Travel Answers
Kizhi

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How to come back to Goncharnaya/Nevsky from Pulkovo Airport at 4 AM?

Saint Petersburg Jun 22, 2015 at 5:46 AM

I have to drop some family members at the airport at around 3 AM, and come back from the airport at 4 AM. Is there whether any public transport is available because taxis would be expensive. I need to come back to Ul. Goncharnaya, near Moskovskiy Vokzal.

• urgent*

more
    • popsottery's Profile Photo

Passport control

Moscow 4 hours ago

We have just travelled from Lithuania to Moscow via Minsk.
      We had an early morning train to Minsk, spent all day there (great place) then caught a late overnight train to Moscow.
      On the train to Minsk we went through passport control at Vilnius station then had passports checked and stamped on train at Belarus border, along with immigration card.
      Went to sleep on night train (Minsk to Moscow) and woke up in Moscow. So no passport control from Belarus to Russia. Is this correct? We have no stamp on the visa/passport saying we entered Russia.

more
    • Aeroflot business class - opinions?

Moscow Jul 3, 2015 at 1:14 AM

I will be flying from HCMC Vietnam to London Heathrow this month. Does anyone have info or opinions about Aeroflot business class please?

more
    • swimming pool

Moscow Jun 10, 2015 at 9:19 AM

Hello all
      I have read that if a foreigner wants to go swimming in public baths they will need russian doctors certificate...
      is this still the case in 2015?, also if i wanted to use pool in hotel or visit russian banya would they also want a certificate of health?
      thanks for any help in this matter.
      gargoylesrus

more
    • Moscow clubs that play US rock n roll from the 50s and 60s

Moscow Jun 8, 2015 at 6:32 AM

Hi,
      I will be traveling to Moscow July 10. Are there any clubs that play US rock n roll from the 50s and 60s?
      I have found these places in Riga and Helsinki and they are very entertaining.

Thank you,
      Mike

more
    • Kizhi Island necklace

by marilynmays Online Now Jul 29, 2013 at 7:16 AM

I recently lost my sister's black and green beaded necklace that she purchased on Kizhi Island. Is there somewhere in the states I could purchase another one?

3 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 2:57 PM
    • jmike44's Profile Photo

Kizhi Island artist

by jmike44 Online Now Oct 28, 2007 at 9:09 AM

Last month while on a Russian waterways cruise we stopped at Kizhi Island. There was an artist, an elderly man, at work making a pencil sketch of the 1876 Oshenev farmhouse with the wooden Transfiguration Cathedral behind it. He had some of his pictures laid out for sale. I didn't buy one but my friend did. Does anyone know this man's name? We would like to contact him if possible.

4 Answers Nov 2, 2007 at 10:57 AM