Kinsale Travel Answers

change location

Sharing Accomodation in Kinsale

by nadialbala Online Now Dec 14, 2004 at 1:54 PM

Hello everyone! I am gonna be moving to the beautiful town of kinsale at the end of January and I am gonna be needing accomodation for February. Is there any room for rent at a reasonable price in the town of Kinsale? I have never been there, so is there a nice place to live in for a while? I ll be waiting for your answers. Thanks so much!!! Nadia

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • orlikins's Profile Photo

Re: Sharing Accomodation in Kinsale

by orlikins Online Now Dec 15, 2004 at 1:58 AM

Kinsale is nice enough, it is not a big town, howeve Cork city is only a 30 min drive. As regards accomodation, check the Cork newspapers when you get here, or even www.daft.ie by all means check out the VT Kinsale page if you want to get some more tips el puss

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • donalh's Profile Photo

Re: Sharing Accomodation in Kinsale

by donalh Online Now Dec 15, 2004 at 3:38 AM

Orla, Orla, Orla !!!!! I'm outraged !!! Kinsale is "nice enough"? Don't listen to her Nadia - Kinsale is one of the nicest towns in Ireland, if not the whole world - check out my home page for confirmation of this !! AND spaniards are very welcome here since 1601 when they came to help us in a little bit of trouble we were having back then. There is no point in checking daft.ie or the Cork papers for accomodation (sorry Orla !) but you will find some locally pretty easily. As soon as you arrive, go to SuperValu, the main supermarket in the town, where there is a noticeboard advertising house sharing. Also there is a free newspaper called the Kinsale Advertiser that has ads. If you will be working here then just ask your co-workers and they will probably be able to sort you out. Get back to me if you need any more information. Donal

• orlikins's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Sharing Accomodation in Kinsale

by orlikins Online Now Dec 15, 2004 at 3:44 AM

*lol* native pride notwithstanding, I did like Kinsale! Just a bit underwhelmed by it, that's all. But I am a city girl at heart, and clean fresh air is like poison in my veins ;-)) Orli

• Thanks!

by nadialbala Online Now Dec 15, 2004 at 9:38 AM

thanks so much for the information, just one more thing. Would you know approximately how much will it cost ? I ve heard its quite expensive.... compare with other places. Yes, I am gonna be working at atcons soon!! I cannot wait! Thanks again to the two of you!!! regards Nadia

• donalh's Profile Photo

Re: Thanks!

by donalh Online Now Dec 15, 2004 at 10:39 AM

I thought that Actons provided accomodation ? I live just behind the Hotel and there are two houses full of staff. Accomodation IS expensive - you will pay about E100 per week in a shared house.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines