Kitzbühel Travel Answers

change location

Kitzbuhel in July - is it worth stopping in the town?

by ramot418 Online Now Jun 14, 2010 at 10:43 AM

I have done a little research about Kitzbuhel and it seems it is a "must-see".....in the winter. I cannot see anything unique worth stopping for in July, considering I'll be in the lake district east of Salzburg (Hallstatt etc.) and Berchtesgaden. That said, I will most likely pass through the town anyways on my way from Berchtesgaden to Krimmler Wasserfalle. Since my time is limited, I would tend to just continue along the scenic route from there to the falls. Opinions anyone? :) Thanks.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Durfun's Profile Photo

Re: Kitzbuhel in July - is it worth stopping in the town?

by Durfun Online Now Jun 14, 2010 at 10:46 AM

You can always stop by at Zell am See - a delightful lake right in front of the train station.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Kitzbuhel in July - is it worth stopping in the town?

by ramot418 Online Now Jun 14, 2010 at 11:12 AM

Thanks. From Berchtesgaden to Krimmler Wasserfalle I can go either via Kitzbuhel or via Zell am See. According to my information, the Kitzbuhel route is more scenic. Which would you choose? (BTW, I will have a car)

• jojes's Profile Photo

by jojes Online Now Jun 14, 2010 at 12:07 PM

I agree on the Kitzbühel route being the more scenic one compared by the Zell am See route from Salzburg to Krimml.
    Don't really know if the town is worth stopping in summer though, never did that up to now.
    I do know that the waterfalls are very beautiful, so any extra time there is welcome. If you have time left, you should visit the WasserWunderWelt (see the link in my other post I made before).

• globetrott's Profile Photo

by globetrott Online Now Jun 14, 2010 at 12:29 PM

when your time is limited,skip Kitzbühel. It might also be some trafic-jam there in town !

• jojes's Profile Photo

by jojes Online Now Jun 14, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Considering Globetrott's advice, you might consider this :
    go from Salzburg to Krimml via Werfen / Sankt Johann im Pongau / Mittersill (might already be the route you were thinkong of), which gives you these alternative options :
    * in Mittersill there is a very nice museum (opened in 2008) about different aspects of the National Park Hohe Tauern
    * stop at the Liechtensteinklamm near Sankt Johann : a very very beautiful gorge
    * in Kaprun there is also a gorge (Sigmund Thunn klamm) but it's quite small compared to the other one mentioned above. Another great thing to do in Kaprun is to go up to the artificial lakes / reservoirs, but I doubt whether you'll have sufficient time to do that. In case you do have the time, it's really worth the trip.

Hope this helps !
    Jessika

• oldguy472003's Profile Photo

by oldguy472003 Online Now Jun 15, 2010 at 4:48 PM

visited in September once. We were traveling by train so cannot comment on parking. It was a nice visit, good english style pub fare, and the gondala ride was running.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines