Kissimmee

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• how far please?

by a73t Online Now Apr 13, 2014 at 2:25 PM

How far is old town kissimmee from Lindfield ? miles and minutes driving please?

2 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 5:40 AM
    • Anything interesting

by jjb1333 Online Now Mar 21, 2014 at 3:47 PM

I am on vacation in Kissimmee at the moment anything interesting in the area tomorrow

2 Answers Mar 22, 2014 at 3:53 AM
    • what is the name of that Indian/ Pakistan food place on 192?

by jlloc Online Now Dec 18, 2013 at 1:50 PM

there is this Indian/Pakistani place on 192 4100 or 40 something. It has great food, I mean really good food. Im trying to tell my friends from Texas and Chicago where to go, but I don't know the whole address or name. What is it?

5 Answers Jan 10, 2014 at 7:08 PM
    • Soft cooler bags/own packed lunches

by tracey-j Online Now Jul 3, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Apart from Sea World & sister parks can you take a soft cooler bag with your own made up packed lunches n soft drinks in to all Disney & Universal theme parks? Many thanks

10 Answers Jul 10, 2013 at 2:14 AM
    • transport from Encantada CLC Wordwide Park in Kissimmee to Disney Parks

by emma1948 Online Now May 29, 2013 at 1:00 AM

What will the best way of transport be for us from Encantada to Disney Parks Thanks

4 Answers Nov 24, 2013 at 10:38 PM
    • JohnD1969's Profile Photo

travel

by JohnD1969 Online Now Apr 21, 2013 at 3:29 AM

we are struggling with getting a hire care as we dont use credit cards so has anyone used taxis & buses to get around the parks & what was the experience like i've checked prices online & so far i think the cost would work out roughly the same as the to hire a car.

1 Answer Apr 21, 2013 at 3:34 PM
    • simoneseals's Profile Photo

Possible move 2 Kissimmee fl

by simoneseals Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Does anyone know if I don't have a car @ 1st are there any apt's in Kissimmee very close to shopping /grocery/plazas etc within walking distance or via bus? I'd be greatful if anyone knew thanks

2 Answers Feb 22, 2013 at 9:57 PM
    • simoneseals's Profile Photo

possible move to Kissimmee

by simoneseals Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Hey everyone does anyone know of any good apt's less than $800 a month in Kissimmee? My main prob is I might not have a car right away although I know its crucial to have one in Fl what apt's in Kissi, are near shopping like grocery stores & plazas etc and is the bus near by that's any good? I would be grateful for anyone's feedback I still move to Altamonte springs where I know I can get around near the mall without a car but am looking into Kissimmee 1st after I check out the place

1 Answer Feb 22, 2013 at 9:34 AM
    • Accommodation for 2-3 months close to airport?

by natashayonucu Online Now Feb 23, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Hello all

I am really hoping somebody has the knowledge to help me out here.

Me and my partner are moving to Kissimmee for 2-3 months in April, We need a one bedroom apartment but am finding it very hard to find somewhere which rents for this short amount of time, most only rent for a minimum of 7 months.

The only restriction to our accommodation is that it needs to be within a bike ride/bus distance from the airport.

I really hope someone can help.

Many thanks

Natasha

12 Answers Feb 22, 2013 at 10:02 AM
    • THE MIGHTY BLUES ( EVERTON FC )

by ELWILLSTAN Online Now Oct 11, 2010 at 12:10 PM

We arrive in florida on the 14/10/10 staying on the 192 and my team the mighty blues play the ***e on the 17/10/10,the match kicks off 13.30 uk time is there bar that will be open where we will be able to watch the game given the time difference.

1 Answer Oct 12, 2010 at 12:22 PM
    • theme park tickets

by sareejas Online Now Jul 15, 2010 at 1:48 PM

how much are the tickets at the discount ticket stands and are they trustworthy?

4 Answers Jul 18, 2010 at 8:28 PM
    • Need Info before staying at tropical palms in Kissimme,fl

by duckie2456 Online Now Jun 27, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Is Tropical Palms a resort anyone can tell someone to stay at. Are the two bed room platinum cottages up to par,or is it a place you wouldn't recomend staying at? Are the carpets clean? Are they cottages or trailer homes? Are they bug and rodent free? Are the matresses clean or nasty and dirty. What about towels and Linen. How is the furniture,kitchen and toilet\bath facilities.are the 500 square feet cottages actually large or is it a farce. Is there a dishwasher, stove,frig microwave> what about washers and driers. Please send reviews. I dont want to be disappointed and especially not my family who is expecting to find a nice place when we get there. Not luxurious, but still nice, clean and comfortable. Thanks duckie2456

1 Answer Jun 27, 2010 at 11:11 PM
    • poppabassman's Profile Photo

fishing in kissimmee

by poppabassman Online Now May 23, 2010 at 12:09 AM

hello folks
      will be visiting kissimmee in august, want to take my boys bass fishing
      can anyone recommend a way of ensuring we 'catch' or recommend a guide

2 Answers May 24, 2010 at 9:50 AM
    • tartanboro's Profile Photo

World Cup Football (Soccer) Final July 11th

by tartanboro Online Now Feb 21, 2010 at 10:58 AM

I will be on holiday with friends and family near Kissimmee in July and looking for recommendations to watch the 2010 World Cup final on July 11th. The bigger the screen and the atmosphere the better. Any suggestions?

1 Answer Feb 22, 2010 at 4:14 AM
    • car hire

by dafyddgriffiths Online Now Jan 6, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Hi new to this please help I am travelling with 5 memebers of family from Manchester to orlando and staying at Tuscan hills just off 192 and on the 27 I dont want a car from the airport and would like to pick one up closer to my accomadation can you please help please thank you in anticipation Dafydd

• closing times for fox and hounds pub

by patandsteve Online Now Jul 12, 2009 at 4:29 AM

what time does the bar close

• George1949's Profile Photo

Harry Potter theme park.

by George1949 Online Now Jan 8, 2009 at 3:29 AM

Hi,

Does anyone have any updated information regarding the opening date for the new Harry Potter theme park at Universal ?

Thankyou

George.

1 Answer Jan 8, 2009 at 2:23 PM
    • giampiero6's Profile Photo

Kissimmee Questions Part II

by giampiero6 Online Now Oct 3, 2008 at 12:05 PM

Hiya Folks,

Thank you for your previous answers. I've gotten the impression that Kissimmee is an inexpensive option for people who are visiting Disneyland - but I'm interested in other options. Somebody mentioned the Rodeo, which sounds like a nice piece of americana - 'Mutton busting' anyone.

So I'm wondering...anything else you'd suggest? Any restaurants of note or local color?

Thanks,

G

• giampiero6's Profile Photo

VTers Views on Kissimmee

by giampiero6 Online Now Sep 4, 2008 at 1:21 PM

Hi Guys. This month we just got a new ad partner - The Kissimmee, Florida Convention and Visitor's Bureau. Now, my brother lives in Florida, and I visit once in a while, but I've never been there, and don't know anything much about it though I've heard the name before. So I got curious about this new partner.

I'm wondering from the good folks of VT, who know about it or have been, what there is to do in Kissimmee and why someone would visit there. Would you recommend it?

Thanks for your feedback!

G

14 Answers Sep 24, 2008 at 1:08 PM

Lobster restaurant.

by George1949 Online Now Aug 2, 2008 at 10:10 AM

Can anyone please recommend a good seafood restaurant around Kissimmee ?
      I shall be visiting the area shortly and my wife in particular is very fond of eating lobster !
      Thankyou.

George.

4 Answers Aug 3, 2008 at 4:43 AM
    • devonian1's Profile Photo

2 centre holiday

by devonian1 Online Now Jul 10, 2008 at 8:12 AM

Hi I'm thinking of going to florida for the first time & am considering a 2 centre break in Kissimee & Naples. Can't decide whether to go in Oct or Jan, for best weather. Also would it be best to hire a car or simply rely on public transport? many thanks in advance & hope I have the right forum.

10 Answers Jul 11, 2008 at 11:15 AM
    • sam_was_here's Profile Photo

Nightlife in Kissimmee

by sam_was_here Online Now Jan 2, 2008 at 8:34 PM

Well, im coming back again in early Feb. Is there any night life at all in or around the area? Does not need to be an all out club, just something to do at night or places to go? Or even if anyone wants to party :)

Many Thanks

4 Answers Jan 3, 2008 at 8:24 AM
    • Old Town Kissimmee

by Frannywanny Online Now Mar 6, 2007 at 12:53 PM

Can anyone tell me how to get to old town kissimmee from seaworld end of international drive. Is there a good shopping centre in old town?
      many thanks,
      Fran

2 Answers May 22, 2008 at 1:07 AM
    • comfort suites by old town

by liverpoolad Online Now Nov 19, 2006 at 12:03 PM

we are staying at comfort suites old town can anybody tell me about shuttle buses to theme parks from hotel how many times a day and what time it picks up from parks we are a party of 25 adults and kids what size are the shuttles ? thanks.

1 Answer Nov 19, 2006 at 7:39 PM
    • Things for toddlers to do

by sarahlou123 Online Now Oct 26, 2006 at 6:20 AM

Hi
      my parents own a villa in Kissimmee, Florida. We are going over there in December, have been lots of times including when my son was 4 & half months old. This time my son will be 19 months & my friend is coming with her little boy who will be 23 months. I've never really looked for things for little tots to do so wondered what kind of things there are? If possible it would be better if they are cheap & even free in some cases! Am i asking too much, lol I know theres Seuss Landing & the water parks are good but didnt know what else. Also we've not been to Florida in December before so is there any christmas things not to be missed?
      Thanks for any replies
      Sarah

• Ramada Hotel Kissimmee Gateway

by crazyfordisney Online Now Jan 27, 2006 at 7:37 PM

I already posted a question concerning Thriftlodge but I want some information about the Ramada Gateway and Ramada Eastgate. Their websites look good but I heard that they're not really that great and that the hotels themselves are very old.

I know that the Ramada East Gate has free shuttles to all the theme parks, including Disney, Sea World, etc. but the Ramada Gateway only has Disney. Does that mean that the Ramada Gateway could be closer to Disney or is it that they don't want to pay for anything other than to Disney.

2 Answers Jan 29, 2006 at 12:43 PM
    • Thriftlodge Hotel

by crazyfordisney Online Now Jan 27, 2006 at 7:22 PM

I am planning a vacation for the month of July with my niece and her 5 year old son. He will be six by then. I don't want to go back to International Drive because I don't drive and the cheaper hotels, the ones that I can afford, don't offer free shuttles to Disney. That is where I really want to spend more time. We have already gone to Sea World, Universal, etc. Those shuttles were free but to get a shuttle from the Rodeway Inn on International Drive cost us a little over30 each, and that's just for one day. Someone told me that it is closer to Disney if I stay in Kissimmee. I have been looking on the web and some of the cheaper hotels in Kissimmee have bad ratings. Thriftlodge doesn't have that many unbiased traveler's reviews available for reading and whatever reviews are available to read sound good.

What is confusing to me is that one person said that the Thriftlodge in Kissimmee at 4624 Iro Bronson Memorial Highway is far from the Disney theme parks and another person says that it is 5 minutes away. One travel company says that the hotel has a free shuttle and four or five other travel companies don't even mention a free shuttle to Disney. I emailed the hotel asking them the questions but I haven't received a response.

One other person also stated that there is a public bus, Lynx, across the street from this hotel and that it goes to the Disney main gate area, but I can't find out if that is true. I will have to call the hotel directly. I don't drive so I really need this info. I want to spend about 10 days in Disney, but I can't afford to spend a lot on cabs back and forth if I want to use the money going to the parks. I also need information about restaurants and grocery stores nearby. The website for the hotel says that there are restaurants nearby, one person says that there are and one person says that they are very far away and that if you don't have a car and stay at this hotel I will be very unhappy.

Please help. I want to book this hotel very soon because it does have a very good AARP rate and if the hotel is really clean, it will book up fast.

Once again thank you for any advice that is given.

2 Answers Jan 28, 2006 at 4:37 PM

Busch Gardens,Tampa.

by George1949 Online Now Jan 17, 2006 at 4:22 PM

I Know that in the Disney theme parks you can hop on one of the free-ride coaches to other theme parks.
      Can any kind person please tell me if they run one of these coaches to " Busch Gardens ".Somewhere in the back of my mind I seem to recall seeing that destination on the front of one of the coaches when I was over there in July 2005.
      I would greatly appreciate a response to this enquiry and if in conclusion there is no such Disney coach going to that destination,could you please tell me " are there any other bus companies that run coaches to Busch Gardens "?

Many thanks.
      George 1949.

3 Answers Jan 20, 2006 at 3:16 PM

Hurricane dennis

by George1949 Online Now Jul 10, 2005 at 12:38 PM

I shall be coming over to Kissimmee from the U.K. this weekend to stay in a villa on the Lindfields estate.Could anyone please tell me what sort of damage(if any)hurricane Dennis has caused in that area.

Many Thanks.
      George.

3 Answers Jul 12, 2005 at 10:57 PM

Public Transport --- Buses.

by George1949 Online Now Mar 8, 2005 at 11:53 PM

I have planned a short stay in a villa at Lindfields,Kissimmee ( just off the 192 west )and was wondering if there is a bus service,or services near to Lindfields that could take me to the International Drive area.
      Using taxi,s is okay but it can get a little expensive when you have to use them all the time.
      If there is a bus service available could you please tell me the relevant information i.e.--- where I wait for the bus,the bus number and where I may have to change over in order to get to International Drive.

Many thanks.

George.