Travel Answers
Kitakyushu

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Near Kitakyushu

• HELP! Need Tickets to Kitakyushu Kodo Show in October and Don't Speak Japanese!

by teatimeturtle Online Now Aug 28, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Hello,

I am planning a trip to Japan with my parents and my sister in October and my dad is a huge fan of the Kodo drumming group. He sees them whenever they come to Toronto. My sister and I found out that they are actually performing in Japan while we are there and we wanted to surprise him with tickets to a show, but the only way that we could work it into our itinerary was their show in Kitakyushu on October 7th. Unfortunately, navigating the theatre's japanese website has been difficult to say the least, not speaking/reading japanese, and we have managed to gather that the tickets went on sale at the beginning of August to members, but that window for purchasing tickets has since closed (not to mention the fact that they don't ship tickets abroad and we don't have an address in Japan to ship to). In any case, it appears as though (and we have no idea how accurate this info is) a very small number of tickets will be available at the theatre on the day of the performance.

Does anyone out there have any insight to lend to this situation? Is there any other way to get tickets beforehand? I fear that we will show up at the box office on the day of the concert, there will be no tickets left to purchase, and we will have re-routed our itinery to Kyushu for nothing. If anyone can help navigate the website, or provide any help whatsoever on how we might be able to score tickets, I would be eternally grateful!

Thanks,
      Janice
      Yellowknife, NT, CANADA

2 Answers Aug 29, 2012 at 9:17 AM