change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• briantravelman's Profile Photo

Is Curacao similar to Aruba?

Curaçao Mar 23, 2015 at 6:14 PM

I visited Aruba last year, and loved it! I am thinking about visiting Curacao, and was wondering if it's similar to Aruba, in terms of windiness, transportation, food, prices, safety, and people.

In Aruba, it was really windy. The bus and taxi system was wonderful. Taxi drivers would give each other business, and the people in general were the friendliest I've ever met. We would have complete strangers offer us rides, and I was hit on by the local girls on several occasions. And we could walk around pretty much anywhere, at any hour of night, and no one would bother us. And there were no hawkers, aggressive vendors, or harassment by locals. And the locals didn't get angry when they saw a camera, in fact, quite the opposite.

What about the airport? We had to get 3 hours early in Aruba, they were very lazy and short staffed, and we had to go through customs and 2 security checkpoints.

Is Curacao the same as Aruba? What are some similarities and differences between the 2 islands?
      I heard that Curacao is more "European" than Aruba. Whatever that means.

Anyone who has spent at least a few days on both islands, that can provide some insight?

more