Kirkenes Travel Answers

change location

To the Hurtigruten terminal

by MC1943 Online Now Aug 17, 2006 at 10:21 AM

Could you please advise how far it is/how long it takes by taxi, from Kirkenes airport to the ferry terminal. Thanks.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • travelfrosch's Profile Photo

RE: To the Hurtigruten terminal

by travelfrosch Online Now Aug 17, 2006 at 5:49 PM

The airport is about 15km (9 miles) from the town center, the ferry dock is about a mile (2km) farther. By taxi, it's probably about 15 minutes. I didn't take the taxi (took the bus from Kirkenes to the airport), but I think the fare is NOK 350-450, depending on time and day of the week. Consider the Flybuss(airport bus) -- they're normally timed to meet the planes, and, if your plane is timed to meet the Hurtigruten (which I assume it is by the nature of your question), the bus will stop at the ferry terminal itself. Bus fare is NOK 70 per person. You can also call or email Hurtigruten for directions -- I expect they're quite eager for their customers to make it to the ship... :)

If you're arriving earlier than the boat, be warned: the "terminal" is little more than a dock, with no facilities whatsoever. If you're arriving significantly before your boat's arrival, consider going downtown. The tourist office will store your bags (for a fee). The ferry dock is about a 15 minute walk (or 5 minute taxi ride) from the tourist office (taxi company is right next door).

Have fun!

Mark

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines