Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Kiribati Travel Answer Locations

• Things to do in Christmas Island

Kiribati Feb 4, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Hello again!

There is not much information on the internet Christmas Island, other than it is a destination to go fishing. What activities can be made in the island other than to go fishing? There is a beach where you can swim? kayak? boating, touring the island?

• Tarawa or Christmas Island?

Kiribati Dec 31, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Hello!

I want to visit Kiribati, but I wonder what is the difference between going to Tarawa or Chrismas Island.

I would like to know the culture of Kiribati, but also like to explore the territory, and especially being on a beach and swimming and boating or kayaking.
      I have read that there are problems of sanitation in South Tarawa (the lagoon) but in North Tarawa is everything okay?

Thank you very much!

2 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 3:04 PM
    • Kiribati's swimming beaches

Kiribati Dec 29, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Hi, I´m thinkin to visit Kiribati on december '14. But when I'm looking on internet for photos or refferences I see places like Red Beach and I think there isn't appropiate to swim. Can you guys please give me some tips? Thank you very much. Greetings from Chile!!!

1 Answer Dec 30, 2013 at 3:54 PM
    • danielribo's Profile Photo

Air Pacific transit stop at Christmas Island

Kiribati Sep 10, 2011 at 3:22 AM

I'm travelling on the Air Pacific service from Nadi to Honolulu with the transit stop on Christmas Island. Given it's probably the only chance I'll ever get to be in such a remote place, does anyone know if you actually get off the plane? Or will my unique experience be captured with photos from the window of the 737!

3 Answers Sep 15, 2011 at 3:44 PM
    • JamesNotts's Profile Photo

Kiribati in Sept

Kiribati May 15, 2011 at 2:40 AM

Hi again,

having done Fiji before arriving in Kiribati, I'm going to be looking for a much less touristy, and more 'real' island experience. Planning to do Tarawa, Abiang and Marakei.

Can anyone recommend any good accommodation/homestays (esp on Abiang/Marakei), and activities to do (anywhere).

Also, I'm wanting to boat it between islands if possible. Does anyone know if I can get a boat to Abiang from the northern tip of Tarawa, or do I have to go from Betio area? Is it possible to boat between Abiang and Marakei etc?

Finally, I don't really want to drive unless absolutely necessary so it'd be great if I could hire a bike. Is there anywhere on the islands i can hire a bicycle?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
      James

3 Answers May 21, 2011 at 4:48 PM
    • About Abaokoro

Tarawa Jan 6, 2011 at 6:00 AM

Years ago (1950s) there used to be a hospital and a pharmacy on Abaokoro. Are they still there? Used to be run by Colonial Service I think. I believe the best way to get to Abaokoro from Tatawa is by boat from Bairiki. Is this a regular service, or run by fishermen?
      Thanks,
      JP

• At Last

Gilbert Islands Jun 15, 2010 at 7:06 AM

Having read A Pattern of Islands when I was 12, many years ago. It mesmerised me and
      I said to myself that one day If I could, I would travel there , I`ve talked about it off and off for years, never really imagining I might get there.

I`m lucky enough to be retiring this August and want to fly to Kiribati and be able to visit China and Australia ( to visit our children who are working in those countries) en route. Does anyone know which flights would get me to the Gilbert Islands or if one of those round the world tickets would make more sense?

4 Answers Aug 11, 2010 at 6:42 PM
    • canton or Kanton Island

Kiribati Oct 8, 2008 at 7:59 PM

Is it possible for travel to Canton Island within Kiribati ??

1 Answer Oct 16, 2008 at 4:04 PM
    • any where to stay on the phoenix islands?

Phoenix Islands Nov 1, 2004 at 12:29 PM

Does anyone know if there is any where to stay on the Phoenix Islands, or what is the best way to get there?

1 Answer Oct 14, 2005 at 3:40 PM
    • vanderlust's Profile Photo

Fanning Island

Kiribati Nov 1, 2004 at 8:44 AM

Our cruise will make a stop on Fanning island. What might we find to do there?

3 Answers Oct 14, 2005 at 3:44 PM
    • glenn57's Profile Photo

outer atolls of Kiribati

Kiribati Dec 3, 2003 at 8:38 PM

Are there any really traditional atolls in Krirbati, ones without electricity ? If not, can anyone suggest what their favourite Kiribati atoll is (other than Tarawa) ?

3 Answers Aug 1, 2006 at 5:57 AM