Killiney Travel Answers

change location
sarahansson78's Profile Photo

dublin to killiney

by sarahansson78 Online Now Jul 23, 2006 at 3:15 AM

Hi! Just want to know how to get from dublin to killiney, and how much it'll cost to go there. I'll be staying at Ashfield house in Dublin, and would like to do a small trip to the coast. Other tips for daytrips would be nice, too! Thanks. /Sara

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • oceania26's Profile Photo

RE: dublin to killiney

by oceania26 Online Now Jul 23, 2006 at 10:26 AM

I rented a car and drove - it took 2-3 hours or you could take the bus, check out http://www.buseireann.ie/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

RE: RE: dublin to killiney

by mccalpin Online Now Jul 23, 2006 at 12:09 PM

Hmmmn, which Killiney were you referring to? The one just south of Dublin or the one on the Dingle peninsula. The other answer of 2-3 hours by car was for the Dingle peninsula, since the Killiney south of Dublin (the one that I've been to) is a short (20-30 min?) train ride from the city center.

Bill

• irisht's Profile Photo

RE: dublin to killiney

by irisht Online Now Jul 24, 2006 at 11:04 AM

It will cost a few euro on the DART. Get a day ticket and go see Howth on the northern end of the DART line too. You could even go out to Bray at the southern end. A nice cheap day out - if the weather holds for you.

• mccalpin's Profile Photo

RE: RE: dublin to killiney

by mccalpin Online Now Jul 24, 2006 at 11:59 AM

Aha, this last answer is for the "other" Killiney (the one south of Dublin)...Sara, you really need to log in and tell us where you're going!!! ;-)

Bill

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines