change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Cycling around Curonian Spit

Klaipeda Apr 21, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Hello!
      I am wondering if it is possible to rent bikes, preferably long term, for example in Nida or Palanga, if there are special rental shops, or if hotels provide rental services? Thanks!

more
    • Will they take Euros?

Klaipeda Apr 22, 2014 at 9:59 AM

We're traveling to Klaipeda on a cruise and hoping to change money as infrequently as p ossible. I know Lithuania has its own currency, but will the markets in Klaipeda take Euros also? We're hoping to buy yarn and knitwear.

more

Popular Klaipedos Apskritis Travel Answer Locations

• Will they take Euros?

Klaipeda Apr 22, 2014 at 9:59 AM

We're traveling to Klaipeda on a cruise and hoping to change money as infrequently as p ossible. I know Lithuania has its own currency, but will the markets in Klaipeda take Euros also? We're hoping to buy yarn and knitwear.

7 Answers Yesterday
    • Cycling around Curonian Spit

Klaipeda Apr 21, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Hello!
      I am wondering if it is possible to rent bikes, preferably long term, for example in Nida or Palanga, if there are special rental shops, or if hotels provide rental services? Thanks!

1 Answer Apr 21, 2014 at 9:43 AM
    • ArmenT2's Profile Photo

how to get to Klaipeda ferry terminal?

Klaipeda Oct 10, 2013 at 12:09 AM

i am going to klaipeda ferry terminal from Klaipeda us statio. who can tell me how can i?
      thanks

2 Answers Oct 14, 2013 at 1:30 PM
    • Cab with driver

Klaipeda Sep 6, 2013 at 4:41 AM

I ,an Indian businessman intend to visit places like Telisiai,Kanto,Silgaliai,Tilsez etc from Klaipeda as I have to visit a couple of factories ( Ruta ,Milk.LT, Zematijos pienas,Vilke etc ) which are located at a good distance.

My worry is whether I would be able to hire a cab with a driver to cover these locations in 02 days or not. Since the factories are located at distant places will I be able to get buses or any other means of transport to reach there?

Also advice whether it would be very cold during the 2nd half of October'13.

Thanks & Cheers !
      Kumar

• SW2's Profile Photo

Need a place to stay from september - december

Klaipeda Aug 17, 2013 at 5:10 AM

Labas!
      I'm going to study in Klaipeda for a semester (sept-dec 2013) and looking for an apartment to rent around the main street: Herkaus Manto street. Does anyone living there have a spare room for rent or knows of furnished apartments (2-4 persons) in that neighbourhood that can be rented for 4 months for a reasonable price? The real estate agents are pretty expensive, as are the apartments and houses they are renting out.
      Thanks !!

3 Answers Aug 18, 2013 at 2:41 AM
    • stylekerouac's Profile Photo

How to come from Palanga airport ?

Klaipeda Jul 19, 2013 at 6:01 AM

Klaipeda airport is located in Palanga, north of Klaipeda.
      No bus from airport to Klaipeda city as far as I know.
      Taxi ? How much should a traveller bargain ?

• staying in klaipeda, Nida, or juodkrante

Klaipeda May 15, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Hi,

We will be in the Klaipeda area for two or three days in two weeks. Should we stay in Klaipeda the whole time and do day trips to the split or stay in NIda or Juodkrante for a night? We will probably rent bikes and take them on the ferry so Juodkrante may be a better option than Nida. Would there be enough activity at night in Juodkrante? Nothing wild but maybe a bar to have a few drinks.

Thanks,

2 Answers May 17, 2013 at 12:02 AM
    • Accomodation

Klaipeda Nov 7, 2011 at 5:25 AM

Hi everybody. We are two persons, arriving klaipeda on 17th November,2011. We look for one double room accommodation near Banginis mall, Klaipeda for two weeks. Can somebody help ?

1 Answer Nov 7, 2011 at 5:44 AM
    • please help

Klaipeda Mar 16, 2009 at 9:38 AM

hi everybody, i am georgian student, we are 12 students coming to klaipeda for a month in may 4, so we need to rent 2 or 3 appartments in the center of klaipeda, i have asked for help to a lot of agencies by the internet but nobody answered, so if somebody can somehow help us please answer

3 Answers Jun 25, 2009 at 9:25 AM
    • appartment

Klaipeda Mar 15, 2009 at 2:26 AM

hello we are 12 students coming to klaipeda in may for one month so we need to rent 2 or 3 flats in the center of the city, in a price rabge 300-750 euro i have contacted to some rental agencies by internet but nobody answered please help me

• train

Klaipeda Mar 15, 2009 at 1:48 AM

hi i need to know can i get to klaipeda by train from riga and what is the train cost

3 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 7:26 AM
    • Travel from Kaunas to Klaipeda

Klaipeda Nov 14, 2008 at 4:54 PM

I hope to visit a friend in Klaipeda in January, but have limited time. Can anyone please tell me the options available for travel from Kaunas airport to Klaipeda, or maybe to another place near to Klaipeda. Thank you, Dave (dagofin)

8 Answers Dec 3, 2008 at 11:58 AM
    • Klaipeda in October

Klaipeda Oct 1, 2008 at 8:28 AM

My friend and I are going to Klaipeda for 3 days in October. We would like to see the Curonian Spit, and we are wondering what is the easiest way getting there? We would also like to visit Nida and Palanga - are they worth a visit and what is the "must sees"?

Do you have any other recommendations for things to see in the Klaipeda area, places to eat, shopping and spa treatments?

And what is the weather like these days? Should we bring a warm coat, scarf etc?

6 Answers Oct 11, 2008 at 1:56 PM
    • How to get to Spit

Klaipeda May 14, 2008 at 6:13 AM

Hi, we are planning to visit Klaipeda and the Spit. So happen it will fall on Sunday when we arrive Klaipeda. Will ferry getting to Spit stops on Sunday?

Thanks.

3 Answers Jun 4, 2008 at 2:51 AM
    • sorry..

Klaipeda May 2, 2008 at 8:11 AM

sorry.... wrong name ILL MEEN KLAIPEDA...

• shopping in Kalipeda

Klaipeda May 2, 2008 at 8:00 AM

Hallo. we are from Norway and we are comming to Kalipeda in june, so we have a few question's. We'll wounder if we can pay whith euro in shops and pubs? Or do we have to have LTL? We land in Palanga at 21.00, is there a buss or do we take a taxi...and how mutch that coust? Its Kalipeda a "safe" city in the nights? This is ower first tripp east to the Lithania, and we are staying at Hotel Kalipeda. Is the hotell near the shoppinsenter, nightlife and pubs...?
      than you... :o)

1 Answer May 21, 2008 at 11:37 AM
    • From Klaipeda to Siauliai, Hill of Crosses

Klaipeda Apr 19, 2008 at 1:37 AM

We will visit Lithuania this August. We first arrive at Vilnius, and to Kaunas.
      From Kanuas to Klaipeda, to Hill of Cross via Siaulia.

It is difficult to search the bus schedule on line. Anyone who could advise us:

1) the bus scheudle from Kaunas to Klaipeda
      2) we want to visit the spit, is a one-day trip eoungh
      3) the buse scheudle from Klaipeda to Siauliai
      4) the way from Siaulia to the Hill of Cross.

Is it possible to go direct to Riga after visting the hill of cross?

Thanks.

2 Answers May 19, 2008 at 10:10 AM
    • Should I stay in old town?

Klaipeda Mar 13, 2008 at 8:18 AM

Hi,

I was planning on making a reservation on Puodziu Street in Klaipeda Old Town at the Litinerp. Can someone let me know if this is a good location to stay in? Thanks!!

2 Answers Mar 14, 2008 at 7:37 AM
    • KLAIPEDA(PALANGA) OR VILNIUS FOR A SHORT BREAK IN SEPTEMBER???

Klaipeda Aug 16, 2007 at 11:58 AM

DEAR ALL
      WILL BE COMING IN KAUNAS ON THE 5TH SEPTEMBER NIGHT. THE FOLOWING DAY I AM THINKING TO GO 3 DAYS TO VILNIUS OR TO KLAIPEDA. WHICH ONE DO YOU SUGGESTE ME DURING THAT PERIOD? CONSIDER I WILL BE STAYING FOR A WEEK END ON THE SECOND WEK OF SEPTEMBER AND I AM LOOKING FOR A GOOD NIGHTLIFE WEEK END TIME.

PALANGA SHOULD BE OFF SEASON ALREADY WITH SUMMER NIGHTLIFE AT ITS END, SO I AM VERY UNDECIDED BETWEEN KLAIPEDA(STAYING IN KLAIPEDA HOTEL) OR VILNIUS(STAYING IN REVAL HOTEL). WHICH CITY DO YOU SUGGEST ME TO SPEND THOSE WEEK END BREAK???
      PS ATEROLA A SUGGESTION ALSO FROM YOU WILL BE MORE THAN WELCOME:))) THANKS

• adelaidebs's Profile Photo

Visiting Curonian Spit from Klaipeda

Klaipedos Apskritis May 6, 2007 at 12:21 PM

Being on a bit of a time restriction, I want to make most of my time in Lithuania. So I'm looking for information about visiting the Curonian Spit in a day-tour from Klaipeda, and opinions about whether is better to take a tour or just go by myself. I'm not interested in one of those tours that just pass by the places and spend time only at restaurants and shops.

If doing it by myself, what is THE place to visit in the Curonian Spit?

Regards,
      Adelaide

4 Answers Mar 22, 2008 at 7:57 AM
    • Basajaun's Profile Photo

Urban buses In Klaipeda...?

Klaipeda Mar 22, 2007 at 9:31 AM

Thinking about booking a room at "Hotel Ruta" in Debreceno street; and it looks too far south from the bus station to get there hauling my luggage. So...

Has anyone any idea about the public transport service in Klaipeda? Any line will get me closer to my hotel from the bus station? Any local bus maps, link for timetables or frecuencies?

Thank you in advance, people!!!

5 Answers Apr 1, 2007 at 12:35 AM
    • Winter at Curonian Spit?

Klaipeda Feb 11, 2007 at 10:57 PM

We are planning to visit Lithuania at the end of Febrauary and are wondering if the Park is open in the winter and if it would be recommended to visit here? We were thinking of taking the bus from Kaunas and spending the night in the Klaipeda area? Having the afternoon/morning to explore the spit. Any information about this area, especially this time of year would be appreciated. Thank you!

3 Answers Feb 19, 2007 at 12:15 AM
    • KeithBarry's Profile Photo

Cost of land in Lithuania

Klaipedos Apskritis Sep 15, 2006 at 5:53 AM

Does anyone know roughly the price of land suitable for building a house on in the Klaipeda area?
      Thanks,

Keith

2 Answers Oct 3, 2006 at 11:17 PM
    • Apartment for Rent

Klaipeda Aug 7, 2006 at 8:04 AM

I am looking to Rent flat in Kalipeda next month september for two weeks can any one help and give some ideas about prices as well thanks to you all.

Yousif

5 Answers Sep 3, 2007 at 2:35 AM
    • scubaphoto's Profile Photo

Short Visit

Klaipeda Jul 12, 2006 at 10:06 PM

Anyone interested in meeting up with two Irish guys who are spending tonight in Klaipeda. If anyone who like to join us for a few drinks and food drop me an email.

Shane :-)

• from klaipeda to missile base

Klaipedos Apskritis May 26, 2006 at 2:07 AM

In the beginning of august we come to klaipeda in the middle of our trip to lithianiua & latvia. How can we be sure if its possible to go too the missile base on a certain day, is it organized, which days , ????

5 Answers Aug 24, 2006 at 5:35 AM
    • Tour company in Klaipeda

Klaipedos Apskritis May 20, 2006 at 12:19 PM

Does anyone know the name of a tour company in Klaipeda...that will do a one day tour...for a small group?

Thanks.

4 Answers May 23, 2006 at 3:50 AM
    • doofus's Profile Photo

How to get there?

Klaipeda Mar 27, 2006 at 3:30 AM

Hi,

My wife and I are thinking of spending a few days in klaipeda in July. We can get flights to Kaunas from the UK.

how can we get to klaipeda from the airport? Preferably the cheapest way.

Any ideas of some decent , not highly priced, accomodation as well please.

What sort of tourists do go to Klaipeda?

When is the 'seas festival'?

regards, Pete

10 Answers Apr 3, 2006 at 12:12 PM
    • Cool, snowy and icy.

Klaipedos Apskritis Feb 16, 2006 at 1:43 PM

Hallo all there in Klaipeda and Lithuanian coast! I wanna ask for some advices: with which weather conditions can I count this time in a region of Klaipeda? I know the temperature will be some 10 - 15 below zero but do I have a chance to see the sea frozen? Will there be a snow in countryside and how much? And finally: I wanna see the abandoned Russian rocket base - is the entrance free or do I have to go with a guide or in a group? I am just single. Thaxforall.

3 Answers Mar 6, 2006 at 9:37 AM
    • aSwede's Profile Photo

a small apartment or a room

Klaipeda Jan 11, 2006 at 2:31 PM

Hi! Can anybody here help me to find a small apartment or a room to rent for three to four months in Klaipeda? I need it from June to September 2006 (maybe longer). I am writing a book, and I would like to pick up some Lithuanian culture and atmosphere. My budget is not so big, I can just afford up to 200 USD/month for rent.

Hope to get some good contacts!

Thanks in advance

Per

5 Answers Apr 20, 2006 at 1:07 AM