Killington Travel Answers

change location

killington accomadation and bus connections

by Nelly93 Online Now Feb 18, 2008 at 3:18 PM

I am planning a ski trip to Killington in mid March...prior to Easter...and hope to fly to Boston ...possibly either fly to Rutland or take a bus to Killington from Boston.What is my best option.?.I am flying in from Bermuda and havent been to Boston before...always try to keep things simple.
Also I think I'll book dorm accomadation at Turn of the River Lodge. Has anyone out there been there?I"ll need to hire my gear and take buses etc.Thanks for any guidance.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: killington accomadation and bus connections

by repleo Online Now Feb 18, 2008 at 4:34 PM

I think your only public transportation option is Amtrak train from Boston to Albany NY, then switch to the Ethan Allen Express to Rutland. Amtrak shows a bus conection from Rutland to Killington but when you click on it it says no info available. That will probably take a day each way and cost an arm and a leg. Your best bet would be to rent a car at Logan. It is an easy hop onto the highway from Logan and then a 3 hour drive. You could also try northeastchartertour.com/cha... for a bus to Sunday River Bethal Maine. It is much nicer and better skiing than Killington. Call or email Killington Resort for better suggestions.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • dnwitte's Profile Photo

Re: killington accomadation and bus connections

by dnwitte Online Now Feb 18, 2008 at 4:42 PM

The Turn of River Lodge is in the valley on a stretch of fairly empty road, miles from any of the night life of Killington, so if that's important to you you had better consider booking a place on the Killington road. The lodge website says there's a shuttle service to the base lodges, but I think it would be worthwhile phoning them up for details of frequency and which base lodge they mean. Killington is a vast resort, and when I lived there there was no equipment rental available at the Gondola base, which is the closest one to Turn of River Lodge. Maybe there is now, but again, check beforehand to avoid disappointment.
    Flying to Rutland will cost you a fortune. Allow the better part of a day to take a bus to Rutland from Boston South Station. Here's a link to the bus schedule
    vermonttransit.com/fares.htm...

Rutland is 12 miles from Killington. Here's a link to the local transport option. thebus.com/routes/killigton....

It turns off route 4 and onto the Killington Road a few miles before Turn of River Lodge. I don't know what you should do from there unless you can get someone from the lodge to pick you up.

• dnwitte's Profile Photo

Re: killington accomadation and bus connections

by dnwitte Online Now Feb 18, 2008 at 4:54 PM

Of course, Repleo is right. Driving would be best. You can get from the airport to the northbound highway quite easily, with having to deal with too much of our notorious Boston traffic.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines