Kiribati Travel Answers

change location
vanderlust's Profile Photo

Fanning Island

by vanderlust Online Now Nov 1, 2004 at 8:44 AM

Our cruise will make a stop on Fanning island. What might we find to do there?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • travelgirl3's Profile Photo

Re: Fanning Island

by travelgirl3 Online Now Nov 1, 2004 at 8:52 AM

Sorry, don't know anything about Fanning Island. But you must read "the Sex Lives of Cannibals" by J. Maarten Troost. Before you report me to abuse, you must know that the book is nothing about the title. It's about a guy and his girlfriend who move to Kiribati, when she accepts a posting there. The book is very entertaining, and details his experiences at the end of the world. Yours is the first post I've seen asking about this place. Enjoy!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Fanning Island

by lolodrake Online Now May 23, 2005 at 10:25 PM

When I went to fanning island they had a market set up so locals could sell the things that they had made. You can get your passport stamped, I think they charge you five dollars, but I did it anyway. You can swim and walk around and take in all of the beauty around you. I turned my visit into my girl scout gold award project and collected and donated school supplies to their school. If you want you can check out my website at www.geocities.com/lolodrake

• Rusket's Profile Photo

RE: Fanning Island

by Rusket Online Now Oct 14, 2005 at 3:44 PM

Have you been there by now? What DID you find? I have been to the Gilbert's, and what I found most of all, was tranquility :-)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Kiribati Travel Answer Locations