Kitty Hawk Travel Answers

change location

How to go there

by nuuhin Online Now Apr 27, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Hi
I need your assistance, I will go to Kitty Hwak or Outer Banks area. I would like to know if I arrive at Elizabeth city Greyhound Station. How can I go to the Outer Banks or Kitty Hwak. I'm international student and never been in USA before. What is the easiest & safest way to go there by public transportation.

Sincerely,
Panchita

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • glabah's Profile Photo

Re: How to go there

by glabah Online Now Apr 27, 2012 at 9:46 PM

This is one of the areas of the USA that is not well served by public transit.

I don't know if you can use the public transport service but supposedly it does some services to the Kitty Hawk area. They have very little information on their web site and no scheduled routes. It is primarily intended to transport people to medical appointments. It may be worth contacting them:
    http://www.icpta.net/index.html

Kitty Hawk itself lists a few transportation options, but they are privately operated shuttle services that charge between50 and75 to get from Elizabeth City to Kitty Hawk. Double that for a round trip.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • PR-7's Profile Photo

It'll be a problem

by PR-7 Online Now Apr 28, 2012 at 11:00 AM

The site for the National Parks Service
    nps.gov/wrbr/planyourvisit/p...
    is pretty explicit: "Public bus transportation is not available in the area. Visitors access the Memorial via personal vehicle, local taxi service or small planes."

As a student coming to the USA, you should have no trouble making friends at your educational institution. If you find someone willing to drive with you down there in her/his car, you'd save money and trouble even if you paid all the gas, food, and lodging.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines