Kissimmee Travel Answers

change location

Ramada Hotel Kissimmee Gateway

by crazyfordisney Online Now Jan 27, 2006 at 7:37 PM

I already posted a question concerning Thriftlodge but I want some information about the Ramada Gateway and Ramada Eastgate. Their websites look good but I heard that they're not really that great and that the hotels themselves are very old.

I know that the Ramada East Gate has free shuttles to all the theme parks, including Disney, Sea World, etc. but the Ramada Gateway only has Disney. Does that mean that the Ramada Gateway could be closer to Disney or is it that they don't want to pay for anything other than to Disney.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: Ramada Hotel Kissimmee Gateway

by tracys2cents Online Now Jan 29, 2006 at 11:58 AM

Call 800 255 5786 and ask them to send you the free Orlando MagicCard. When you call the hotels, ask for the Magicard rate, it may be lower than the rate on the internet. Also ask them to send you an accomodations guide.

Some of the hotels that I've heard recommended that are nearby and have convenient shuttles (but always check when you call them to make sure their shuttles are still free. In fact, you're booking early, so call back in June in case things have changed):

Howard Johnson Enchantedland
    Best Western Lakeside
    Comfort Inn on Palm Parkway

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Ramada Hotel Kissimmee Gateway

by joesorce Online Now Jan 29, 2006 at 12:43 PM

Ramada Gateway is fine. People get49 hotel rooms and expect the Ritz, then they write a bad review...big deal. Also, people tend to not even remember WHICH Ramada they stayed at and they write a review for the wrong one so, good or bad you can't tell until you stay there. But yes, always check again to be sure the shuttle is still running and still free.

Just because a hotel is in Kissimmee does not mean it's close, so you are smart to check. And just because it's Intl Drive does not mean it's far...that is a big highway and if the hotel is in Lake Buena Vista it is probably close to the park. If you find one near the International Disney Marketplace then you also have the advantage of taking the free Disney shuttle from the Marketplace. Or you can always drive from your hotel to the Marketplace and park there for free.

If you find a Best Western that has a free shuttle and a good price, we have found that they have good cleanliness standards. Not always the newest places with the best pools etc etc, but almost always clean.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines