Kinaliada

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Yesilyurt & Istanbul Kart

Istanbul May 13, 2015 at 6:34 AM

I'll be staying one night near the airport and want to visit a lighthouse near the waterfront that looks to be near a train stop named "Yesilyurt." Is there a commuter train stop there? If so, where would I have to go to get on it, either coming from Sultanahmet area, or from the airport? Do I need a separate ticket for that, or will the Istanbul Kart cover that?
      Is there a bus that goes close to there? I didn't have much luck with the ulism (spelling?) web site in determining how to get there.

In terms of taking the train or metro across to Asia, is that covered by the Kart? I know ferries aren't but wasn't sure about Marmaray line, which might be different from the metro and trams.

Finally, is it possible to buy the Istanbul Kart with a credit card? I know you have to go to certain stations to get one (can't get one at just any tram stop) but what I'm not sure about is exactly how to purchase one. For example, at the Eminonu location, will it be obvious as to where I go to purchase it? Are they just available from machines or is there a real person there to help me if needed? Do they take credit cards?

Thanks.

more
    • How get to the Pamuk Museum?

Istanbul May 16, 2015 at 2:55 AM

Hello everybody!
      I really love Orhan Pamuk books and at this holiday I will be in Istanbul. I find on youtube that film (eng subtitles):

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxp8M42pcYE

My question is how can I get here from Taksim square?

Regards ;)

more
    • Zah's Profile Photo

Buses Terminal at Taksim Square

Istanbul May 14, 2015 at 10:27 AM

The buses was used to be at taksim square next to gezi park, but after the renovation of the square they said that it was moved under the square. but there is only a high way downside and no bus stops like eminonu or the previous one next to the square ... Any answers ?

more
    • security situation - 01 may 15

Istanbul May 1, 2015 at 5:49 AM

I am scheduled to land at ata turk istanbul on 02 may along with my family. Later in evening we would take a bus to Cappadocia. I just saw on TV that mass riots / protest are being held in taksim square and situation doesn't look good as per TV. 10,000 policemen have been deployed. any local turkish resident to please apprise about the situation. i really wanna visit....

more
    • Using Miles for traveling

Istanbul Apr 26, 2015 at 4:07 PM

Been saving United Mileage plus miles 300K for years, in hopes of using them to travel to Turkey class, I'm a big boy. Turkish air won't accept them.

I wonder if we can use the miles to travel is a major European city miles for business class, then purchase another flight to Istanbul.

Any thoughts? Advise?

more
    • robertopele's Profile Photo

One day in Istanbul

Istanbul May 7, 2015 at 8:16 AM

Hi I have a full day in Istanbul before flying out to Tbilisi and want to make the most of it.

What should I do and where should I go? Is is easy to get to and from Ataturk Airport?

Thanks

more
    • Gorkhali's Profile Photo

Best place to buy a Kilim?

Istanbul May 6, 2015 at 12:25 AM

Hi will be in Istanbul in few weeks. Any suggestion on where to find a good/authentic Kilim? I am looking for a typical hallway size around 3x5. Nothing exorbitant.

Thanks in advance.

BTW welcome any tips on how to make most of 3 days :)

more
    • Gift for someone traveling to Istanbul (from US)

Istanbul May 19, 2015 at 3:40 PM

Hi -

A family friend will be traveling to Istanbul in a few days with his family. His birthday will occur during his travels. Was trying to think of something fun that he would have to do in Istanbul - was thinking of Turkish currency but read that it's best to just use card/ATM while there.

Any thoughts/suggestions of what could maybe be something fun for his family while there?

more
    • pepemorris11's Profile Photo

From cruise terminal to international airport

Istanbul May 12, 2015 at 1:20 AM

I shall be arriving in Istanbul on 12 June by Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas. I have only one suitcase although there are the 2 of us travelling. My husband is not so mobile but he can walk very slowly so we intend to take the public transport back to Attaturk airport.
      From surfing the internet,I understand that the old cruise terminal is no longer in use and I will be leaving from Salıpazarı docks. From there , I read that the nearest tram station is Tophanes and i change to Zeytinburnu and there change to a metro to the airport.
      Please could you tell me if what I have written above is correct and
      1) How far is the dock from Tophanes? I heard 10 min. (I assume for a healthy mobile person) but in terms of distance?
      2) I do not think I need an Istanbulkart as I am only going straight to the airport. How do I buy my tokens from Tophane tram stop and how much will it cost to get to Zeytinburnu per person?
      3) Do I buy the next stretch from Zeytinburnu to the airport? And how much? Or can I buy a ticket that will get me straight from Tophane to the airport?
      Thank you very much.

more