would prefer somewhere not too commercial...
      - We'd like a bungalow on the beach - doesn't have to be fancy, just clean and with nice sea views somewhere without late night parties :)

Grateful for any suggestions :)

5 Answers Mar 3, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Travel from Bangkok to Ko Chang

by bergensanne Online Now May 18, 2011 at 7:51 AM

we arrive in Bangkok about 3 pm on a thursday at the end of June - and want a week on a tranquil beach somewhere. can anyone help us with the following questions:
      - Can we get to Ko chang that day or are we better off staying the night in Bangkok?
      - As there are four of us (two adults and two kids) - would it be best to get a taxi or a bus?
      - Any suggestions of a nice, relaxing area in Ko Chang where we can try to find accommodation? Would prefer somewhere not too commercial...
      - We'd like a bungalow on the beach - doesn't have to be fancy, just clean and with nice sea views somewhere without late night parties :)

Grateful for any suggestions :)

Weather conditions in July?

by bergensanne Online Now Mar 15, 2011 at 1:25 PM

We're a family thinking of spending a week on Koh Chang in July, but have heard that the weather can be more unpredictable there than other islands (like Koh samui)during the wet season - also that there are heavier rainfalls when they come. Anyone who has experience from this time of the year?

Would also appreciate advice on what area would be good for a family (kids 8 and 11) wanting peace and quiet by the beach. We'd like basic and clean accommodation by the beach - suggestions welcome :)

2 Answers Mar 23, 2011 at 10:39 AM
    • pacsail's Profile Photo

Koh Chang swimming

by pacsail Online Now Dec 11, 2010 at 6:41 AM

My wife and I have been coming to Thailand for 5 years and have visited most of the islands on both sides of the mainland. Because I like clear water and swim long distance, we've really enjoyed Koh Tao, having coral & tropical fish, right off the beach from our Bungalows. Is there a beach in Koh Chang similar to Koh Tao with clear water right off the beach and perhaps a bit of coral and tropical fish to keep it entertaining? If not, would you have another destination you'd recommend, I'd appreciate it.

Thank-you. Marc

1 Answer Mar 22, 2011 at 7:38 AM
    • eddymario's Profile Photo

Ko Chang in December

by eddymario Online Now Nov 20, 2010 at 3:27 AM

Hi,

I am considering to visit Ko Chang in the middle of December. Is this a good time to visit the island, is the water not to rough for snorkeling. I am looking for a peaceful and not to expensive place to stay. Can anyone give me some advice, pls.

Thanks,
      Eddy

3 Answers Nov 20, 2010 at 8:29 AM
    • FHO's Profile Photo

Transportation from BKK (airport)- to Ko Chang

by FHO Online Now Nov 14, 2010 at 8:45 AM

Hi guys!
      We arrive in the morning to BKK (08:30) and would like to get to Ko Chang the same day.
      Could you help us with the tips on how to get the budjet way from the airport in BKK to Ko Chang?
      I realize there some buses to Trat and then a boat but I can`t find time tables for both and aprox prices?

Could someone also suggest wjat to see around Ko Chang? Maybe some other islands to visit with overnight stay?

All ideas are very welcome!!!

1 Answer Nov 16, 2010 at 3:28 AM
    • Ko Chang from Laos!

by benztof Online Now Sep 15, 2010 at 5:03 AM

Hey all.. I'm planning a trip through Vietnam, into Laos.. to Ko Chang.. then flying out of Bangkok.. Can someone tell me how to get to Ko Chang from Vientienne, Laos.. or Luang Prabang.. Do I have to go to Bangkok and catch a bus? What kind of travel time am I looking at? I'm sure at least a day? I CANNOT take any more planes.. so bus or boat will be my only option.. THanks!

Benjamin

1 Answer Sep 15, 2010 at 10:29 AM
    • Transportation

by sagarlaad Online Now Jun 15, 2010 at 4:42 AM

how do u get to the peirs from the airport???

1 Answer Jun 15, 2010 at 10:06 PM
    • Fonda_leisure's Profile Photo

Koh Chang in May = good times or too hot/rainy?

by Fonda_leisure Online Now Feb 2, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Hi there!
      I have loosely-booked 6 nights on Koh Chang in the first week of May - but am wondering if I should choose another island, as someone mentioned Koh Chang may be too hot? Bearing in mind I am from NZ, and anything over 35 degrees means I turn into a hot mess.

Any advice as to where to go in the first week of May in Thailand would be of great help!!!

Thanks

8 Answers Mar 16, 2010 at 2:53 PM
    • kevinborg's Profile Photo

Transport From Trat (Koh Chang) To Pattaya

by kevinborg Online Now Jan 26, 2010 at 11:22 PM

I'd like to know what's the best means of transport to travel from Koh Chang in Trat to Pattaya? Are there any good links by ferry/boat or by bus? Pls also give me a rough idea of the duration of the journey and the prices. What interests me is the route Koh Chang (Trat) - Pattaya only.Thanks...

4 Answers Jan 30, 2010 at 2:20 AM
    • Suggels

by snuggels123 Online Now Nov 2, 2009 at 8:41 AM

LONELY BEACH Anyone got any info on reasonably priced places to stay and whats the place like? Resort Facilties

• Riding a motorbike

by chris5153 Online Now Oct 5, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Hi,

It will be my first time on Ko Chang. I like to get around on a motorbike as I have done previously on island's like Ko Phangan & Ko Samui. I was wondering if the roads are safe to ride on. I would probably be travelling from White Sand Beach to as far as Kai Bae Beach & Lonely Beach. I know some of the roads are bad & I don't want to take chances but it would be good if this stretch of road was OK. Also how long would it take to ride this stretch & do you have to wear a helmet (good advise I know but is it enforced).

2 Answers Oct 6, 2009 at 2:50 AM