Kingston Travel Answers

change location

I'm searching for a ferry to leave Kingston

by silverchels Online Now Jun 5, 2006 at 3:41 PM

I'll be in Jamaica for a month, and leaving in the middle of August. I will then be moving to Rincon, Puerto Rico (near Aguadilla airport). I would like to find a ferry service to get between these locations. I am also curious about whether it would be worthwhile to bring my bicycle to Jamaica or have it shipped to Puerto Rico once I get there - it's my favorite way to get around.
Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • pancharnic's Profile Photo

RE: I'm searching for a ferry to leave Kingston

by pancharnic Online Now Jun 12, 2006 at 6:48 PM

Sorry but there are no ferries from Jamaica to Puerto Rico - I sure wish there were!! You will have to fly to Miami and then to PR or fly to Antigua and then to PR.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: I'm searching for a ferry to leave Kingston

by atjones1974 Online Now Jul 5, 2006 at 5:47 PM

Hello Pancharnic: Any idea if there is a ferry between Kingston and Cuba? Or flights, besides an expensive Air Jamaica flight, b/w Montego Bay and Cuba? Thx

• pancharnic's Profile Photo

RE: RE: I'm searching for a ferry to leave Kingston

by pancharnic Online Now Jul 7, 2006 at 5:09 AM

Sorry again but there are no ferries that route either. Unfortunately we do not have enough traffic to support that service.

• JAsoldier's Profile Photo

RE: bring my bicycle to Jamaica

by JAsoldier Online Now Jul 21, 2006 at 11:08 AM

Drivers in Jamaica almost always sound their horn before passing, but once they have sounded it they will pass, you have to keep tight to the left and ride straight, they expect that and don't give a lot of leeway. It is best to rise early and ride before the hottest part of the day. Cycling, in my opinion, is the best way to see Jamaica. You can stop anywhere to talk to someone, take in a view or check out a shop/trader.
    If you state the type of cycling you do and the areas you are likely to stay/cycle I can most likely give you more advice on cycling in Jamaica. I have toured all parts of Jamaica by bicycle, and raced there several times.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines