Kirkenes Travel Answers

change location

Time to catch the plane?

by travelbug12 Online Now Aug 28, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I am thinking of booking a Hurtigruten cruise, ending in Kirkenes. I am troubled though that the boat is scheduled to dock at 9.45am, yet Hurtigruten propose booking a Kirkenes to Oslo flight departing at 11.30am. This seems like very tight timing. How long does it take in reality to disembark and get to the airport? Does anyone here have experience of whether catching that flight is feasible? Thanks!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • globetrott's Profile Photo

Re: Time to catch the plane?

by globetrott Online Now Aug 28, 2012 at 1:52 PM

I dont quite understand your question !
    You mean you will not be able to catch that 11.30am flight ??
    -
    I was in Kirkenes with Hurtigruten, but stayed onboard.
    They get there every day of the year with another ship and I am sure they have a kind of priority on that small airport of Kirkenes, that airplanes might even wait half an hour for them, BUT distances are small there so I am sure you will catch that plane without problem.
    I am sure Hurtigruten-passengers to and from the ships are 80% of all passangers of this airport

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • yvr's Profile Photo

by yvr Online Now Aug 29, 2012 at 8:31 AM

The flight you are speaking of is operated by SAS, if you should miss this flight due to circumstances beyond your control SAS operates another flight at 2025. As far as check-in times go, you can check-in for your flight via the internet up to 24 hours prior to departure,so you could do that on the ship, at a self serve kiosk at the airport you must check in at least 30 minutes prior to departure and if you do it at the check-in counter 40 minutes prior to departure. These are check-in times for domestic flights. You can go to the SAS web site for more information.

• Rachel972's Profile Photo

by Rachel972 Online Now Sep 4, 2012 at 10:42 AM

We made two Hurtigruten cruises Bergen - Kirkenes - Bergen. A very large part of the passengers ended the trip in Kirkenes, there was a bus - or several - to the airport. These buses first bring the new passengers from the plane to the boat.
    When a Hurtigruten bus gets delayed, I'm sure there is no problem. There's no reason to look for other transportation, (there probably isn't any) but register for it at the reception of the boat. This company works every day for many years, wonderfully organised, and they take quite a high price for their transportations and arrangements. Of course they collect and transport your luggage on time.

For this, and all the tours, they tell you when to register latest, because they have to order the correct number of buses.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines