change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Driving from Manley airport to Ocho Rios

by pg12359 Online Now Aug 5, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Hello all,
      I'm renting a car and driving from the Manley airport in Kingston to Ocho Rios. I've noticed on the map that the road I need to take from the airport (A4) goes through Kingston. It then hooks up with the A1 that I take to Spanish Town before I head north to Ocho Rios. My question: Am I going through downtown Kingston or is there a highway bypass around the city? My wife is quite nervous about driving through Kingston (and so am I... a little).

7 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 2:14 PM
    • a guide

by Rosea2006 Online Now Feb 9, 2010 at 7:19 AM

all i need is a guide from airport to the bus terminal in Kingston...any suggestions???

1 Answer Feb 9, 2010 at 1:42 PM
    • SophieD's Profile Photo

living in Kingston for a month

by SophieD Online Now Nov 1, 2008 at 1:25 PM

Hi everyone,
      a friend and me will do an internship in Kingston next march. And now we're looking for an accommodation for one month. An hotel would be very exspensiv for so a long time. Has anybody an idea where we can find a furnished apartment or a flat share or something else where we can live for a month?
      Thanks very much! Sophie

3 Answers Nov 20, 2008 at 4:46 PM
    • Reggae

by j.heaven Online Now May 17, 2007 at 4:32 PM

I'm planning on spending a week in kingston in July. I'm a huge reggae fan and was wondering if any locals could point me in the right direction for live music? I want to hear roots music...and none of that 'dancehall' Any ideas?

1 Answer Jun 10, 2007 at 1:02 PM
    • vidaboa's Profile Photo

Cuba to Jamaica

by vidaboa Online Now Feb 6, 2007 at 12:49 PM

Hey all, I am looking for a flight from Cuba to Jamaica and the only airline I can find that does it is Air Jamaica (except charter flights which are not an option). Does anyone know any other airline that I can research? Also, the Air Jamaica website doesn't allow me to check into flights out of Cuba online for some reason. Any help/advice appreciated. (note: I can leave from any destination in Cuba and arrive at any in Jamaica)

1 Answer Apr 27, 2007 at 9:41 PM
    • Drive, Taxi, Ferry???

by jennifer_kay17 Online Now Jan 21, 2007 at 3:33 PM

Hi,

My husband and I are traveling to Jamaica soon and we will be staying in Port Royal. We will be going back and forth to Kingston and were wondering the best way to get there. Should we hire a car and drive? Or catch a ferry? Or use taxis to get there and travel within Kingston as well? Any idea how much a taxi will cost us.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jennifer

• I'm searching for a ferry to leave Kingston

by silverchels Online Now Jun 5, 2006 at 3:41 PM

I'll be in Jamaica for a month, and leaving in the middle of August. I will then be moving to Rincon, Puerto Rico (near Aguadilla airport). I would like to find a ferry service to get between these locations. I am also curious about whether it would be worthwhile to bring my bicycle to Jamaica or have it shipped to Puerto Rico once I get there - it's my favorite way to get around.
      Any suggestions would be great.
      Thanks!

4 Answers Jul 21, 2006 at 11:08 AM
    • travelingbunny's Profile Photo

hotel in Kingston near airport

by travelingbunny Online Now Nov 9, 2005 at 7:32 AM

Hi Everyone-
      I am traveling to Cuba in a few weeks and have a lay over in Kingston on the way. My flight gets in very late at night so I wanted to book a hotel in advance. Does anyone have a recommendation for an inexpensive hotel, close to the airport, that will also arrange tranfers? Thanks so much!

1 Answer Nov 28, 2005 at 4:40 AM
    • aussiecouple's Profile Photo

flight to Saint Lucia

by aussiecouple Online Now Jul 28, 2005 at 9:41 PM

We're planning our next holiday to the West Indies (to take in some cricket). Can anyone tell us how to get to St Lucia from Kingston. I have tried Air Jamaica, Air Jamaica express, LIAT and BWIA and none of these sites indicate flights.

2 Answers Jul 30, 2005 at 3:14 AM
    • A few questions about Kingston

by johnson22980 Online Now Apr 29, 2005 at 10:04 PM

first of all I like to stay in small and modest yet safe and clean accomodations. Hostels would be fine and if a personal room is available would be preferable to anything else, but where ever it is I need a decent place to stay.... Any suggestions??

How safe is Kingstion?

How safe is buying or smoking pot?

Is driving very difficult? I want to hike the Blue Mountains and a car would be prefered transport. What about a guide for the hike? Is that necessary?

Record shops? Is there a market like part of town or day of the week?

Thank you very much, and any info would be greatly appreciated. I'm probably going to go in 3 weeks or so, but have to reservations for anything yet. Can travel on the fly or do I need to make reservations for any accomodations?

Thanks again
      Michael
      Reno, NV, USA

4 Answers May 12, 2005 at 2:15 PM
    • TravelCool's Profile Photo

Finally going

by TravelCool Online Now Feb 29, 2004 at 6:32 PM

I'm finally going to Kingston next Sunday. My sister Kate got better. She just had an inflammation in her back. My mother and I will go to Kingston wih three other people. We'll be there on a mission trip until March 13. This is my first mission trip, so I don't know how well it would mix with a VT meeting. I know two things, however. We'll be working at an orphanage called My Father's House, and if there can be a VT meeting it'll be my first one.

2 Answers Mar 1, 2004 at 9:17 AM
    • jamaican money

by jamaicanbuffalo Online Now Jun 17, 2003 at 9:45 PM

I hope to be visiting Jamaica in the near future, but I want some money exchanged now. How difficult is it to get some for my math class ? How is the economy in Jamaica at this point ?

1 Answer Jun 22, 2003 at 3:07 PM