Kleve Travel Answers

change location

BeverlyVerheyen@vtmail.com

by BeverlyVerheyen Online Now Jul 25, 2008 at 8:54 AM

I will be arriving in Nijmegen on 14 Sept by train. What is the name of the shippingline that goes from Nijmegen to Kleve?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • qaminari's Profile Photo

Re: BeverlyVerheyen@vtmail.com

by qaminari Online Now Jul 25, 2008 at 2:03 PM

I thought it might be "De Duffelt", but their website doesn't seem to mention trips to Kleve: duffeltrondvaarten.nl/?pub_I...
    See also obbreisorganisator.nl/Nijmeg....

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: BeverlyVerheyen@vtmail.com

by ATLC Online Now Jul 25, 2008 at 10:00 PM

The Duffelt goes from Millingen to Kleve on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Millingen is a village, 17 kms from Nijmegen.
    I've checked the Nijmegen Tourist Information website, and that's all they mention about boat trips to Kleve.

To get from Nijmegen to Millingen:
    take bus Hermes 80 from Nijmegen central station to Milllingen. Get out at Heerbaan (streetname) and walk 2 minutes to where the Duffelt docks. The busride takes 38 minutes. Hermes 80 goes twice per hour.
    For schedule: www.9292ov.nl. For translation:
    "Schedules public transport train/bus/metro/tram" - Netherlands Transportation Tip by ATLC
    The address of the ship dock is Heerbaan 186, Millingen aan de Rijn

• Re: BeverlyVerheyen@vtmail.com

by BeverlyVerheyen Online Now Jul 26, 2008 at 10:11 AM

Thank you for the information. Unfortunately, I will be in Nijmegen on Sunday, 14th Sept. I plan to take bus to Kleve, but thought that it would be nicer to take a boat trip. From Kleve on the 14th, I have to take a taxi to Qualburg. My husbands great grandfather was from there. We will then go to Xanten, where his great-great grandfather is from. Thanks again. Beverly

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines