Killington Travel Answers

change location
elland's Profile Photo

Ski Trip to Killington Easter 2009

by elland Online Now Feb 3, 2008 at 11:31 AM

Hi there,
I am planning to visit Killington Easter 09, with my wife and kids 11 & 15. (We are from N.Ireland) I have skied extensively in Europe, but want to try USA. I hope to take in a city break to Boston also. Can anyone recommend apartment type accom with 2 bedrooms, close to slopes. Is there a ski guide facility and if so charge? Any must "Sees" or "Doos". How would I get to/from Boston. If anyone has any other helpful tips, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks David

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Ski Trip to Killington Easter 2009

by repleo Online Now Feb 3, 2008 at 2:40 PM

April is probably a bit on the late side for the east coast. Sunday River in Bethal Maine is my favorite. It is (or at least one of) the biggest areas in the east and is renowned for being able to produce the best coditions. Great variety of slopes for all levels. They also offer a huge selection of on -mountain acommodation options with most of them offering true ski-in/ski-out convenience - ski right up to the door of your condo. Also offer good late season and mid week rates.
    However you may need to go out west for decent skiing that late. Park City, in Utah is excellent and would be the most accessible for you coming from Ireland flying into Salt LAke cITY. There are at least half a dozen ski areas within 30 minutes. Deer Valley is probably the premier one. They have on mountain accommodation or try googling 'vacation rental by owner' for a cheaper private rental.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Ski Trip to Killington Easter 2009

by repleo Online Now Feb 3, 2008 at 2:42 PM

April is probably a bit on the late side for the east coast. Sunday River in Bethal Maine is my favorite. It is (or at least one of) the biggest areas in the east and is renowned for being able to produce the best coditions. Great variety of slopes for all levels. They also offer a huge selection of on -mountain acommodation options with most of them offering true ski-in/ski-out convenience - ski right up to the door of your condo. Also offer good late season and mid week rates.
    However you may need to go out west for decent skiing that late. Park City, in Utah is excellent and would be the most accessible for you coming from Ireland - about a 30 minute drive from Salt Lake City. There are at least half a dozen great ski areas within 30 minutes. Deer Valley is probably the premier one. They have on mountain accommodation or try googling 'vacation rental by owner' for a cheaper private rental.

• elland's Profile Photo

Re: Ski Trip to Killington Easter 2009

by elland Online Now Feb 4, 2008 at 12:22 PM

Thanks. I have found the comments really helpful. I was unsure how long the season lasted in US, so that has set my mind staright. Will have a rethink.

Isn't VT great

Thanks Again David

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines