Travel Answers
Kisii

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How long does it take to get a transit visa at Nairobi Airport?

Nairobi Jul 17, 2014 at 4:12 PM

My daughter travelled to Kilimanjaro airport via Nairobi airport last Sunday. She was told that she wouldn't need a transit visa, but because she was flying different airlines into and out of the airport she had a nightmare trying to get her baggage! She did manage to get it finally but she ended up in departures really late with no boarding pass and still carrying her hold luggage and had to argue with the person on the gate for a long time before they finally allowed her to board the flight. Very stressful for a 19 year old!
      She wants to avoid the same problem on her return but doesn't have a lot of time between flights - hence the question.
      Appreciate any help anyone can give!.

more
    • Shoping in Nairobi

Nairobi Jul 18, 2014 at 11:57 AM

How much should I expect to pay for an elephant hair bracelet in Nairobi?

more
    • Hotels near the airport in Nairobi

Nairobi Jul 5, 2014 at 8:08 AM

I am overnighting in Nairobi between flights to Arusha. Does anyone have a hotel they would recommend near the airport?

Thanks

more
    • Nairobi to Masai Mara via Safari Link

Masai Mara Game Reserve Jul 3, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Hi, I am travelling in about two weeks time from Dubai to Nairobi and onwards to Masai Mara (Keekorock Lodge) by Safarilink flight. I heard that they have issues with baggage storage in the Safarilink flight. Does anyone know the flight can take in a normal soft top Delsy Suitcase ? Or are we supposed to carry only small bags ? Some guidance will help. Thanks

more
    • When is the best time to see game drive in Lake Nakuru Park, Nairobi, Masai Mara in 2014?

Kenya Jul 2, 2014 at 10:49 PM

I am planning to go to Nairobi, Kenya around mid Aug to late Aug. Is it a high chance to see game drive during that time? Please advise. Thanks,

more
    • Vehicle access

Tsavo National Park East Jul 5, 2014 at 6:18 AM

Can I, or should I, drive a Toyota Corolla in the Park?

more
    • Nairobi to Arusha/Mwanza

Nairobi Jul 2, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Hi all, I realise my question is very similar to Wawszczyk so I am sorry for the repition. I will also be flying into Nairobi and hoping to get a bus to Arusha and on to Mwanza. My problem is that most reviews and forums say that buses only make this journey twice a day 8am and 2pm. My flight arrives in Nairobi at 13.40. Does this mean I will need to stay a night in Nairobi and get a bus the next day or does anyone know of any bus/shuttle companies who begin the journey at a later time.

Thanks for the advice

more
    • Travel from Nairobi to Tanzania

Nairobi Jun 28, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Given the latest travel warnings from the FCO about terrorist threats in and around Nairobi, what would you advise as being the safest way to travel form Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta airport to either Arusha or Mwanza - air or bus? Is it ok to wait to get visas on arrival in Kenya flying from England to Nairobi arriving 7.25am July 12th and heading straight on to Tanzania).
      thanks,
      Stefan

more
    • Equipment and Contact

Watamu Jul 9, 2014 at 3:04 AM

-Who should we contact for arranging this?
      -Are Crocs also good for closed shoes or not?

more
    • what is the best way to get from Nairobi airport to Arusha Tanzania?

Nairobi Jul 4, 2014 at 4:11 PM

I am flying into Nairobi and need to get to Arusha for a safari. Precision Air flies from Nairobi to Kilimanjaro but have read some pretty bad reviews about their service. There is also a bus service but I am unfamiliar with border crossing procedures and admittedly a little apprehensive. Any advice and experiences would be greatly appreciated.

more