Kinsale Travel Answers

change location
clws's Profile Photo

A visit this summer

by clws Online Now Mar 15, 2006 at 12:00 PM

We are thinking about spending a few days in Kinsale with our children this summer. We have stayed at the Trident and Actons in the past and my husband has stayed at the Blue Haven before. But usually it is just him or the two of us. We have 5 children, and are looking at a place that is large enough for all of us. When checking out the hotels, we have noticed that they have all increased their nightly rate quite a bit. It hasn't been that long ago that we were there either, so not sure why, unless it is the recent renovations most of them have done. Does anyone know of any nice places we could stay that are reasonable? There will be 7 of us and we are looking at August.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • donalh's Profile Photo

RE: A visit this summer

by donalh Online Now Mar 18, 2006 at 6:17 AM

Hi guys,
    I think you should be looking at a house rental rather than a hotel. There is a lovely place up near the Spaniard (if you know Kinsale) called Scilly House. I know they have a website but I can't find it!! In the meantime here is a link through one of the booking agents
    holiday-rentals.com/Ireland/...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • clws's Profile Photo

RE: RE: A visit this summer

by clws Online Now Mar 19, 2006 at 6:35 AM

Thank you so much! A house would be great! Do you think they would rent for just a few days, as that is all the time we will have on our return trip. Thank you for the links! I know where you are talking about! I walk by there a lot when I am in Kinsale. I walk all over that beautiful place whenever we go :-)

Thanks,
    Cindy

• donalh's Profile Photo

by donalh Online Now Mar 19, 2006 at 1:10 PM

Hmmm - most people just rent houses for a minimum of a week in the Summer. There is another place called Friars Lodge - very central and yet quiet http://www.friars-lodge.com/ . I know they have apartments as well as rooms and that might be appropriate. Drop both of them an email and see if they will rent for a few days.

Donal

• clws's Profile Photo

by clws Online Now Mar 20, 2006 at 12:13 AM

Donal,

Thank you for your help! Hopefully we will be able to find something! I would love to show my children the wonderful town of Kinsale. I will be pulling up this additional link you gave me and see if they have anything available for our dates. Your help is much appreciated!

Cindy

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines