Kingston upon Hull Travel Answers

change location

Access to Hull Trinity House

by XiXVi Online Now Sep 22, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Is it possible to accaess Hull Trinity House records in person or is it only possible using their own researchers? In the same vein are individual visits allowed or only in organised party visits?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Access to Hull Trinity House

by leics Online Now Sep 22, 2009 at 11:04 PM

I am not quite sure which Trinity House you mean.

Hull Trinity House is a school. Public access to records is not generally available in academic institutions. Group visits are also unlikely, but you can find contact details here: hulltrinity.net/contact_us/i...

The Trnity House Charitable Foundation has its contact details listed here:
    charitiesdirect.com/charitie...

If you meant the Trinity House which deals with lighthouses and staff, however, that is a different matter. It is based in London. There is no suggestion on the relevant geneaology page that Trinity House research is undertaken by anyone other than staff:

trinityhouse.co.uk/corporati...

This page also details which records re actually held on site. Many were destroyed during Second World War air-raids

There is a 'contact us' link top right of the page for enquiries.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Britannia2's Profile Photo

Re: Access to Hull Trinity House

by Britannia2 Online Now Sep 24, 2009 at 5:31 AM

I know Trinity House well but it is not open to the public. Are you in the UK? Of you are ring the local history studies office on 01482 300300 and they will advise you how to take this further. If you are outside the UK let me know and I will find out for you.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines