change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Moucheron's Profile Photo

Time to drive

by Moucheron Online Now Apr 2, 2014 at 6:09 PM

What is a realistic driving time from Doolin to Killarney, Ireland?

15 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 10:17 AM
    • Is Killarney worth the drive on a short trip to Ireland?

by stephenjan Online Now Sep 14, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Hi! My wife and I are planning a getaway to Ireland, and wondering if it's worth the drive to Killarney on 3-day trip. We are planning to spend one day each in Dublin, Galway, and Killarney, but don't want to spend all day driving. Do you think Killarney is a reasonable drive from Dublin/Galway, or if a long one, still worth it? Any advice is much appreciated!

7 Answers Sep 15, 2013 at 6:45 AM
    • Hen weekend

by Merrymash Online Now Aug 26, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Hi I am planning to have my hen weekend in Ireland next feb. Been looking at Belfast and Dublin. But have heard that Killarney has a good atmosphere with plenty of bars. Do you think it is suitable for a party of roughly 12 hens or are we better sticking with Belfast or Dublin for the nightlife?

4 Answers Sep 8, 2013 at 6:32 AM
    • Easiest transportation from Killarney to Tralee

by sheashull Online Now Mar 25, 2012 at 7:21 PM

What is the easiest way to get from Killarney to Tralee. We will each have a suitcase?
      Thanks,

4 Answers Mar 26, 2012 at 12:46 PM
    • WW Kayaking

by Sunshine68 Online Now Feb 23, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Going to be in the Southeast of Ireland at end of May and I'm looking for possible White Water Kayaking opportunities near Killarney. Something in the neighborhood of a half day would be good. I won't be bringing my boat over so will need equip. rental as well.

3 Answers Feb 23, 2012 at 10:59 PM
    • anaturm's Profile Photo

Means of transport - Dublin to Killarney

by anaturm Online Now Jan 1, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Im flying from Edinburgh to Dublin tomorrow and, instead of staying in the big city first and travelling the countryside later on, Ive decided to do it the other way around this time, so my plan is to go from the Dublin airport to Killarney. I imagine the best way to get there would be by train, right? But in the Dublin airport website it said that there is no railway connection there, so I should take a bus to one of the train stations. Which one should I go to? My flight arrives at about 21hrs, can I still get a train that night to Killarney or would it be easier to just book a night at a hostel in Dublin and travel on the following morning?

I would also like to then go on to Doolin, to see the Cliffs of Mohre. Can I get there by train directly from Killarney or would it be better to be "stationed" in Galway (which Im planning to visit anyway) and make daily trips out?

Thank you very very much in advance for any answers! The VT forum has already been a HUGE help planning my travel so far and as soon as Im somewhere more stable, Ill start writing reviews and "giving back"! Thanks again :)

4 Answers Jan 2, 2012 at 4:41 AM
    • dobrovod's Profile Photo

Christmas in Killarney

by dobrovod Online Now Dec 7, 2011 at 12:39 PM

It may sound cliché, but having some Irish ancestry and hearing this song as a kid made it sound wonderful. Now, I have the opportunity to do so with my family. I am wondering if much is open over the long Christmas weekend or if we would be sufficiently satisfied with the amenities at a nice hotel, local walks and Christmas mass.

Please let me know if 3-4 days worthwhile over Christmas. Due to flight times and days that I can take off, we may do a couple of days in Dublin as well with a rental car and stop by Blarney Castle.

3 Answers Dec 12, 2011 at 6:08 AM
    • Hen Party!!

by lol888 Online Now Aug 23, 2011 at 2:13 PM

Any suggestions in what bar/nightclub for roughly 30 ppl in Killarney for age group from 20 - 50... is there any bars with vip area and maybe cocktail bar????? help....

2 Answers Sep 9, 2011 at 11:37 AM
    • fancy dress

by k8jlb Online Now Jul 21, 2011 at 12:46 PM

hi i was just wondering how killarney is for fancy dress. its mine and my friends 25th in august and we'v booked a hotel in killarney and we all plan on dressing in sexy fancy dress and would like to know weather there is any places that object to this and any places that dont mind???

2 Answers Jul 28, 2011 at 11:02 AM
    • Wednesday and Thursday nights in Killarney

by LtMorale Online Now Apr 14, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Will be on a tour of Ireland next week and will be spending Wednesday and Thursday nights in Killarney. In case we wind up having to find our own entertainment those nights. . . . - what would be some recommended locations that are not tourist traps but yet have a lively atmosphere. Our group of friends are in the 30's to 40's age bracket if that makes a difference.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions

5 Answers Apr 16, 2011 at 10:46 PM
    • transport from Killarney to Dingle

by amytree Online Now Feb 15, 2011 at 6:30 AM

We will be visiting in May and would like to kwow if there is any transport from Killarney to Dingle besides the daily bus or renting a car(not a good option) We would like to take the bus tour of the Ring of Kerry one day, and then get over to Dingle later on that day if at all possible.
      Any ideas?

2 Answers Mar 10, 2011 at 10:59 AM
    • Buying Liquor in Killarney

by pmerilees Online Now Aug 23, 2010 at 12:57 PM

I am a fan of Gin and Tonic ( the english drink!). Will there be any problem
      buying the ingredients for the "drink of the invader"?

6 Answers Aug 24, 2010 at 3:05 PM
    • Jaames & Ellen Welch

by kdrenney Online Now Feb 21, 2010 at 4:36 PM

We are planning a trip to Ireland in search of our ancestors. My Great Grandfather Robert Welch (several different versions of spelling have been found)was born in Killarney, Kerry, Ireland about 1840. The IGI file states that he and his parents Janes and Ellen were Roman Catholic. I am looking for further information on them. Does this church have the records if not could you advise as to where we should start. We plan to stay in Ireland about a week, so our time will be short. He married a girl by the name of Margaret O'Connor who was born in Bally-Na-Lackin, Limerick, Ireland and will want to go to that area too. We have a little more information on her than we do in Robert and his family.

Any assistance you can offer will be so greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

Sincerely
      Kate Welch Denney
      Canyon Lake, Texaa
      s

2 Answers Feb 26, 2010 at 5:52 AM
    • need Quills Woolen Markert e address

by floridapugmom Online Now Nov 29, 2009 at 5:23 AM

Can anyone help me find a e address for the Quills Woolen Market on Main Street in Killarney? My husband and I visited this beautiful city in September. I purchased a lovely linen and damask table runner from Quills and want to purchase more for Christmas presents. I would GREATLY appreciate someones help in getting contact information for Quills. Since I am in the U.S. I would prefer not to have to place a phone call. HELP!

2 Answers Nov 29, 2009 at 7:13 AM
    • tour times and cost

by kimberlyross Online Now Jun 26, 2009 at 3:31 PM

I was wondering how much a usual tour of the Ross Clan Castle would cost. Also, what are the usual times for the tours, and do you need a reservation?

1 Answer Jun 26, 2009 at 4:00 PM
    • bus

by mickistamps Online Now May 5, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Is there a bus that runs from Killarney to Cork city

2 Answers May 6, 2009 at 1:54 AM
    • Train from Killarney to Dublin or Hire a Driver

by HunterP Online Now Sep 10, 2008 at 5:19 PM

Hello,
      My Wife and I will be staying in Killarney for a few days this October before going to Dublin. We are trying to decide if we should take the train to Dublin or hire a driver (we won't have a rental car). The driver is more expensive but will include a tour of the Rock of Cashel. How easy is it to get to travel by train from Killarney to Dublin? Is the Rock of Cashel worth a stop off on the way to Dublin,
      Thanks,
      HunterP

2 Answers Sep 10, 2008 at 11:26 PM
    • Pools open to the public

by cathy9510usa Online Now Mar 29, 2008 at 1:54 AM

Hi,

I'm looking for a swimming pool/jacuzzi open to the public in Killarney. I do know several of the spa complexes have special facilities with herbal saunas and fancy showers, but these cost 25 euros to use, and we don't particularly like saunas. Paying 25 euros/$40/£20 just to use the pool and jacuzzi is way too steep. Any suggestions for a less expensive option? Many thanks.

Cathy

3 Answers Jun 17, 2009 at 8:53 AM
    • MindyWhite's Profile Photo

Killarney w/Teen

by MindyWhite Online Now Oct 8, 2007 at 9:13 PM

I will be in Killarney in November with my 15 year old son. Anyone have suggestions on accommodations when traveling with a teenager?

Mindy White
      Georgetown, Texas

1 Answer Oct 9, 2007 at 8:28 PM
    • Strawberry trees and Cromwell

by slate2 Online Now Aug 18, 2007 at 3:39 AM

Has anyone heard about Cromwell felling the strawberry trees in Killarney?

2 Answers Sep 6, 2007 at 10:03 AM
    • RWFAN's Profile Photo

Moving to Killarney??

by RWFAN Online Now May 12, 2007 at 5:26 AM

Hi there! A friend and I are considering a move to Killarny... we are in Galway right now and are not having a good time finding a place to live.. can anyone suggest a place online that is good for finding accommodation listing or jobs in Killarny?? Also, we are considering Dingle as well, so feel free to share anything that you know about that!!

We are hoping to move TODAY... lol... so I am really needing some advice!!

2 Answers May 13, 2007 at 5:09 AM
    • Armagnac

by cathy9510usa Online Now May 12, 2007 at 2:09 AM

My husband loves Armagnac, and the past several times when we were in Ireland we scoured the places that sell wines and whiskeys but could not find any (except in bars, but we want to buy a bottle). Does anyone know if it's possible to buy Armagnac in Killarney, and if so, where? Thanks very much.

4 Answers May 12, 2007 at 4:11 AM
    • What what what what???

by NatalieTipperary Online Now Apr 23, 2007 at 11:45 AM

Are the nightclubs in Killarney over 18s or 21s or what???

1 Answer Apr 24, 2007 at 5:05 AM
    • Tullyfern

by nikisnow Online Now Feb 8, 2007 at 8:00 AM

Has anyone ever stayed at the Tullyfern Cottage? Not the B&B, but the self catering cottage. If so, what did you think?

• Please help with itinerary while in Killarney

by drinmyer Online Now Feb 1, 2007 at 6:59 AM

Hi. we have 3 days for touring. Arrive SHannon wed. drive to Killareny for Event on Sat. How can we fit in, ROK, Dingle, drive up coast to Cliffs. Our last night is Sun (in Bunratty) for flight out Mon. It's a short visit, mainly for event in Killarney on Sat. So we need to be not tooo far out of the way on friday. Is dingle to far to go out and back (hotel in KIllarney OR should we do it on Sun. as we leave to go up coast to see Cliffs. Thanks for ANY suggestions!

3 Answers May 19, 2008 at 9:49 AM
    • accommodations

by richardpaulmcclain Online Now Jan 23, 2007 at 1:33 PM

planning on a trip to ireland for 4 couples, looking for a reasonably priced b&b,guest house,etc that is close to towne so we can park our car at night and do some walking,pubbing, and eating. any ideas?

also looking for same in clifden, will only need rooms for 3 couples.

2 Answers May 2, 2007 at 3:44 PM
    • May 07 trip to Killarney--any feisiana?

by caboyd Online Now Nov 3, 2006 at 7:14 AM

We have just booked into Killarney at the end of May and are hoping to be able
      to let our daughter enter in a feis in County Kerry or nearby. Has anybody heard of one scheduled during the final two weeks in May?
      Thanks,
      caboyd

3 Answers Nov 6, 2006 at 2:03 PM
    • May 07 trip to Killarney--any feisiana?

by caboyd Online Now Nov 3, 2006 at 4:44 AM

We have just booked into Killarney at the end of May and are hoping to be able
      to let our daughter enter in a feis in County Kerry or nearby. Has anybody heard of one scheduled during the final two weeks in May?
      Thanks,
      caboyd

• Killarney Stay

by mgmfoto Online Now Oct 16, 2006 at 6:33 PM

What are the closest B&B's and hotels to St. Mary's Cathedral on Killarney?

2 Answers Nov 15, 2006 at 11:32 AM
    • Tour of Ring of Kerry

by kmohin Online Now Aug 7, 2006 at 2:10 PM

Can anyone tell me how long the bus tour of the Ring of Kerry takes? Do the tours run continuously throughout the day? Thanks for any info

2 Answers Aug 8, 2006 at 1:58 PM