Kinsale Travel Answers

change location

gourmet festival

by mrylee Online Now Jul 2, 2006 at 8:55 PM

I need info about a gourmet festival in Kinsale?????

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Waoife's Profile Photo

RE: gourmet festival

by Waoife Online Now Jul 3, 2006 at 3:15 AM

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • donalh's Profile Photo

RE: gourmet festival

by donalh Online Now Jul 3, 2006 at 4:01 AM

Its one of the highlights of the year here in Kinsale - a weekend of absolute indulgence and great fun. Originally it started out almost as a party at the end of the season for all the restaurants but it has grown over the years. It is still great fun though and doesn't take itself too seriously.

Personally, although a complete glutton, I can't manage the entire weekend so I concentrate on three events that are unmissable.
    1. The opening.
    2. The 'Taste of Kinsale' at Saturday lunchtime (incredible value, quality and fun), and
    3. The lobster bake in Actons on Sunday. Lobsters, champagne and jazz, hard to beat.

As previous poster says check out the website for the 'real' details. If you need anything else come back.

Donal

• Re: gourmet festival

by jeanenolan Online Now May 27, 2007 at 7:12 AM

Morning: I will be in Kinsale for the festival and was wondering if to enjoy the festival I have to buy a ticket and following the crowd to the select venues. The 'Taste of' festivals we have in the States is more like a street festival and you pay as you go, picking the food you want. Anything like that? The website makes it sound like if you don't buy a ticket for the entire event, you can't participate. Thanks for your insight.

• donalh's Profile Photo

Re: gourmet festival

by donalh Online Now Jul 4, 2007 at 10:46 AM

You need to buy tickets to any of the events. They are good value though.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines