Ko Chang Travel Answers

change location
bergensanne's Profile Photo

Travel from Bangkok to Ko Chang

by bergensanne Online Now May 18, 2011 at 7:51 AM

we arrive in Bangkok about 3 pm on a thursday at the end of June - and want a week on a tranquil beach somewhere. can anyone help us with the following questions:
- Can we get to Ko chang that day or are we better off staying the night in Bangkok?
- As there are four of us (two adults and two kids) - would it be best to get a taxi or a bus?
- Any suggestions of a nice, relaxing area in Ko Chang where we can try to find accommodation? Would prefer somewhere not too commercial...
- We'd like a bungalow on the beach - doesn't have to be fancy, just clean and with nice sea views somewhere without late night parties :)

Grateful for any suggestions :)

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • explore_discover's Profile Photo

Re: Travel from Bangkok to Ko Chang

by explore_discover Online Now May 18, 2011 at 8:06 AM

You can go to Koh Chang directly from Airport, providing that your flight arrival time cordinates with the Bus departure

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • explore_discover's Profile Photo

by explore_discover Online Now May 18, 2011 at 8:09 AM

ikohchang.com/bangkok-kohcha...
    for the bus schedule.

Otherwise you can take the Bus from Eastern Bus Terminal (Ekkamai) at Sukhumvit Road, frequent departures to Trat and ferry/boat to the island

• mim95's Profile Photo

by mim95 Online Now May 18, 2011 at 11:10 AM

I doubt that you would be able to get to Ko Chang on the same day, unless there is a bus leaving from the airport that late.

I would suggest you to head to Pattaya first for the night instead of going the opposite way into Bangkok. There should be buses / minibuses from there to Ko Chang. There are direct buses from BKK airport to Pattaya.

• Re: Travel from Bangkok to Ko Chang

by yippie65 Online Now May 22, 2011 at 11:02 PM

try reading below link :
    iamkohchang.com/getting-to-k...

it helpful info for u to decide

• morochaargentina's Profile Photo

by morochaargentina Online Now Mar 3, 2012 at 6:00 PM

You will NOT be able to make it the same day (unless you fly), since the last ferry to Koh Chang leaves at 7pm and it will take you around 5 to 6 hours to get to the ferry (I know by experience! we lost the ferry and we had to sleep in Tran... NOT a good idea, LOL, you'd be better in BKK and leave for Koh Chang early the next morning)

We stayed in 2 different places Aana Resort and Tropical Beach, I recommend both of them, none of them is commercial and there are no parties at night... For what we've seen, Koh Chang was very quiet, we loved it! I wrote reviews for both of them.

We took a van to get there and the bus to come back, we liked the bus better than the van and it's a LOT cheaper (more leg room!). Taxi would be around100 USD, bus is6 USD each, Van was40 for us and the luggage... Ferry is 2USD round trip (45 minutes) and then the taxi on the Island depends to where you go, and if you are willing to share it or not (they called them "taxis" but they are trucks with seats... pretty funny!)

ALSO; if you take the shared van, they will charge you extra for the luggage (since it takes the spot of another person)

I hope that helps! Have fun!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines