Kirkenes Travel Answers

change location

What to do in kirkenes

by smgunn Online Now Aug 7, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Hello
We shall be arriving in Kirkenes in Nov 2012 on the Hurtigruten Ferry. Can anybody help with suggestions of what to see / do and how best to get about. Is transport easy or should we do the organised excursions?
Many thanks for any tips
Regards
Sheron

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Gili_S's Profile Photo

Re: What to do in kirkenes

by Gili_S Online Now Aug 7, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I only been there in the midsummer so it’s hard to imagine what one can do in the dark. If you are lucky and the sky is clear, I would just look for a good location for seeing the northern lights is they appear. Otherwise, if there is snow around, I would look for some Husky safari or snow mobile activity if available nearby.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: What to do in kirkenes

by smgunn Online Now Aug 9, 2012 at 6:44 AM

Hi and thank you for your reply. Hurtigruten offer several excursions but i would rather try and do these things ourselves both to avoid the herding situation and for financial reasons! I fear that because it is winter and no-one with any sense will be visiting that everything will close. Also there will be no transport options and we will be left standing by the harbour wishing we had be herded by Hurtigruten at inflated prices !! Thank you so much for your reply and if you could expand further it is appreciated........

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines