Travel Answers
Ko A Dang

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• tuhina.tomar's Profile Photo

overnight tour to koh phi phi islands on liveabroad tour on a boat.

Ko Phi Phi Don Feb 19, 2015 at 4:47 AM

1. What are the options for liveabroad tour on a boat to koh phi phi islands from phuket? Travelling on a tight budget.

2. Do we need to pre book these tour or we can easily get these tours on the spot/a day prior!?

more
    • simiritch's Profile Photo

Snorkling and diving Easy transport to Bangkok?

Thailand Feb 22, 2015 at 10:33 PM

Hi,

Gonna be in Hong Kong for work and want to end my trip with a 4-5 day getaway to a gorgeous beach in Thailand. Two main criteria, needs to be adjacent to a great beach with access to snorkeling/diving, and a decent room with A/C. Ya, I'm a pansy and need comfort, I admit it.

Going in mid-May. I hope I can take a shuttle/bus/cab/ferry from Bangkok that is no more than a couple hours. I've never been to Thailand and have no idea of what transportation is available. Do I need to get on a smaller plane and take another plane ride to this? Well maybe someone has a good suggestion before I resort to that.

Icing on the cake would be a suggestion for a dive company near this fantasy area.

Thanks!

more
    • How can I get from Bangkok to Kamphaeng Phet by bus or train?

Kamphaeng Phet Feb 10, 2015 at 10:59 AM

I would like to have some information from where I can catch a bus or train (also with some reviews on transportation) to travel from Bangkok station to Kamphaeng Phet (about 5hrs away from Bangkok 347km) please.

If you can send me websites or contacts info, it would be highly appreciated.

kindly reply to virtualtourist. thanks

more
    • limkahwan's Profile Photo

First time to Issan

Thailand Feb 28, 2015 at 4:05 AM

My option is open for advise. I will be continuing my trip from Bangkok. Please advise where should I start my trip? Tips that I should not missed, must visit places.

more
    • Induc's Profile Photo

Visit to safari world

Bangkok Feb 18, 2015 at 4:00 AM

I ma taking kids to Bangkok and would like to visit Dreamworld and safari world. I would like to know if they have shows in English language. If not, then is it possible to get translation of script in English

more
    • tuhina.tomar's Profile Photo

Most romantic resort or a pool villa in and around Phuket

Phuket Feb 2, 2015 at 9:20 AM

Hi All,

Its our first anniversary in April and I want it the most romantic 2 days possible but on a budget :)
      we are travelling to Thailand for 10 days, spending 4 days in Phuket, we need a pool villa or a very romantic beach resort sort of an accommodation for 2 nights and 2 days...spending not more than 125$ - 140$ per night at max!

we are okay to stay Kho Phi Phi or similar Island as well..

any suggestions please??

Thank you,
      Regards,
      Tuhina

more
    • cost of massages

Phuket Feb 23, 2015 at 11:57 AM

cost of beach massages in phuket please

more
    • mickey.p's Profile Photo

Where to stay, what to do and weather in July?

Bangkok Yesterday

I am looking at 3-4 nights in Bangkok in July with my partner and teenage son.

Any suggestions on areas to stay with easy access to transport and western eateries (Autistic son will not eat non western food!).

We are more than happy with Ibis, Holiday Inn type chains but open to alternatives too. I have booked the Rembradt many times but I am trying to keep costs down without cost to standard.

Any suggestions on what to do would also be great - we have temples, floating market on the list and it has been suggested that we do the River Kwai trip too, oh and a Tiger Temple but I know nothing of this.

We love to shop and explore cultures, happy to take our son to see ladyboys etc - we are very open minded and don't hide him from the world.

more
    • Best place for couple massage

Thailand Feb 21, 2015 at 10:18 AM

hi, we are a couple and visiting Bangkok /Pattaya around 8th March 2015. Can someone suggest good place for couple massage in Bagkok or Pattaya. Also suggest good nightlife options for couple to go out and enjoy. Thanks in advance.

more
    • hiring entertainment

Ko Chang Feb 20, 2015 at 3:20 AM

Hello. I was wondering if you can help.
      I am getting in married in Koh Chang on April 5th. It is just a small wedding on the beach and for after the meal we want a singer/guitarist to play (background music and so people can have a dance, new music and classics). Our previous entertainer is unable to attend and wondered if there is anyone you can recommend? Your help is very much appreciated.
      Many thanks

Ian

more
    • Mikebb's Profile Photo

Best Venues For Buffet Lunch At Better Hotels Or Restaurants.

Bangkok Feb 9, 2015 at 1:24 AM

Have Just Arrived In Bangkok For 5 Nights And Would Like To Take My Wife For Lunch Or Afternoon Tea Whilst Here This Week
      2 Years Since We Last Visited And Enjoyed Lunch At The Oriental, A Few Years Earlier Buffet At Peninsula Hotel, Was Just OK.
      Also Enjoy The Shanghri La Hotel Buffet And The Hyatt Erawan Afternoon Thai High Tea.

Appreciat Any Suggestions.

more
    • Transportation from Trat Airport to Trat City

Trat Feb 5, 2015 at 5:30 AM

Does anyone know if there are songtaews from Trat Airport to Trat City. If so, does anyone by any chance have the phone number of a reliable songtaew?

I will be going there in April 2015. So far the only transportation I have been able to find is the overpriced service by Bangkok Airways and Koh Chang Minibus.

Thanks in advance.

more
    • 3 days at Bangkok - advice

Bangkok Yesterday

Hi , I am travelling to Bangkok from Singapore for couple of days arriving BKK on 25 th March and returning back to Dubai on 28 th 3 pm. I will reach BKK around 2 pm and expected to be out by 3 -3.30 and planning to catch a city line raillink from airport and then the bts Sky train to ploen chit to my hotel Majestic grande. Next day I am planning the Temple trips in the morning.
      1.Please advice the best time and way to go to the temple? Nana to silom to takin and then river appears to be the best from the various answers in the site?
      2. How long it will take to cover the temples and grand palace?
      3. what else I can do on that day ? Or the temple hoping and palace itself is too much for a day?
      4 any advice for the next day I e 27 th Marching Bangkok or for a short side trip? No pan to tiger temple or ayuthaya anyway, but like to go floating market if it's not just a touristy thing and possible.
      5 on 28 th March , I am flying back to dubai by 3 pm flight. Being a Saturday how early I should start from sukhumvit hotel and what is the best mode of transportation to airport ? Same bts+ city lane or taxi?
      I am a solo traveller.

Thanks,

Jarim

more
    • Monk Chat in Chiang Rai

Chiang Rai Feb 23, 2015 at 12:40 PM

Does anyone know if its possible to chat with monks here - or is that just in Chiang Mai?

more
    • Induc's Profile Photo

Money withdrawal in bangkok

Bangkok Feb 18, 2015 at 4:04 AM

I am given to understand that Thai government charges lot of money for each transaction on credit or debit card. Is there a Bank ATM where we can withdraw Thai currency with no extra Government levies.
      Induc

more
    • Taxi from Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport to Ban Phe Pier

Ko Samet Feb 6, 2015 at 10:23 PM

How much is a taxi directly from the airport to Ban Phe Pier (to go on to Ko Samet)? Is there a difference in price if we prebook a taxi vs just getting one at the airport once we arrive? Thanks

more
    • Early morning arrival to BKK

Bangkok Feb 2, 2015 at 12:42 PM

Hi,

me and my GF will be arriving Bangkok just after midnight and have only about 9 hours before our flight to Surat Thani.

Are there any places open at this time we should see?

I was thinking of having a drink at some rooftop bar, but they all seem to around 1am.

Thanks

Daniel

more
    • return ticket

Thailand Feb 15, 2015 at 2:20 AM

i plan on traveling the world and thailand will be my first location to visit.

i've heard that i must have a return ticket to my country.

i come form israel and according to what i saw i must come with return ticket to israel and not anywhere else, laos for example isn't good for them.

then how is it possible for me to travel like that while i wannna visit many countries with one way ticket as i don't know exactly when i'll leave them..

ill be happy for help , thanks.

more
    • Cindy01's Profile Photo

Traveling solo

Phuket Feb 5, 2015 at 11:45 AM

Hi, has anyone on here traveled to Phuket by themselves?

more
    • SeetaKaur's Profile Photo

Just Realized My Passport is 180 Days exactly before leaving the Country, What to do :(

Thailand Feb 13, 2015 at 6:23 AM

Hi,

I know before you jumped to conclusion what were you think before, i was in a very bad and stressed moment, for 2 months instant and non stops problems, i was so focused with so many things happening around me and i missed this, i book a flight for a short vacation to thailand saving me from further depression and doing something stupid with my life, all is booked, ticket, hotels, tours all set

Flight leaving my country Indonesia 15th February, and its just 5 days, now when i tried to web check in, i was denied and informed your passport is expired and you can't check in, so this is the irony, today is friday even if i want to do a super express passport remake tomorrow is saturday, so no immigration office open, and flight leaving on sunday, i was travelling with friend and he is from a different city, i was expected to guide since i have better understanding with direction, and at least basic english to communicate

I am seriously sad with this, i was hoping this is at least helping me feeling better with my situation and when i am doing this i am very shocked about my stupidity and ignorance in the same time

Now what am i supposed to do?

1.Just showed up in airport? trying my luck? i read few forums in tripadvisor, actually many of them denied on board, even if one manage, they were deported immediately from immigrant office in thailand

2. Just accept it, and take a deep breath, i got way too many problems already anyway, what is one more right... :(

Still trying to convince my friend he shouldn't cancel all his trip because of my lack of attention for important details

more
    • SOUTH ASIA/THAILAND NEED HELP PLANNING

Thailand Feb 2, 2015 at 8:28 PM

A few friends and I about 3-6 girls are planning on going to South Asia in the Summer…

Our schedules are flexible but I feel like more then 3 weeks would be much so I’d like to keep it around that.
      We are thinking end of JUNE till MID JULY or anytime from end of JULY -mid AUG

Are those times good (weather, people, prices)? Is there anytime in specific thats better? Any suggestions or advice in regards to our dates?

What we know for sure is that we want to go to THAILAND, but we definitely want to try and squeeze in another country.. as I know I won’t be going back to south asia anytime soon, or maybe even ever.. I see that cambodia, malayisia is very popular to sub with thailand but have read that those countries are big and lots to do/see in its self. I see that singapour seems to be smaller and can be done in a few days.. So we were thinking of flying into thailand and then leaving out of singapour…

Haven’t really thought about the transport from thailand to singapour.. I am guessing a flight? How does that work? Are trains good there? I know that in europe trains are amazing between cities…. is it like that in thailand between the thailand cities? if there is trains do the trains also go to singapour? what would be my best option of going to the other country from thailand.. Do trains need to be booked in advance, anything I should know keep i mind? I’ve been to greece and the boat rides haven’t been bad, do they have that in thailand.. how does that work? For what cities would I use it?

Im not 100% set on singapour though, is it a place worth going to?
      We like pretty scenery, doing cool things but not dangerous, we love culture, and something different, i don’t want to see the same thing as we would have done in thailand. We are from california so we have beaches here etc. so I’m also not so interested in going somewhere to just see the “ BEACH” but we do like islands that are more then just a “ beach” and have culture and character to it .. for example i loved cinque terre in italy.. . We like places with like open markets, cool shopping.. etc. For religious reasons the food won’t really matter as we won’t be eating at restaurants so much..

What do you guys suggest? Any other countries in south aisia we should consider subbing with Thailand? Somewhere that will be as I explained above…and somewhere that can fit into thailand with the 3 weeks..

Are all the cities in thailand different from one another? Which ones should we definitely go through, any suggestions on a city itinerary for thailand for about the 2 weeks, assuming the other week will be the other country we choose.. We’ll be flying into bangkok..

How is the currency there? I have been told that with US $ we will be rich there, does that mean like NICE hotels would be only $40 bucks a night or something? If someone can help me get a better idea of things and what we can get for how much.. etc.

We want to make sure to be safe, so we want to stay ini hotels that are legit— not necessarily 5 star as we are on a budget, but a decent budget.. Definitely no hostels.. Somewhere we can feel secure, safe and comfortable.

How do the room situations work in THAILAND? In europe rooms are tiny and can only fit a specific amount, for example either 2, 3, or 4.. but most times more then 2 is rare so you have to get 2 rooms.. Is thailand similar to Europe or more to america or? Do most include breakfast? If you can please give me an idea of the rooms/hotels situations in thailand.. What should we keep in mind when booking hotels… any specific recommendations for good ones in the main cities of thailand?

Any suggestions in regards to packing, how to spend money, ( credit card, cash?) We are girls and we do like to look cute, were definitely not planning on doing “ backpacking” but at the same time we understand that thailand is laid back etc.. but any advice on what to pack etc.?

Any help feedback/advice would GREATLY be appreciated. This is my first time planning anything in the south asia region and I am SO lost! so many names to know and places, a little overwhelming..

more