Travel Answers
Kings Canyon National Park

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Yosemite Lakes RV or Yosemite Pines RV?

Yosemite National Park Jan 23, 2015 at 7:59 AM

Hi, has anyone stayed at either of these RV campgrounds outside the park? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

more
    • Accommodation for the 2015 Big Sur Marathon

Big Sur Jan 6, 2015 at 10:00 AM

Hello Everybody,
      My wife and I will be running the Big Sur Marathon this year : 26th of April
      We are looking for a nice and convenient accommodation. Any suggestion ?

Many Thanks,
      Nicolas

more
    • Weather in marina del Rey in January

Marina del Rey Jan 3, 2015 at 9:08 PM

Coming to marina del Rey january 13th. How is the weather in January? What should I pack? A coat? we are staying at the inn at marina del Rey. How is this hotel? I will b coming with my daughter and my 8 year old granddaughter. What are some fun things to do, other than disneyland and universal studios.

more
    • Road trip Las Vegas - San Diego... Which route?

California Dec 31, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Hi

Im going on a Road trip from Las Vegas to San Diego this coming saturday with my girlfriend.

We plan to leave LV early morning on jan 3rd and arrive some time in the afternoon in San Diego on jan 4th. Maybe overnight in Palm Springs.

Can you give me a good route description? As detailed as possible so we Can draw it in on a map

We Would Like to drive through death Valley and see some of that.

more
    • Disneyland/Universal Studios

Anaheim Dec 30, 2014 at 6:10 AM

I am ignorant!! A couple of wrinklies would love to spend their kids inheritance by visiting Disneyland/Universal Studios. We're not into thrill rides/high rides but just want to have some fun - any idea of how long we would should budget into our schedule - where exactly does Warner Bros fit into this. Can someone please explain what is what and whether we can get a combined ticket

Many thanks

more
    • enough time for terminal change at LAX??

Los Angeles Jan 14, 2015 at 11:37 PM

I have not came through LAX before and am not familiar with typical times to go between terminals and security. I have to switch flights from delta in terminal 2 to Hawaiian airlines in terminal 5 in 57 minutes (if everything is exactly on time) I will not have any checked bags. Would you guys mind advising on if you think this is a wise decision or should I try to change?

more
    • Off the beaten track tourism

Los Angeles Dec 30, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Any suggestions for this area that are safe and a bit different - say within 150 radius - don't fancy Hearst Castle - reviews seem to suggest that it is over priced

more
    • Disneyland & Universal Studios

Los Angeles Dec 31, 2014 at 5:21 AM

Many thanks for all the helpful postings

Thinking of visiting early June

Where is the best place to stay to visit Disneyland & Universal Studios - is it LA itself or within the theme parks - haven't got endless $ but sometimes it works out cheaper to stay in a resort once parking is added on.

How long does it take to drive from one Disneyland to Universal?

Where is the best place to book hotels via Trivago and where is the cheapest and most reliable place to purchase tickets. We live in the UK - did think of buying through Costco which we have UK membership for

All tips much appreciated

Many thanks

Happy New Year

more
    • mjtom's Profile Photo

Overnight rv parking, German couple

Rancho Palos Verdes Jan 17, 2015 at 2:10 PM

Hi everybody. Is it allowed to park overnight with rv on public streets? German couple travelling to Southern California in march 2015 with rented rv would be happy to get some assistance.

more
    • Pacific Terrace versus Ocean Park inn

San Diego Jan 6, 2015 at 9:15 AM

We are a family of 4 with tween daughters. We are looking for an ocean front suite for June for 4 nights. For price consideration and location, I have researched the pacific Terrace resort and Ocean park inn. Anyone have comments which one is better for us or if we should go somewhere else?

more
    • Alabama Hills Rock Locations

Alabama Hills Jan 16, 2015 at 4:22 PM

Hi -

I have video stills from a Twilight Zone episode shot in Alabama Hills. Would someone help me by looking at the stills, and possibly telling me where these shots were taken?
      My goal is to take pictures from the same distances and angles, and create a "then-and-now" presentation. Any info/guidance is gratefully accepted.

Thanks in advance,
      Paul Giammarco

more
    • ladyloreto's Profile Photo

Itinerary... please help me to make my trip perfect! :-)

California Jan 15, 2015 at 1:35 AM

Hey dear fellow members! We are flying to LAX at the end of May and we have our return flight 9 days later, from San Francisco. Our idea is to drive from LAX to San Francisco trough the Coast road, we┬┤ve heard thats a really nice roadtrip. But in the other hand, theres a couple a national parks (Death Valley, Yosemite) that we would love to visit.
      Our idea would be:
      1.- Pick up the car in LAX and right away drive to death valley. (maybe spend the night there in the car, do you know if thats possible?)
      2.- From Death Valley to the coast road and spend there one day (from St.Barbara for example, to San Francisco)
      3.- Leave the car in S.Fco Airport and then drive with public transportation to the city.
      4.- Make one day tours to Yosemite and another national park nearby.

It is of course everything "raw", and i would LOVE to read your ideas and/your experiences, that would be really helpful! Too manny days? Too few? what else we must see, etc.
      I thank you all in advance!!!!

more
    • mckinney3's Profile Photo

Bakersville and Three Rivers (198) approach to Kings Canyon/Sequoia

by mckinney3 Online Now Sep 21, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Will be flying from Atlanta, Ga to Bakersville, Ca. Not terminating in LA as I don't want to fight the traffic. Ultimate goal is to start a 3 week road trip at our first destination (Silver City). We need a place to recover and spend one night no further than 1 hour out of Bakersfield. I REALLY do not want to spend the night in a chain motel.

Just need a good vibe to begin our holiday! =)

dan

4 Answers Sep 22, 2013 at 7:59 AM
    • haysnoe's Profile Photo

Can Anyone Vouch for King's Canyon Lodge on Hwy. 180

by haysnoe Online Now Jul 29, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Having a hard time nailing down a place to stay on an upcoming weekend and may have found one at King's Canyon Lodge, roughly midway from Grant Grove to Cedar Grove.

When I called they guy was incredibly sketchy. Can anyone vouch for this place at all?

Thanks, WH

2 Answers Jul 30, 2008 at 10:31 AM
    • dahowarduk's Profile Photo

Query from UK

by dahowarduk Online Now Jul 22, 2004 at 10:46 AM

We live in the UK, and are flying into Las Vegas for 2 weeks, from September 13th. For our 2nd week (as we head back towards Las Vegas from Santa Barbara, we wanted to find somewhere to base ourselves for a couple of days, where we could do some hiking and see some glorious countryside. Is Kings Canyon N.P. a good choice? If so, where should we stay, and can you recommend a hotel? Do you have a website for a more detailed map? MANY THANKS David Howard dahowarduk@ntlworld.com

1 Answer Oct 9, 2005 at 1:34 PM
    • How do I get there?

by Ash412 Online Now Jun 4, 2004 at 6:26 PM

Does any one know how to get to roring river falls?Please email me directions. Is it even swim accessable? Thanks -Ash-

1 Answer Jun 4, 2004 at 7:06 PM