Knoxville

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Any safe affordable hotels close to UT Medical

Memphis 51 minutes ago

Spending a week at UT Dental, 875 Union Ave. Need a hotel ideally within walking distance, but most say no such hotel exists in that area. Suggestions?

more
    • Family Activites

Fayetteville Apr 2, 2014 at 12:29 PM

My family and I are coming to town 4/20-4/22 to look at some land in hopes of making Fayetteville, TN our home soon. Can you tell me something we can do for animal loving kids that will help make them excited about the area? They are 7 & 8.

more
    • tour from nashille to momoth caves in kentucky

Nashville Mar 28, 2014 at 4:24 PM

We will be visiting Nashville next july and saw that the mamoth caves national park isnt that far from it in Kentucky. The probleme we are facing is we will not have a car so i wondered if there were any guided tour, transportation or solution for us to see the caves. The best scenarios would be a small tour operator that could bring us there and back in nashville afterward... but if there is any busses going there, that could drop us off at the caves that could do.. we are also going to chicago by grayhound bus after the nashville stop so it could be a stop along the way.... any ideas? we would like to see them. thanks.

more
    • transportation from Knoxville to Memphis

Memphis Apr 15, 2014 at 6:24 PM

what is the best way to get tthere?

more
    • getting to green hill mall

Nashville Apr 14, 2014 at 8:57 AM

can you get a bus from Nashville to the mall at green hills or how much would it be by taxi

more
    • pigeon forge to memphis

Pigeon Forge Apr 7, 2014 at 12:37 AM

just wanna ask what is the cheapest transportation from pigeon forge going to memphis?

more
    • chipper99's Profile Photo

Taxi to Graceland

Memphis Mar 19, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Hi. Silly question but trying to price everything up. How much would a taxi cost from downtown Memphis to Graceland?

Thanks,
      Chipper

more
    • Where is the exhibit that is about Jesus Christ's life?

Gatlinburg Mar 19, 2014 at 12:49 PM

Where is the exhibit that is about Jesus Christ's life?

more
    • Vacationing Advice for Gatlinburg / Smokey's

Gatlinburg Apr 8, 2014 at 11:29 AM

My 12 yr. old Boy and I are vacationing for the first time this summer (June) in the Smokey’s. We are from MO, and like to fish for catfish, bass etc. I was wondering about fishing in the area I see Douglas Lake looks good but it is so large, we are staying in Gatlinburg area how far is it to Douglas, which part of the lake do we go to driving from Gatlinburg, etc. Sorry I'm a newbie. I have actual been to the Smokey’s but it was about 20 yrs ago. :) Also any advice on fun things to do for kids and adults. Shows, go carts, etc. Good places to eat. And were not to go and waste my time and money. I know this is a lot of questions any help would really be appreciated! , Father & Son Trip!!
      Thanks!!!

more
    • Transportion During Fan Fare

Nashville Apr 3, 2014 at 7:35 AM

Are various means of transportation available continually throughout Fan Fare, Buses, Trolleys, cabs, etc.
      Or is it recommended to get a rental car. We are staying at a condominium.

more
    • arriving at Greyhound station

Memphis Apr 1, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Is there shuttle service available to downtown hotels?

more
    • crossing from memphis to arkansas without a car?

Memphis Mar 24, 2014 at 9:56 PM

i would like to go to arkansas just for the trhill of it, any idea where or how to cross the river from memphis on foot or for cheap and quick? anything fun to see on the other side? how much for a taxi ride back and forth(approx)

more
    • Spring Time

by godschild777 Online Now Sep 18, 2013 at 9:15 AM

I have heard that Spring time is just as beautiful as Fall time in Tn! I would like to know when the best time for peak Spring time?

1 Answer Sep 18, 2013 at 11:51 AM
    • janke_M's Profile Photo

Help

by janke_M Online Now Jun 6, 2012 at 7:18 AM

There was a restaurant i used to go to as a kid in the short time I lived in TN, I cant for the life of me remember the name- maybe someone out here does?
      It used to have a jail cell you could eat in, a double decker bus, a firetruck- all of these were literally in the restaurant for you to dine in- i remember they used to give these plastic alagators with the kids meals. Does anyone happen to remember the name of that place???

2 Answers Jun 6, 2012 at 10:00 AM
    • First Christmas in East Tennessee

by Sparrow79 Online Now Dec 5, 2011 at 3:35 AM

My husband and I moved to Knoxville less than a year ago from florida, so this will be our first Christmas here in east TN. My mom is also spending Christmas with us and I was wondering what are some fun holiday events in the area, great places to view lights and all the fun holiday things to do. We are looking for cheap or free things to do, as cash is tight. Thank you in advance and Merry Christmas!

3 Answers Dec 5, 2011 at 9:44 AM
    • Kat System, i don't understand. need help

by lovenewyawk Online Now Jul 20, 2011 at 5:08 AM

I need to get from 301 Church Avenue, to 100 East Magnolia Avenue? How would I do using the Kat System?

1 Answer Jul 20, 2011 at 12:33 PM
    • Has anybody ever heard of these cabins in the Knoxville, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge area?

by boatnharleylover Online Now Jun 15, 2010 at 5:04 PM

I have been looking for any information on KT Cabins - www.tncabins4rent.com Has anyone ever stayed at them before?

• shuttle bus?

by danay Online Now May 19, 2009 at 5:02 PM

please suggest ways my son can get to Knoxville from either Atlanta, Nashville or Asheville airports to UT. Thanks

2 Answers Oct 24, 2013 at 4:52 PM
    • Secluded ocean front

by sandman3838 Online Now Aug 30, 2008 at 10:37 PM

Hello
      I'm new to the East cost.
      I just moved here from the Pacific Northwest.

Id there anyone out there who has taken trips along the coast lines?

Would any of you have any suggestions for a beach area on the Atlantic or Gulf side that is note a tourist trap but a real beach. You know with the nice beach, some sand dunes, some seagulls and the usual stuff. Smell of the surf and all that. It can be a park or wildlife area. Just someplace without all the hotels lining the beach. I'm not looking to stay over night, its just for a day.

Any suggestions?

2 Answers Sep 2, 2008 at 2:08 PM
    • Canoeing/kayaking?

by askantik Online Now Feb 28, 2008 at 2:20 PM

What are some nice places to do this? Nothing too extreme :)

• UT FOOTBALL GAME

by noveita Online Now Oct 14, 2007 at 7:05 PM

Do you know of any marinas that charter a houseboat with a captain to the football game?

• Spade's Profile Photo

Hotels near Neyland Stadium

by Spade Online Now Apr 6, 2006 at 3:18 PM

I'm coming out to Knoxville for the CAL - Tennesse game in September, and would like to stay walking distance to the stadium. Is that possible?

3 Answers May 17, 2006 at 7:46 AM
    • Spring flowers

by cathy9510usa Online Now Feb 13, 2006 at 2:49 AM

Hi,

Could anyone tell me rough times when dogwood, redbud, rhododendron, and azaleas usuallu bloom. Ballpark figures are OK, of course, as I realize it can vary from year to year. Thanks in advance.

• Hotels

by GL7 Online Now Nov 7, 2004 at 2:43 PM

Hi, My husband and are will be visiting Knoxville in June 2005. As we will not have a car to travel about we wondered if anyone could suggest hotels that are on the trolley route. We are looking for a medium priced hotel/ apartment preferable with kitchen or microwave and fridge. Or failing that a good B&B. Thanks . GL7

2 Answers Mar 13, 2005 at 8:28 AM
    • need help planning vacation

by COTraveler Online Now Jun 2, 2004 at 10:35 AM

Hi, I am planning a vacation to a Fairfield timeshare condo and my choices are TN Glade (73 W of knoxville), TN Smoky Mts. (28m E of knoxville near Sevierville), NC Sapphire Valley or NC Lake Lure. Does anyone know anything about these areas to help me make a choice? It would be my husband, myself and our 2 year old child. We are outside people and do not play golf. Having a small child will limit our activities (no white water rafting or horseback riding). The condo availability is Aug, Sept or early Oct. Being from dry Colorado I am a bit worried about the humidity there, so am leaning towards Oct. However, I am afraid we would miss all the summer activities like street fairs and waterparks which close the end of Aug. Please respond ASAP since I have to decide right away. Thanks for any input!

4 Answers Jun 14, 2004 at 11:40 AM
    • Knoxville Living

by LeavinNY Online Now May 6, 2004 at 11:46 AM

I am a 24 year old social worker. I am looking to try a new city and was wondering if someone could tell me a little about Knoxville. I want to live in a city with laid back, open minded people. I hope to live in an area with other people close to my age. Is downtown Knoxville expensive? Fun? Stuff to do? I prefer to live in an area where there is a lot of action and stuff to do within walking distance. Would that be downtown Knoxville? Any info anyone could provide would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

1 Answer May 6, 2004 at 11:55 AM
    • Moving to the Knoxville area

by klc364 Online Now Jul 27, 2003 at 7:42 PM

Hello everyone, My family and I are moving to the Knoxville area in a few months. We have been up a few times to check out the area, we loved Seymour. I have a large family with six children, I am looking for a very family oriented neighborhood. Can anyone suggest a specific area of Knoxville that I should look, and possibly areas to avoid? Thank-You!

4 Answers Sep 8, 2003 at 1:24 AM
    • naturechica's Profile Photo

Thinking of moving to the area................

by naturechica Online Now Jul 15, 2003 at 9:49 AM

hello dear VT barrio, i need your advice and knowledge.........i am trying to get a job (public school teacher) in the area......however, i have not spent much time there. i am attracted to the region for many reasons.....geography, the university, etc.........so, i guess what i am asking is, what r your opinions of the place? do u think it is a good chioce for a 30 yr old single woman??? etc....... help me make the chioce!!!! long live VT!!!! besos, krista

3 Answers Aug 7, 2003 at 9:21 PM
    • Espresso_girl's Profile Photo

Moving

by Espresso_girl Online Now Jul 10, 2003 at 7:55 AM

I'm moving back to Knoxville after a year in Florida. Does anyone know of or have a good place to rent in the west end of town?

• weather!

by wramsaur Online Now May 25, 2003 at 3:27 PM

I can imagine that spring and fall are beautiful in Knoxville, but would like to know what summer and winter are like. Is summer hot and humid? I grew up in Atlanta where you melt in the summer - I'm sure Knoxville is better but does it swelter too? If so, for how many months? Also, winter.... I've read Knoxville gets 10-11 inches of snow. What is impact? Are mountain roads awful? How bout in city? Does cold keep you inside or are there a lot of pleasant days in between snow? Thank you for responding to my questions! I really appreciate it.

1 Answer May 25, 2003 at 6:34 PM
    • Karoake in Knoxville?

by whatazoo Online Now May 5, 2003 at 4:43 AM

Hello everyone! I will be traveling to Knoxville this coming weekend and was wondering if anyone knew of places to go sing karoake on Fridays and Saturday nights. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

1 Answer May 5, 2003 at 3:53 PM
    • Knoxville -> Atlanta

by lpreilly Online Now May 2, 2003 at 11:00 AM

Hi there everyone, I wonder if one of you can help me. I will be in Knoxville on business for 2-3 days, and I would like to make a trip to Atlanta while I'm there. What are my options as far as transportation? If I hire a car, it looks as though it will take me 3 hours to drive there. I'm under 25 years old, so I pay way too much for the use of a car for one day! Can anyone give me some info on trains, buses, travel times, etc. I will be looking to travel there on May 22nd at night, or on the morning of Mary 23rd. Thanks in advance for any replies!

3 Answers May 2, 2003 at 1:08 PM