Knysna

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Overnight stops on the way from Johannesburg to Knysna

by Paulie20000 Online Now 20 hours ago

I am driving my classic car from Johannesburg to Knysna, and I would like to split the trip sort of 65% drive then stay over, and drive the last 35% the following day. Do you have any suggested routes and stopovers?

1 Answer 20 hours ago
    • faynshao's Profile Photo

TRANSPORT,ACCOMODATION AND ACTIVITIES IN KNYSNA

by faynshao Online Now Sep 25, 2013 at 4:17 AM

Hi there, please advise on the best way to get to knysna, the best areas for accomodation and how to get hold of activities organiser (eg horse riding, sunset cruse and the lake tour.)

Thank you.

4 Answers Oct 31, 2013 at 9:45 AM
    • ruffled's Profile Photo

Night forest drive

by ruffled Online Now Jan 3, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Hi, I just came across a tour for a 2 hour night drive through thick indigenous forest promising a range of animals (bushbuck, baboon, nocturnal porcupine,
      bushpig, honey badger, caracul and sometimes leopard, sunset bats, fieldmouse families, and the Clawless Cape Otter). I know enough of the elephant population in that area, so I'm not holding my breath to spot any.
      But I generally want to know if this would be a worthwhile drive to do? what are the chances of actually spotting something?

I am doing a night safari in Kruger (although the flora and fauna are different) and I will be taking a day time hike through the Knysna forests. Should I skip the night drive?

Thanks in advance! :)

7 Answers Jan 4, 2013 at 9:15 AM
    • Self drive cape town to knysna

by alicemk Online Now Mar 25, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Hi,

We are planning a trip december/january 2012/2013 to cape town. We will spend from the 17th to 23rd decemeber in cape town, then 23rd to 27th december either paarl or stellenbosh and from there we would like to go to knysna and be back in cape town around 2 ou 3 january 2013.

I would like any sugestion re the road and any accomaodation in between as i don 't want to travel in one day.

We are travelling with our 3 girls ( 16,14 and 9)/

Thanks very much!

Alice

10 Answers Jul 1, 2012 at 3:50 AM
    • Travel to and from Knysna

by ArvindGoel Online Now Dec 9, 2011 at 9:00 AM

I am from India and plan to travel to Knysna from Cape Town with wife and 13 year old daughter in last week of December. I want recommendation on Route 62 or N2 in terms of road conditions, travel time, safety and scenic beauty.

I am in Knysna for two nights before travelling to Port Elizabeth to catch a flight at 12:30 PM. What would be the good time to leave Knysna to reach Port Elizabeth in safe time and how is the journey?

I would really appreciate some tips.

Arvind

1 Answer Feb 19, 2014 at 3:46 PM
    • jo104's Profile Photo

Little bit of help required

by jo104 Online Now Oct 3, 2011 at 6:05 AM

My husband is coming to Cape Town for a month to meet the folks for the 1st time! And of course see how beautiful my birth country is. Anyway its been a while since I jumped in a car and did any travelling so I need a bit of help.

I am planning about 5-6 nights on the garden route. 1st day driving N2 should I stop the first night in Wilderness or just carry on to Knysna & stay there for 2 nights? The furthest we want to go is Storms River, I can’t remember Plett being fantastic but then again things may have changed would there be any reasonable game lodge to stay at? Or we are thinking to do backpackers places private rooms. So at storms river he wants to bungee & I’d like to do a bit of walking or back water tubing or something fun but safe.

Then we plan to visit Cango Caves Outshoorn I am thinking it would be better to go back to Wilderness and get onto the R62 there would that be best? So I could either spend that evening in Wilderness or Outshoorn and go to the caves & ostrich fam in the morning/afternoon then head on the R62 towards Du Toits kloof and maybe spend one more night en route at Robertson or anyone suggest a game park there?

My husband is from Sri Lanka & loves the sea but I want to show him the other things as well we have to offer. Any help will be greatly appreciated

4 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 3:46 PM
    • norah123's Profile Photo

Knysna or Plettenberg Bay

by norah123 Online Now Oct 4, 2010 at 3:41 AM

Would like advice on whether to spend the 2 nights we have in the area around Knysna staying in Knysna itself or in Plettenberg Bay. Don't want to split the stay into two 1 night stopovers. We move on to Swellendam from there and then to Cape Town.
      Thanks.

3 Answers Mar 25, 2011 at 3:45 AM
    • tini58de's Profile Photo

3 Day Garden Route Tour

by tini58de Online Now Jan 17, 2009 at 12:43 PM

I am posting this question both in the Knysna and the Cape Town Forum, because we are looking into different possibilities to experience a tiny bit of the Garden Route while visiting South Africa this coming April.

We do have a pretty tight schedule, staying with friends in Cape Town, planning various day trips from Cape Town, weekends with friends and hoping to find just a little bit of time to see a little bit of the Garden Route.

Our wish would be a 3 day/2 nights tour from Cape Town to whereever (Knysna) seeing as much as possible (or as different as possible). What we do NOT like all that much is all this commercial/artificial kind of stuff: Aloe Factory, Ostrich Eggs/Farm/Riding/Petting..... if you know what I mean!

We were hoping to either find a 3 day tour to Knysna and back or go to Knysna, stay there for 2 nights and book (half) day trips from there....

Do you have any advice, if this is feasable? Any Knysna B&B recommendations? Bus recommendations? Tour operator recommendations?

Any advice is highly appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

1 Answer Feb 19, 2014 at 3:45 PM
    • Garden route driving

by kinkladze Online Now Oct 22, 2005 at 10:42 AM

Hi there

Travelling down from Cape Town to Knysna and Plettenberg Bay and wondering how long it will take to drive. Planning to use the N2.

Thanks

K.

3 Answers Oct 27, 2005 at 8:29 AM
    • Phantom Forrest & Bungee jumping

by Celticgirl Online Now Jul 5, 2004 at 5:33 AM

Hi, I am returning to the beautiful Cape in November after 18 years absence. I lived in Cape Town for 4 years and my daughter was born there, so I want to show my kids just how beautiful South Africa is. We are staying in a log cabin in the Phantom Forest for part of the trip and wondered, as it is isolated, will it be safe, especially at night? Also, my daredevil children want to do the world's highest bungee jump from the Bloukrans Bridge while we are there. Any info on this - safety, price etc?

7 Answers Mar 26, 2011 at 3:01 AM
    • information at knysa

by estelleschreuder Online Now Oct 23, 2003 at 12:43 AM

could you please advise the date of the knysna cycle race for July 2004

1 Answer Jul 12, 2005 at 4:40 PM
    • is it safe

by whotsobad Online Now Jan 16, 2003 at 2:28 PM

can you tell me how long it takes to travel down from johannesburg to knysna, and is it safe?? and where are the best places to see

4 Answers Mar 25, 2011 at 3:52 AM